It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Americans They Are Healing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have been watching a documentary about all the Native American children that were adopted into white families and abused and denied their true culture.

All their beauty and treasures...they were deprived of who they truly are...children taken from their Native American parents for no good reason. Their parents were good people and their children should not have been taken away.

I just found out about this tonight...and I am very sad.

My Native American friends have helped to save me. When I was 18 at the Grand Canyon the head of the Hopi tribe put a white head-dress on me.

I am 72 now. Did you know about this?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

Apparently our deprived governmental three letter agencies have been doing things like this to various groups of humans for years. They do it to all of us but like isolated groups like the Indian nations would be or some isolated Appalachian area. I am sorry to hear it happened to anyone. We have been their guinea pigs for years. I pray we can change this in the right way. I pray we are not too late to awaken as a nation to exactly what evils these people are doing to us all. Native Americans are Americans, and we all are Natives at heart without the noble lineage who were born here.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The native Americans had a ordeal that's lasted long enough.There were wrongs on all sides though.Tribed chose between the French, English,and Spanish to gain advantage over other tribes and that lead to their defeat.The Five "civilized" tribes that adapted white ways were betrayed by Jackson,losing their lands.Today they are reclaiming their heritage to some degree.Glad to see it

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

Really! You haven’t heard about this?
Well I guess it all depends on where you live too.
Here in Canada it’s ingrained into our heads that it’s every white persons fault for what the government did.
They call it the 60s scoop here.

In fact, not to long ago they found a mass grave of something like 200 kids in British Columbia at what was called a residential school.
It’s where the Indian kids stayed once they were taken or given up, from their parents.
The Catholic Church tried to take the “savage” (not my words) out of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
The native Americans had a ordeal that's lasted long enough.There were wrongs on all sides though.Tribed chose between the French, English,and Spanish to gain advantage over other tribes and that lead to their defeat.The Five "civilized" tribes that adapted white ways were betrayed by Jackson,losing their lands.Today they are reclaiming their heritage to some degree.Glad to see it

Please read and consider this.

Genocide or move them to Indian lands outside US Soil after 1st the French and then the Brits used them to murder the settlers?

I starred you but you are wrong on the civilized tribes.

Only one the Cherokee were "considered" peaceful but they had had their run ins with settlers on the western side of the Smokey's. What caused the "trail of tears" was Tecumseh from the Ohio area leading all the tribes in a murderous run of events spurred on by the war of 1812 British who captured the famous Daniel Boone of KY fame. A fantastic escape we all should read from Ft Detroit by Boone saved Boonesboro days later.

Jackson fought both the Indians AND the British during these war years. He concluded that the settlers could not trust the Native American tribes to again form another revolt on US soil. They were moved to Indian territories in the west against their will rather than the US gov Soldiers to have to use genocide. Christians didn't like that option. Both sides have committed autrocities to the other for years and that is how it is. The losers normally get nothing in history for being weaker.

Very honestly, Jackson saved our Republic and was cheated from his 1st victory as POTUS but won the next time.

edit on 10-11-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join