It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Wins Best City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com... Ud_KF3Z9N87MM

According to a Twitter poll that took on a life of it's own, Milwaukee has been crowned the best city in the U.S. Out of 11,994 votes, Milwaukee received 70.4 percent of the final round votes to earn the title.

OK it was a Twitter poll, but you know what that means real people were voting.

When I first moved to this area I had to drive through Milwaukee and I literally cried. It was one of the scariest, most depressing looking concrete jungles I've ever seen. I had a huge lump in my throat and I wanted to tell my husband we made a massive mistake. The only mistake would have been not giving this place a shot.

Flash forward a decade or so. I think Milwaukee is one of the coolest under rated cities out there! There is an amazing art scene, food scene, sports scene.
It is gritty, it is real. There is really something for everyone without the overwhelmingness of a larger city. The very few homeless people we have are actually nice. The architecture is really unique. Such a blend of old and new.
The traffic is awesome. Booze and food and parking are still cheap (slowly changing). People here are chill and believe it or not we actually get along most of the time. What you see is what you get here. When I lived in other places like Florida, or Colorado, or New York, or Illinois, or Seattle, I never felt people were genuine (as a whole). I always felt people were creating an image, not to put people in those places down as they have their own benefits, just to say I def got a different vibe there. I have never once felt that way about Milwaukee. They will dress like they want, they will eat what they want, drink what they want and they don't care if you like it or not.

Some places I would highly recommend if checking out Milwaukee:

The Iron Horse. Man this place is such a cool hotel, it will make you feel cool just for being there. The restaurant is great too.
The Pfister Hotel. Want paranormal, this place will give you paranormal. This place is actually haunted, seriously 100% haunted. It is also drop dead gorgeous.
The Fiserv Forum. What a cool sports arena, nice and new and bathrooms you won't be scared to use.
Boerner Gardens. You wouldn't believe you're in Milwaukee, this place is like Paradise
Sanford Restaurant. This place is FAnCeeeee! Food is amazing.
Pabst Mansion. For those that like architecture and antiques, this place is amazing, also 100% haunted!
Milwaukee Public Museum. This place is really weird after visiting "real" museums like the Smithsonians or the ones in Chicago. It still pretty fun.
Bronze Fonz! If you are old enough to remember Happy Days your visit wouldn't be complete without visiting the Bronze Fonz. It's kinda in a weird place by the river and apartments but a good photo shoot I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like Dominion ran this election.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I really like Milwaukee. Beautiful city. Great restaurants.

My wife and I go there a couple of times a year for weekend getaways since it is so close to Chicago.

We've stayed at Iron Horse. Also the Pabst Hotel. Harley Davidson museum. Great art and children's museum on lake. Love the Third Ward.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I really like Milwaukee. Beautiful city. Great restaurants.

My wife and I go there a couple of times a year for weekend getaways since it is so close to Chicago.

We've stayed at Iron Horse. Also the Pabst Hotel. Harley Davidson museum. Great art and children's museum on lake. Love the Third Ward.

Pabst isn't a hotel, do you mean the Pfister?
If so, did you think it was creepy?

Oh yes the Third Ward! Isn't it just cool. I will say that is one place where Seattle does beat out, I like the Seattle Public market better, but maybe not for long!
edit on 8-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It is called brewhouse inn. Used to be a pabst brewery. Sits up on a hill over looking city. They still have some huge pabst sign on hotel.

Wasnt aware of pfister hotem. Will have ti check it out.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dare I say, the best cities in America are likely the ones Twitter knows next to nothing about. Quiet, civilized, non partisan, self contained economy, neighborly law enforcement, nonexistent regulations, all the privacy and independence you could ask for. The kind of place you find by accident and would have some trouble locating on a map once you leave.

Of course, it could also be the inspiration for a horror film if you get stranded after dark, so there's that.

edit on 8-11-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sometimes smaller cities are better as they are more accessible. New York is great but I'd never want to live there.

People don't think of Milwaukee as a great city, but it really is a nice town. Another favorite of mine is Kansas City, MO.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Another favorite of mine is Kansas City, MO.

Yes totally agree, and great food too! Also a super nice zoo!

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Milwaukee?.....Best city in the USA?......How did they find anyone to vote for Milwaukee?

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You know why Milwaukee doesn't have a football team?

Because Green Bay would want one too.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

OK it was a Twitter poll, but you know what that means real people were voting.

As far as I got.
That is a penultimate oxymoron

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It is called brewhouse inn. Used to be a pabst brewery. Sits up on a hill over looking city. They still have some huge pabst sign on hotel.

Wasnt aware of pfister hotem. Will have ti check it out.

Ok, there is an actual Pabst House too, it's amazing.

new topics

top topics

join