It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Removing Dislike Button

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Edumakated

If they remove the tools that allow us to disapprove of something then by default everyone will automatically approve!

What’s 2 + 2 Winston?

My old employer figured this out years ago. The satisfaction survey

A. Great
B. So Excellent
C. Fantastic

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact the fearmongering MSM videos on Covid-19 have a 99% dislike ratio 99% of the time... nah it must be because they want to protect kids mental health as they claim. What heroes.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

CENSORSHIP . Violates My First Amendment Right . We Should ALL Sue them .

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Also I remember several months ago YouTube started testing this system but they claimed individual channels would have the ability to hide the dislike count. If the goal is to help the mental health of creators then why not give them the option instead of doing it for all videos? I look at the like/dislike ratio on every single video I watch to get an understanding of how people perceive it. It's not only a good way to know if a video is bad before I watch it, but it has been an extremely insightful tool for understanding human psychology. I guess these fools prefer a world of ignorance by hiding information that was once openly available.
edit on 10/11/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yup. You can go look at videos on Covid, Brandon, and many other left leaning issues and the like / dislike ratio is telling. They are trying to hide the disapproval of the narrative.

Then they are going to have to turn the F*ing comments off.

They may as well, because if we can't down-vote a video, we will just start posting comments that say "I dislike this video."

Then they'll censor that.

They will not allow a different opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
This is about one account and one account only. They’ll do anything to hide what people really think about the Brandon administration. Turning comments off just wasn’t enough.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The dislike count is invisible for all viewing accounts, but the dislike button itself will still be present and the count visible by the author as well as YT.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The dislike count is invisible for all viewing accounts, but the dislike button itself will still be present and the count visible by the author as well as YT.

If the public cant see the dislike count then it helps no one.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Social medias and news channels are prepping the new generations to no ask, do as we say and believe what we tell you society with no creativity and not opinions of any kind Right now the voices of the people have been silenced by them and only what they approve is allow, darn you need to just see what is going on, this no joke this the reality we are allowing this corrupted entities push unto us.

That is why we the older generations need to go, we need to get covid and die and we need to shut the heck off.

Social media and big tech do not want our older generations that fought for freedoms they want the gullible illiterate new young kinds to easily manipulate at the will of what ever their agenda is.

edit on 10-11-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's worse than that.

It restricts us from hearing others opinions.

It silences those that would differ from the opinion in any video.

It effectively controls the message.

Sure, it's only "YouTube" and some will just say, "If you don't like it, create your own YouTube".

But I'd say it's already started with other social media platforms.

Social media platforms for the most part have become part of the federal government, granted, by proxy, but they're part of the government all the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I tend to think of it like any other utility.

Simple question.

Were tax dollars used to build, maintain or expand your business?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory and paranormal videos are helpful to see the dislikes to quickly ascertain if the video will be a hoax or not.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I saw this earlier today. Youtube announced that they are getting rid of video dislikes. They will no longer show how many dislikes a video has on their platform.

YouTuve Removing Dislikes

Youtube claims "the change will better protect its creators from harassment and reduce the threat of what it calls “dislike attacks” — essentially, when a group teams up to drive up the number of dislikes a video receives."

Of course, we know the real reason is to prevent the public from knowing how many people disagree with something. We've discussed on here before how Youtube was manipulating likes and dislikes on Whitehouse videos as it is no secret that the dislikes are often 2x's the likes. See this video for an example:

The manipulation and propaganda is real.

If the views counter reads 25k and the likes counter reads 2k then the implication is still evident even if there's no explicit stat. There's also the option of typing "dislike" in the comments assuming they're brave enough to not disable that feature as well. And for every platform that curbs participation to reframe their user approval stats, there's a half dozen other platforms that represent the chance to generate discussion around the ethics of those decisions.

It's not censorship if the dislike counter is only invisible to YouTube audiences, because it's still visible to the all seeing admins of Google and their corporate interests. Yeah that logic tracks.

edit on 10-11-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's worse than that.

It restricts us from hearing others opinions.

It silences those that would differ from the opinion in any video.

It effectively controls the message.

Sure, it's only "YouTube" and some will just say, "If you don't like it, create your own YouTube".

But I'd say it's already started with other social media platforms.

Social media platforms for the most part have become part of the federal government, granted, by proxy, but they're part of the government all the same.

It allows them to frame the story without being exposed.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe I will make my own website where you can link the video and allow people to like and dislike there with an unfiltered comment section completely separate of YouTube

I shall call it “Brandon’s Corner”
edit on 10-11-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

May I have 2:44 of your life?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

That sick little video (lol) is what the current administration is trying to gaslight us with, hence the censorship.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Maybe I will make my own website where you can link the video and allow people to like and dislike there with an unfiltered comment section completely separate of YouTube

I shall call it “Brandon’s Corner”

You mean BitChute?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I saw this earlier today. Youtube announced that they are getting rid of video dislikes. They will no longer show how many dislikes a video has on their platform.

YouTuve Removing Dislikes

Youtube claims "the change will better protect its creators from harassment and reduce the threat of what it calls “dislike attacks” — essentially, when a group teams up to drive up the number of dislikes a video receives."

Of course, we know the real reason is to prevent the public from knowing how many people disagree with something. We've discussed on here before how Youtube was manipulating likes and dislikes on Whitehouse videos as it is no secret that the dislikes are often 2x's the likes. See this video for an example:

The manipulation and propaganda is real.

They'd better disable all the comments as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No was thinking more like just reference the video you like or dislike so people can go watch it for themselves and then come back to my junkyard/web site and like or dislike and give it praise or talk # and mock it freely.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join