It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIK TOK is scary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There is something about the music with some of their videos that's really unsettling.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

or they just got better at hiding it from you.

Ha no doubt but my wife and I try to stay in the know of what they are doing without being a dictator lol. My oldest I can really trust, but it's my youngest who I have to stay on top of. They get the random, "give me your phone".

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I banned my kids from it a while ago. Told them if I catch them on there, there phone would be mine. Seems to have worked lol.

I hate to say it, but they are probably looking at it.

In addition to all the depressing stuff, there is a ton of basically x rated content.
It's not x rated visually, but what it talks about is. I can't imagine an 8 year old or something looking at this stuff..

Oh for sure, my youngest (10 years old) is very fascinated by sexual stuff as my 13 year old never really showed it as much. So you can guess which one I can trust a bit more lol. I've come to learn that there are other avenues to Tik Tok besides the app itself which can be hard to monitor but for the most part I think they do stay off of it.

I can happily say that I had the app for like a week to "check it out". Got rid of that # in a hurry.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

or they just got better at hiding it from you.

Ha no doubt but my wife and I try to stay in the know of what they are doing without being a dictator lol. My oldest I can really trust, but it's my youngest who I have to stay on top of. They get the random, "give me your phone".

Today raising a kid would need to be just that a dictatorships if you want them safe.
One single thing can destroy for life. Mine thank me that I was hard on them they are at the top and healthy and chose life long partners.

I did not let term spend the night at another kids house for instance, later found out my sons friend confessed the step father was a molester, glad I stuck by my guns on the NO.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Some would say tik tok may even be a form of cyber warfare.
The tik tok exported to the world looks very different to china's internal version.

Our version is malignant entity full of all manner of inapropriate filth targeted at youngsters,while in china tik tok is highly controlled and sanitised by the government and used to share videos only by people who are approved and in line with the government.

PJW did a good video which covers the matter a while ago:

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Also, guy #2 looks goofy as heck, but he actually looks more like the average Joe right? The problem is when you show him after showing cowboy beefcake #2 looks like ground beef!

Sometimes you have to pass on the steak and settle for a hamburger.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Also, guy #2 looks goofy as heck, but he actually looks more like the average Joe right? The problem is when you show him after showing cowboy beefcake #2 looks like ground beef!

Sometimes you have to pass on the steak and settle for a hamburger.

And... (good) hamburger was once steak that's gone through life's mincer! It's now more malleable... and easier to chew.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I didn't know Tik-Tok was a website that contained videos. I thought it was just a video editing program like Adobe for adding weird looks to people... Enjoyed by young people and kids only.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I didn't know Tik-Tok was a website that contained videos. I thought it was just a video editing program like Adobe for adding weird looks to people... Enjoyed by young people and kids only.

Well now you know it is cowboys shaking the goods, women with bodies that aren't anatomically normal,
some sad sad sad videos. Believe it or not, there is a tiny bit of conspiracy thrown in there too.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yes they are showing us all stages in this video... lol

And... (good) hamburger was once steak that's gone through life's mincer! It's now more malleable... and easier to chew.

H ere
edit on 10-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Encia22

Here is a perfect example.

Here

It worked for me.
Good lord did that make me feel terrible. 😢

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
clicking that link was the first time i have seen a tik tok thing. i suspect also the last. i think i'm too old and unhip for all this stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The scary part, is it's probably just another facial recognition scam.
Like all those free filter apps that gives you a dog face and saves your real face.
It's got to have the weird factor to lure in people.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I too dove into tt, I had to ban myself... They do a really good job of getting you addicted..

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I have been on TT a zillion times...and all I have ever seen is political stuff (usually MAGA things) and DIY type stuff. I have yet to see all the weirdness unless its posted on Twitter. lol I get really sucked into the DIY stuff....as im doing a reno on my house before I sell it. I never thought that could happen.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The scary part, is it's probably just another facial recognition scam.
Like all those free filter apps that gives you a dog face and saves your real face.
It's got to have the weird factor to lure in people.

Maybe. But you can view it on a computer that has no camera......

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

I have been on TT a zillion times...and all I have ever seen is political stuff (usually MAGA things) and DIY type stuff. I have yet to see all the weirdness unless its posted on Twitter. lol I get really sucked into the DIY stuff....as im doing a reno on my house before I sell it. I never thought that could happen.

I’m online a lot, and look at all kinds of stuff, but TT is not coming up with anything even close to things I’m into.

Gardening, cooking, survival, etc, politics.
There is some stuff that is just plain weird that I would never look at.
I have yet to see one political TT. Weird right!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join