It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buys you regretted but then not.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My goodness!

When I unpacked it, I confess I had a bad consciousness spending 90€ on something like this....Will it be junk, are the reviews all fake? I've never been a teleshopping person and brush away these things as useless junk normally. But not Dave.

Dave is my new foot massage device and working hard currently. The sounds of my keyboard strokes are in harmony with the sounds Dave makes giving me a Shihatsu massage currently. The second one today. At first I was surprised about the size of the packaging and touch to it, does not feel cheap at all. No funny smell. I could not imagine it being around for too long though, no idea why.

When I stuck my feet in it and it started.... OMG that prejudice melted away just like my concentration.

Best buy I initially regretted but then not! Same with the toaster. The old one died, I tend to read reviews a lot but this one I just bought and it makes the best toast slices for half the price of my old one.

So did you ever buy something that you, on your way home or during delivery, you regretted but then not?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Ethereum

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This may sound stupid but, a rice cooker. No more tending to the pot of rice cooking on the stove top. In a rice cooker you just put in the rice and water, set it and no need to watch over it. Heaven I tell ya!

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A good bottle of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon!

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
*****disclaimer be very careful if you get DMSO if using make sure you read all precautions*****

It's ironic and semi-foot-related. My left calf and foot were burned in a fire when I was a little kid 3rd-degree burns, I've had numerous surgeries and was told I would have problems once I got older. Tried all kinds of stuff over the years Vitamin E oils, Icy Hot, etc. Well, I was reading about DMSO and how it helps scars and pain in general, well LSS I ordered by accident a whole gallon of this stuff.

SO now I got a gallon of this stuff and to use it needs to be diluted so I got enough for ten years use or more.

But it works phenomenally for me LOL I even order small bottles to make roll-on applicators to give to family members.
I use magnesium oil and just a small amount of DMSO and my foot feels better than it has in decades, the scar tissue has softened. I also mix it with aloe vera and it works for arthritis according to my Mom and my sister swears by it and uses it on her knee. It doesn't take much at all, if I got a headache just rub a little bit on my temple. It loosens up cramps

6 years later and I'm just now on the last bit of the gallon.

Between the DMSO and I use one of those high-impact massagers and my feet feel great. I have to because I've always had jobs where I was on my feet all day. I firmly believe a comfortable foot leads to a comfortable life

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Ethereum

Damn isn't that the truth...

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

DMSO is an unusual thing to bring up but testifies to how it helped you.

This rings a bell I think we talked about DMSO & scars before. The reason why I hesitate is that big portions of the scar lines are tattooed over and around the scar tissue but I do high concentrated magnesium (epsom) salt baths to counter it together with almond oil after the bath.

The issue with my feet come from wearing safety shoes when I am normally used shoes with very thin soles, similar to ballerinas in flexibility.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Short and precise answer: Agreed.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That one massive didgeridoo.

It makes a magnificent hat-stand though.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, sometimes you got to buy something "included" that you don't really need or want.

So every time I want to buy my whey and creatine powder, I get a perfectly good plastic bucket that nobody wants.

Why can't I bring the bucket I already have and you can just fill it up?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
What you might need then is one of these powder silo storage trucks. It might be similar to my foot massage device. Someone on the internet talks you into buying one, you do, regret, but in the end it's the best thing ever since sliced and fried potato.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Talking about that powder, once it came with two nice looking neon green water bottles each.

Cool, I take that deal: two buckets of powder and 4 free neon green water bottles.
I got Christmas presents for everybody.

But then nobody really wanted them, and they were stashed in grandma's closet.

Until lockdown came round, and we had to brew our own pineapple beer.
Oh boy, was I grateful for those bottles.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Loads of times I've spent money I didn't really have on vinyl and then wondered how I'm going to make it through until payday.
Sometimes some very expensive ones and I think to myself what the hell am I doing????

But I always seem to manage and I'm glad that I've got what I've got.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Music is for the soul, if you manage the physical rest and it works for you, who could be happier?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

DMSO is an unusual thing to bring up but testifies to how it helped you.

This rings a bell I think we talked about DMSO & scars before. The reason why I hesitate is that big portions of the scar lines are tattooed over and around the scar tissue but I do high concentrated magnesium (epsom) salt baths to counter it together with almond oil after the bath.

The issue with my feet come from wearing safety shoes when I am normally used shoes with very thin soles, similar to ballerinas in flexibility.

HAHA, I do seem to remember that thread IIRC. Now I sound like a DMSO infomercial as they are called in the states. I would be concerned about the ink too. Just a cursory search shows people report tattoos fading after using DMSO, so it's probably not a good idea. All I know is the scar tissue on my legs is feeling so much better, the circulation etc.

I do have a question though do you have tattoos actually on the keloid scar tissue or does it just outline it? If it is just an outline you might be able to just put it on the scar tissue itself. I use it on areas of my legs where I have scar tissue just for its cosmetic value, it loosens it up and it's not as raised up feels closer to normal skin.

edit on 9-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I would not really mind fading but I don't want the stuff to go deeper, if that makes sense. And no worries did not get the infomercial impression..

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Music is for the soul, if you manage the physical rest and it works for you, who could be happier?

If I'm not smiling I'm laughing like a maniac!

If you'd done an opposite thread about getting rid of things that you wish you'd kept i could list several pages worth.....and I wouldn't be the only one , I'd bet.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

If I'm not smiling I'm laughing like a maniac!

If you'd done an opposite thread about getting rid of things that you wish you'd kept i could list several pages worth.....and I wouldn't be the only one , I'd bet.

No kidding at one time before the iPhone Itunes, Ipods, Ipads, and even before the Imacs way back in the early 90's I had 50 shares of APPLE.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I would have to add some things too so have a go at it

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

My teeth implants, at first they felt awful, they stressed me out so much that i had to chain smoke and drink beer for a couple of days, then all of the sudden they felt better than my real teeth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join