It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland Bus Hijacked And Set On Fire Near Loyalist Estate On The Outskirts Of Belfast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

The Republic of Ireland (i.e. the country/"southern ireland"/tri-colour flag) gained independence from the United Kingdom (i.e. the Queen/union jack flag) after the war of independence between 1919-1921. The IRA (Irish Republican Army) fought against the British Army.

Honestly, the topic is incredibly nuanced and you're better off cracking a history textbook rather than listening to some bozo on a conspiracy forum

All of history is incredibly nuanced. Add in the problem of the history books being written by the victors, and then rewritten by the prevailing political winds over time, cracking books is maybe good for background, but the meat I like to chew is that closest to the bone. The people that live with the history directly today. Isnt that what matters anyway?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Terrorism sucks. For everyone. It breaks my heart every single time it occurs. Im grateful to have not been directly effected by it. The US is blessed in that its not a daily or monthly or even yearly event.

The 70%….
Is that a poll or a vote, post Brexit?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Just according to a to a 2015 opinion poll.

en.wikipedia.org...

Make from it what you will.

We don't have daily or monthly terrorist events nether, at least from my perspective.

As to the US being blessed, aye i suppose it is, then again there are plenty of people that unfortunately are getting shot near enough everyday of the week if the news is accurate, so there is that.

Depends how one defines terrorism i suppose.

edit on 9-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You list many historic and ancient empires, long over, as if that justifies a monarchy and an empire today.

The Monarchy has no power at all nowadays. not sure how much influence they have behind the scenes.
If they ever directly interfere with the governing of this country then I suspect that would be the end of them - we've done it before.

The British Empire ceased to exist a long time ago.....yet the dislike remains.

My point was that ALL Empires are built on conquest and subjugation.

What do the people in Northern Ireland think?

There's been no referendum - which normally only occur when there is an indication of large, wholescale support - but all Opinion Polls put support for the UK at around 70% I think it is.
Obviously it fluctuates.
Support had been growing in traditional Republican communities.

All my friends and associates in Northern Ireland - many from those Republican communities and are sick to death of the Terrorists, Paramilitaries, gangsters and shysters on both sides - indicate to me that despite Brexit support for the UK is as strong as ever.

As for Brexit; the British people voted to join a Free Trade Association, not a political union.
No bloodshed required, if it wasn't for politicians it really would be done all quite amicably.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just according to a to a 2015 opinion poll.

en.wikipedia.org...

Make from it what you will.

We don't have daily or monthly terrorist events nether, at least from my perspective.

As to the US being blessed, aye i suppose it is, then again there are plenty of people that unfortunately are getting shot near enough everyday of the week if the news is accurate, so there is that.

Depends how one defines terrorism i suppose.

terrorism is political violence by proper definition so the BLM riots would be properly called terrorism

the people getting shot are mostly all of one type … criminals fighting over territory in organized crime

looting has been a problem all over the US, one could say opportunism
over terrorism

the random school shooties are pharmacological, psych drugs and thug culture on after school TV

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is an interesting read BrujaRebooted.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Im not going to tell you not to have guns BrujaRebooted(3 for every person in the USA) for the same reason i would not touch nor harbour any sorts of real opinion on a united Ireland if im honest.

See its a trap, as you well know, and will only ever end in a difference of opinion.

Suffice to say all the same, a lot of our kids suffer from drug issues and the majority of such seem to be able to restrain said alleged pharmacological urge to shoot up their place of learning(there have been incidents all the same), so i suppose i will call BS on that last point if you dont mind.
edit on 9-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I clearly said psych drugs. You know, treatments for depression, ADHD, bad attitude, squirminess, etc.

You want to rethink your BS call? Our worst shooters had psych issues. And then they passed privacy laws so that he media cant report on the pharmachological posture of the shooters anymore. Convenient, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ah sorry my bad, plenty of kids over here also on prescription medications, the majority of such manage to get through the day, without resorting to mass murder of there classmates and friends.

The fact that you have a group to pick from and attach labels to sounds problematic imho.

I thought the majority of the fools who decide to commit such atrocities done so because the were picked on or did not feel special enough to be honest.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

When I was in school in the wild redneck west, kids brought hunting rifles to school in their gun racks in their trucks in the parking lots. Many went hunting for quail, deer, rabit and coyote bounty right after school. Nobody ever shot any of their classmates, or even talked about doing something like that. . Kids have been picked on since time began. Whats different now is the abundance of psych meds and lack of healthy activity. Thug culture contributes as well, which I noticed missing from my recent trip over there. I hate seeing it everywhere here. Its done nothing positive for society in any way.

Which group do you feel like I put all the blame on? We have statistics that show where the problems are. I dont believe in pretending.
edit on 11/9/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   

When i was at school kids did not have trucks, gun racks, or rifles BrujaRebooted.

I loved my childhood if I'm honest and i did not require guns or hunting to do so.

Unless it was each other we were hunting. LoL

I presented you with the statistics, they are all in that link.

As to who's to blame, that would be the people that pull the trigger i imagine, no matter who they are.

We seem to be drifting off the topic of Northern Ireland all the same.
edit on 10-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

When i was at school kids did not have trucks, gun racks, or rifles BrujaRebooted.

I loved my childhood if I'm honest and i did not require guns or hunting to do so.

Unless it was each other we were hunting. LoL

I presented you with the statistics, they are all in that link.

As to who's to blame, that would be the people that pull the trigger i imagine, no matter who they are.

We seem to be drifting off the topic of Northern Ireland all the same.

Yeah, you miss my points and go high and wide anyway. Mostly you just want to bash the US.

Tell me, would you lot across the pond ever have a non-white monarch? If not, you have no business bashing the US over white nationalism, eh uh, ‘supremacy’. You should change your avatar, hypocrite.

For the record, Im not a gun nut, dont even own one, but my father did. And I went hunting with him, while Ive never shot an animal myself. Its not gun ownership causing the problems. There werent school shootingsbsck then. What changed? The preponderance of shootings in the US are organized crime, thug culture, and the majority of school shooters were on psych meds. I suspect that video games helped their aim.
edit on 11/10/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So people who don't share the same rhetoric as yourself are bashing the US?

That old chestnut. LoL

Its not always about the USA BrujaRebooted.

Ive provided you with the statistics, don't shoot the messenger.

As to monarchs i would be happy with no monarch at all if I'm honest.

3 guns to every person has got to be considered an issue, again through, nothing to do with Northern Ireland(gave theirs up, or more lightly buried them), busses, borders or Brexit, and unless they are using light-guns or the like i cant see how video games would have helped their aim much.
edit on 10-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

They've voted on such in the past although a Irish union vote is written into British law via the good Friday agreement apparently, I'd assume that includes leaving the UK, they've got their own assembly and they make their own laws.

Our monarchy is a figure head, the keepers of the keys. They have no right to open any door... So to speak. As for Empire you'll find we gave that up with the creation of the commonwealth.

British genetic history goes back 1000's of years before the Romans and they weren't the first visitors to these shores.

Do you know how many Thompson's their is in the North of England? Might as well be Scottish round these parts!

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Right, the British genetic history is basically white people. A huge mix. The Isles have been fought over by damn near everyone north of the med and even then some. Romans, Vikings, Normans, Saxons, on and on….

Im just fed up with American white people being called racist by British white people. Its laughable.

BTw: our figureheads are statues that are getting torn down. You lot have a living breathing symbol, just saying…..

edit on 11/15/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Im just fed up with American white people being called racist by British white people.

If you're so 'fed up' with it perhaps you could share some examples with us?

Most British people - white/non-White - are just that busy with trying to get on with their lives that racism in the US is nothing but a cursory concern at most.
And I'm absolutely certain that exactly the same could be said with regards US attitudes to racism here in the UK.

Its laughable

Racism is anything but 'laughable',,,,,whatever form it takes.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Im just fed up with American white people being called racist by British white people.

If you're so 'fed up' with it perhaps you could share some examples with us?

Most British people - white/non-White - are just that busy with trying to get on with their lives that racism in the US is nothing but a cursory concern at most.
And I'm absolutely certain that exactly the same could be said with regards US attitudes to racism here in the UK.

Its laughable

Racism is anything but 'laughable',,,,,whatever form it takes.

Im not naming names, but from the avatar of a poster here, is quite apparent. And in conversation, yes, to some members of the commonwealth, seems to be quite a concern. Invariably when Im on social media, attacks on white ‘supremacy’ in the US, turns out to be a member of the commonwealth.

Its not racism that is laughable, its that a member of the commonwealth wants to smear the US with the derogatory. But you knew that….

edit on 11/16/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Stats from the beeb? lol

Like I said, I dont own a gun, so someone else must have six. I dont fear getting shot. I dont live in an inner city. I dont deal drugs or gangbang. Like I said, thug culture is responsible for most of the gun violence. School shooters? Glorification in popular music and video games adds to the problem. Fueled frequently by mind altering pharmaceuticals and often other drugs.

Gun problem in the US is not redneck white supremacists, regardless of your beeb fed fantasies.

Frequently, a gun saves someone from a serious crime being committed by a thug.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Still off topic and all about the USA which has little to nothing to do with the subject of the thread nor Northern Ireland.

They have issues granted, the BBC, but plenty of other places offering up the same to similar numbers and statistics.

So now it's music and video games that's the problem?

Put it this way BrujaRebooted, you are better off burning the guns and leaving the books alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join