It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyle Rittenhouse's so-called victim just admitted under oath that KR shot him self-defense

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: neutronflux

If “ Skateboard Guy and Bicep Boy”, cared then they should have done something when the first guy that was shot made the threat he was going to f!ck’n kill Rittenhouse.

Neither of them were privy to that exchange. They were, according to Shamrock6, informed by shouts of "Hey! Stop that guy! He just shot and killed a guy!"

So, in your mind, having not even having seen the act..blast away..good enough..I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Stop him from what?

What impetus did they have to disarm him?

KR shot one person who tried to disarm him.

Another who had attacked him with a skateboard

A third who had a gun pointed at him.

All within a wider mob context.

Again, you're not making an apples to apples comparison.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Stop him from what?

What impetus did they have to disarm him?

KR shot one person who tried to disarm him.

Another who had attacked him with a skateboard

A third who had a gun pointed at him.

All within a wider mob context.

Again, you're not making an apples to apples comparison.

They can't

Self defense is not illegal.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Using analogy to justify a murder conviction doesn't pass "beyond reasonable doubt."

Works great for social media but not in court..

.yet

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Is what keeps threads alive and growing….

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: shooterbrody

Using analogy to justify a murder conviction doesn't pass "beyond reasonable doubt."

Works great for social media but not in court..

.yet

There is no "analogy" comparing a crime to self defense.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The part of it that's so mind boggling scary and depressing is how many people, which is a lot, that think volunteer DIY defending of buildings with only AR-15's is acceptable.

They were down there earlier in the day, went to the supply or gun shop, bought the gun straps, and brought guns, one instance illegally and against their own verbal instructions, and just grabbed medical supplies from their house. That's it...

They didn't BUY medical supplies, medical clothing, including hats, arm bands, shirts, fire extinguishers, loud speakers, mace, tasers, knives, video surveillance, water, blankets, flairs, ice packs, masks, covid gowns, there's probably a dozen or so logical things to bring to volunteer DIY defend a business.

The medical people at CHOP/CHAZ had tents and a lot more items and medical attire. Way more prepared to provide medical assistance. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have under the table unpaid armed security at your business. This was actually brought up against the Car Shop people during trial, letting them know they could get sued if any violence happened on their property caused or inflicted by the armed men.

The whole behavior of that entourage is a joke and scary....but because of far right, white nationalist political propaganda, a huge percentage of people are in support of that entourage that night, even the Kenosha police, and clearly the judge!

To legally call in unregulated militias, the President of the USA has to do that legally, and go through the legal process to do that, and the those unregulated militias are under direct command of the President, and if they fail to do that, there are criminal penalties.

Even though that's exactly what they were and are. Which is a direct threat to people who were there that night in Kenosha. Ryan Balch is a boogaloo boi and a neo Nazi according to various news sources on him, if you care to look him up. Besides boogaloo bois, the Kenosha Guard militia was also there in that group.

It's just been impossible for the Prosecutor to get the witnesses to just come out and say it, they were there to have conflict with protestors, but because of the strong political support, the witnesses can just repeat the click bait phrases and far right talking points as their argument.

Which is why I think the Prosecutor has a chance to get some conviction during the closing arguments or statements to the jury. He can make his case without the white nationalist propaganda coming from the defense.

The other major BS is Kyle's claim to provide medical support while not wearing a mask. EMT during the pandemic has been wearing an outfit that looks straight out of the movie Outbreak.

The whole thing is insanely stupid and the epitome of white supremacy. That's why nobody really cares about this outside of white supremacists.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

The whole thing is insanely stupid and the epitome of white supremacy. That's why nobody really cares about this outside of white supremacists.

The ignorance on display is exactly the same ignorance that will turn into violence after KR walks.

Racists like you are likely to achieve Darwin awards similarly to the racist Rosenbaum because you believe in some sort of self ascribed righteous superiority and mandate.

Meanwhile, in reality, anyone with a pair of braincells has the capacity to see right through your delusion.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You need to look up white fragility, you definitely have it.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm not making anything up. My example was in reference to poster Bluetone's citation of a legal deffinition of "self defense".

You are making things up when you take something that happens in one state and transplant it to another state without doing a modicum of referencing state laws.

The only difference between Rittenhouse and the shoplifter, is that the shoplifter only stole some stuff, while Kyle Rittenhouse had just shot and killed a man

If you think that’s the only difference that’s fine. It’s a willfully ignorant opinion but that’s fine.

Rittenhouse was, for all intents and purposes, an active shooter

An active shooter is a person who is actively shooting. It’s in the name. A person who shoots somebody and runs away isn’t an active shooter.

They were just as justified in trying to stop/aprehend Rittenhouse as those victims of my shoplifter's real life example were.

What statute grants them that justification? Please and thanks.

As far as your "hearsay" argument, that the other two victims didn't see the shooting, so they didn't have the right to try to apprehend Rittenhouuse, doesn''t hold water.

Since you’re claiming they had the justification to apprehend him, what requirements need to be satisfied and under what circumstances in order to effect a citizens arrest absolutely “hold water.”

You’re trying to argue points of law while at the same time not knowing what the law is to begin with and presenting your entirely uninformed opinion of events as being established case law. That’s not how criminal trials work.
edit on 11-11-2021 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No need, I'm familiar with propaganda.

Are you actively trying to not be racist?

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

They tried to stop him, disarm him, knock him out, maybe shoot him. But Bicep Boy didn't have it in him to pull the trigger.

The problem is, they attempted to do this after a legitimate instance of self defense. If they had shot Rittenhouse dead, they could've tried making the same argument KR is using now, that subjectively, they feared for their lives or the lives of another person. Subjectively, KR feared for his life and used deadly force. Since KR is the person on trial, your argument doesn't actually make sense.

We get it, you think lynching KR was a perfectly acceptable response to him defending himself against Rosenbaum.

Had they succeeded, I believe they would have been able to use the cited legal deffinition of self defense.

Succeeded at what? You can't succeed at something you never tried to do. The fact is they did not attempt to arrest KR, nor has anyone alleged this. So what point are you actually trying to make here? The hypotheticals are just like the slanderous claims against KR, they are meant to muddy the waters and prevent objective reasoning.
edit on 11/11/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
By the way, this man Rosenbaum the left is bending over backwards to defend had 11 counts of sexual assault and rape against him. Including at least one instance where he attempted to rape and forcibly penetrate a young male.

Lets remember that. They not only equate unhinged rioters/arsonists with good folks trying to defend their community, but have done some serious mental gymnastics to pretend Rosenbaum was just a poor innocent victim when he was in fact the aggressor.

He was the bad guy.

The individuals lynching KR are also bad guys.

The unindicted attackers are also bad guys.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

It's just been impossible for the Prosecutor to get the witnesses to just come out and say it, they were there to have conflict with protestors, but because of the strong political support, the witnesses can just repeat the click bait phrases and far right talking points as their argument.

It doesn't matter if they were there expecting conflict. If the reason was to protect persons and property from others who are there to find conflict.

They weren't "licensed security". So were the aggressors were "licensed" rioters?

2020 riots showed America, in the clearest way possible, that we need a legal framework for citizens to protect their property when the police are overwhelmed.

Until rioting ceases to be dangerous to its victims, there is no reason anyone should try to make it safe for the rioters.

Which is why I think the Prosecutor has a chance to get some conviction during the closing arguments or statements to the jury. He can make his case without the white nationalist propaganda coming from the defense.

The other major BS is Kyle's claim to provide medical support while not wearing a mask. EMT during the pandemic has been wearing an outfit that looks straight out of the movie Outbreak.

It's not white supremacy to disregard covid rules. Much of the country is not math illiterate, and therefore doesn't have a hard time looking at the statistics and seeing how not-really-very-lethal covid is.

If you're math illiterate, then throwing any number that's too high to count will impress you. 200,000 dead!!! 400,000 dead!!!!

50% of whom had heart disease. And heart disease killed 600,000 Americans in 2019.

If I had statistics on who masturbates and who doesn't, I could probably make masturbation sound lethal using that trick.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just think this Binger guy should be disbarred. This dude is hands down the worst lawyer i’ve ever seen, real or fictional.

This idiot couldn’t convict the Devil himself. If he was your defence for unpaid parking fines he’d get you the death penalty.

Lionel Hutz would mop the floor with this guy. How he ever got to be Assistant District Attorney is frankly astonishing to me and a damning indictment of the American legal system.

His perfomance is so poor i don’t think this is some stupid game to throw the case or get a mistrial, it’s just total, absolute criminal incompetence.

Mind you it has made for a very entertaining court case. Fake experts, witness intimidation, gross attorney misconduct? Repeated constitutional violations? This trial has everything!

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: neutronflux

If “ Skateboard Guy and Bicep Boy”, cared then they should have done something when the first guy that was shot made the threat he was going to f!ck’n kill Rittenhouse.

Neither of them were privy to that exchange. They were, according to Shamrock6, informed by shouts of "Hey! Stop that guy! He just shot and killed a guy!"

So, in your mind, having not even having seen the act..blast away..good enough..I doubt it.

Did they have the wrong guy? Nope. And, Rittenhouse was the only one "blasting away". He shot 3 people, killing two of them.

This isn't about my mind. Its about what was in the minds of those involved. Bicep Boy testified that, in his mind, Rittenhouse just murdered someone, and saw him as an active shooter. The judge told the jury to disregard the allegation of "murder", because that's for them to decide.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

No, he was not. There were plenty of others wantonly and negligently discharging firearms for reasons other than the law permits.

Did they have the wrong guy? Nope. And, Rittenhouse was the only one "blasting away". He shot 3 people, killing two of them.

In self defense, which nullifies that statement. It is irrelevant that he shot or killed anybody. What is relevant is whether or not those shootings were legally justifiable.

You are clearly frustrated. A lack of understanding about the law or how the courts work will do that.

Bicep Boy testified that, in his mind, Rittenhouse just murdered someone, and saw him as an active shooter.

And if Grosskreutz would have shot KR dead on the spot, he could have made the exact same argument KR is making now. However, since it turned out KR was fleeing from a legitimate instance of self defense, it is unlikely he would've succeeded in this argument.

The whole incident is on video. You can't twist and distort this one.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Bicep Boy testified that, in his mind, Rittenhouse just murdered someone, and saw him as an active shooter.

Well. He made a mistake. And that doesn’t give him the right to stop/interfere Rittenhouse from protecting himself.

And I think there is beyond reasonable doubt Gaige Grosskreutz had no desire to apprehend Rittenhouse out any sense of justice. But out of violence. What cops were the rioters going to call……

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The part of it that's so mind boggling scary and depressing is how many people, which is a lot, that think volunteer DIY defending of buildings with only AR-15's is acceptable.

Vs all of what was going on, and had gone on? was that acceptable? I'm calling it even.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The clowns who got shot, must have gotten their legal advice from the same place that some of the people here got theirs.

Forget what you have seen on television and heard from the MSM. You HAVE NO OBLIGATION to apprehend someone committing a crime. You are especially stupid if the person you are trying to apprehend is armed. I don't care what their objectives were, once they advanced on Rittenhouse, in one case assaulting him and in the other pulling a weapon, they were the attacker. If the guy who got shot in the arm would have fled and Rittenhouse had chased him, he would have been justified in shooting Rittenhouse. I spent two days every six months being lectured on the laws governing the carrying of weapons when I worked armed security. I'll let you in on a secret. An armed guard has no more authority or protection under the law than an ordinary person. You are there as a deterrent. That's it.

Maybe I shouldn't say this so forcefully, hell the DA and ADA prosecuting this case don't know the law either.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join