It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buys you regretted but then not.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

A couple, three of my ex-girlfriends.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
So was it the couple or the three ex girlfriends that you regretted but then not?

This is not really clear from your post.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, they were high maintenance but also occasionally worth the investment.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I know of a guy that bought his wife on a whim whilst in Thailand.

The Irony... after fourty or more years they are still married to this day and happily too

Im still thinking and no one knows for sure before anyone asks if...

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

edit on 9-11-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

I have to ask, did he really "buy" her or was she willing to go with him in exchange for injecting financial security to her family there?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

He bought her for an agreed sum after meeting her in a strip club.

Don't know much else. It's not really the type of thing ive ever been able to ask. Bit awkward if you get me

PS: one of the funnier things but still nice in its own way...
Bear in mind this is late 70's/80s before my time, so second hand accounts im re-telling.

When her family first came over to visit the guy went to work and left her father at his home for the day.
He came home to a house filled with fricken rabbits, birds, and all sorts of animals for a feast and gesture etc.
Turned out the father-in law went out running over the local farmers land stealing and slaughtering the small animals etc...

edit on 9-11-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Bit awkward if you get me

That's why I thought it's my chance to ask you because this too would not be something I would ask directly.

When her family first came over to visit the guy went to work and left her father at his home for the day.
He came home to a house filled with fricken rabbits, birds, and all sorts of animals for a feast and gesture etc.
Tuned out the father-in law went out running over the local farmers land stealing and slaughtering the animals etc...
He came home with a fricken rabbits, birds, and all sorts of animals for a feast and gesture etc.

Hilarious sweet.

Reminds me of my former neighbor, fresh from South Africa. We brush/sweep the sidewalks here on Saturdays, means we clean off the rubble and debris on the street where the sidewalk ends. For a clean German satisfying look lol. I like that too, looks so nice and you can frown upon the filthy neighbors that are not finished 8am on a Saturday doing this.

Jokes aside, we really do this and I noticed he started doing this too, kind of alibi like "hey look I do the same" but not really, he just sweeped it to the middle of the road and showed presence. That made me chuckle because it showed me once again how different cultures and their thinking pattern can be.

And I said nothing because I know he is smart enough to see me and others doing it the right way, I just found it sweet and somehow adorable. I thought where you come from you had bigger problems so sweep like you want, it's meaningless problem to you but at least you act like doing it. Very nice and gently guy though, hard working.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Atlas rotary fly tying vise...

I had always wanted one and my wife surprised me with one as a birthday gift a few years back. My first months with the vise I really thought I'd made a big mistake. I would usually set up to tie flies at the new vise then after a half hour of frustration I'd drag my old Regal vise back out and end up tying on it. The catharsis came when I was on a weekend trip and accidentally packed the rotary vise. That forced me to be persistent and I ended up learning exactly how to get the most out of the vise. Now it is pretty much all I tie on.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lol you had me for a second until I understood it's for fishing.

Until I finished reading and got on search machine, I thought your job or hobby is to literally tie flies on a vise, maybe for research purposes.

duh

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A couple, three of my ex-girlfriends.

Buying girlfriends?

I've always thought leasing is better...its just the mileage tax
edit on 9-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I can only relate with cars and I tell you, the leased ones I got to refurbish were neglected, barren and generally not treated good.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I can only relate with cars and I tell you, the leased ones I got to refurbish were neglected, barren and generally not treated good.

Nothing is worse than when you buy a car, and all the previous owners still like to drive it occasionally

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That's where my "pulling hoe" comes in handy. Everyone can ride her, but she's to be treated good and all fluids replenished afterwards, because she is old and not good for wild times but will finish the job.

Yes I really call her that way, I've heard it elsewhere similar, like winter hoe.

"Zug schlampe"

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Had doubts about a tool that is a specialized weed puller. But after a season of using it, no longer. True, it does not get EVERY weed out by the roots, but I think it gets at least 80% of them which is a big improvement over pulling with hand ... plus I don't have to bend down to get the weed.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join