It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland Bus Hijacked And Set On Fire Near Loyalist Estate On The Outskirts Of Belfast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Glad your nephew is ok.

It's shocking, as to regular, looks like its the fourth attack this year.

edit on 9-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There's great irony in a forum of americans calling Irish republicans "terrorists." I think it's time to brush up on "the troubles" and deny a bit of ignorance!

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

Sorry pal i thought you would understand that the "loyalists" would be "loyal" to the UK.

Whereas the republicans wish to see independent Ireland.

Like i suggest all the same none of the above wish to see a hard border that will split the nation and cause endless problems that can somewhat materialise in to full blown riots at the drop of a hat should ether side fell the need to display a show of force.

I guess i would be a republican, as I tend to be a nationalist here in the US.

I know there is bad blood between England and Ireland. The whole concept of British Empire leaves me aggravated in that much of Obama’s racism is toward The British Empire, of which his daddy from Kenya was a subject of. He took that hatred out on the US and is exactly why we have a Natural Born requirement for our POTUS, that was thrown out by our mush brain liberals.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Seems like the simple solution would be to return the rest of the island back to the Republic of Ireland. The days of the Empire should be done.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

I just returned from Dublin and the South to Kinsale. Fell in love. Considering spending an extended amount of time there. I wanted to get my terms straight. For example, the liberals here are quite tyrannical. Labels can be deceiving.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ireland is truly beautiful! Did you also visit Northern Ireland/Belfast? The entire Island is spectacular, and the people are so incredibly friendly and welcoming. I stayed in Cobh when I was passing through Co. Cork, on the way to the ring of kerry and beyond.

I think even the Irish republicans would be considered liberal from an american perspective. Generally tyranny comes from the wealthy/ruling class.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I guess i would be a republican, as I tend to be a nationalist here in the US.

With all due respect, do you know much about The Troubles, UK Constitution and the historical link between the UK and Ireland?

I know there is bad blood between England and Ireland.

There is also much 'good blood' between the two.
But all people hear about is the 'bad blood'.
Ireland and the UK are linked in such a way that its hard for people not from either to fully understand.

Many Irish nationals live in the UK.
There are literally millions of Brits with some sort of Irish heritage.
Three of my Grandparents were Irish Catholics from the South, the parents of the one who wasn't were Irish.

I am as English and British as you can get and am very proud of both.
But I also have a connection with my Irish roots.

The whole concept of British Empire leaves me aggravated.....

Is that dislike reserved for The British?
What about The Spanish and French Empires?
What about the Aztec, Mayan, Inca empires?
Chinese Empire?
Roman and Greek Empires.

Empire building isn't a European concept.
Persian Empire.
Egyptian Empire.
Sassanids.
Mongols.

The list is endless.
You speak of Obama.
Do you know how many Empires there have been throughout African history?
Hundreds.

All those Empire's were built on conquest and subjugation.

Yet people's ire seems directed solely at The Brits.

As Andy quite rightly pointed out, the last thing anyone needs is a return to The Troubles.
Those #ing morons in the UK government and the EU need to stop playing silly buggers and get this sorted as a matter of urgent priority.

Johnson seems to be engaging in Dick-Waiving.
The EU seems consumed with a burning desire to punish the UK for having the temerity to exercise their Right to Self-Determination.

They need to start putting the people first and what THEY want and stop playing their juvenile schoolyard games.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Good luck with that. LoL

I don't think they need your support all the same unless you are looking to add fuel to a fire that has been burning since 1692 or there about.

Leave them alone to play nice while they are doing so would be my advice there.

Because we don't want the IRA and UDA blowing the crap out of one another and innocent civilians in the process ta very much.

We seen the 70/80s and it was not very nice, bombs going off everywhere, people getting blown apart, so you might wish to read up on the troubles.
edit on 9-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Seems like the simple solution would be to return the rest of the island back to the Republic of Ireland. The days of the Empire should be done.

The problem with that is that the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

And as long as that is the case they will remain in the UK.

Prior to the pandemic support for the UK was even growing in traditional Republican areas of Ulster as children brought up during the peace process reached adulthood.

The people who carry out these attacks are a very small minority.....but they have genuine and valid concerns about a potential hard border, something no-one in The Republic or the UK wants.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

By that premise, do you believe that North America should be given back to The Native Indians ?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

Ireland is truly beautiful! Did you also visit Northern Ireland/Belfast? The entire Island is spectacular, and the people are so incredibly friendly and welcoming. I stayed in Cobh when I was passing through Co. Cork, on the way to the ring of kerry and beyond.

I think even the Irish republicans would be considered liberal from an american perspective. Generally tyranny comes from the wealthy/ruling class.

I passed thru Cobh, the entire south is a dreamland. The people are amazing. Such good cheer. I found when I landed in Dublin, I had to mellow out as my vibe was too impatient for the local pace and temperament. One I meshed, I found a level of relaxation I havent felt in years in the US. Which was immediately noticeable upon return to the states. Thug culture, and smog. I knew that instant, I hope to leave the US.

Id be deliriously happy with a cottage and a pottery anywhere in the South. Weather is a concern, I dont like the cold. Im going to go again when its warmer to Northern Ireland, where some of my people hail from.

Interesting that everywhere you look, you see beautiful churches and cathedrals. People seem far more religious. Maybe they are all just museums now, but I saw that many still do mass.

I was surprised to learn that there hasnt been an Irish monarchy in hundreds of years. My understanding is that the last two contenders for the crown killed each other and that was that. Would that be an accurate simplification?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I grew up in the era of the flower children, Im quite aware of The Troubles. Having our own peace demonstrations and Viet Nam, I certainly was no expert, but it was spun here as a religious difference. The focus was on that more than it was about British Imperialism.

Have the British subjects living in Northern Ireland been given a vote to determine where they end up in the EU vs Brexit situation?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Im an American mutt. Youve described my ancestry (a jumbled up mix of English, Scotts Irish, Scandinavian) white people from that part of the world, going back to at least the 17th century. When the famine brought relatives to the US where they were not welcome so much in the East, they headed out west and took wives from the Native American and Mestizo populations. So there are lots of people in the American SW with the same genetic roots as you, but with the addition of blood from the nearly genocided Native people left now with as little as 1/8th entitled to tribal rights in the US. Dont get me started on how the Native population has been treated by the Spanish in Mexico, until this day.

You list many historic and ancient empires, long over, as if that justifies a monarchy and an empire today.

What do the people in Northern Ireland think? Has it been put to a vote since the Brexit situation is making things weird for them?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The problem with that is that the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

And as long as that is the case they will remain in the UK.

Prior to the pandemic support for the UK was even growing in traditional Republican areas of Ulster as children brought up during the peace process reached adulthood.

The people who carry out these attacks are a very small minority.....but they have genuine and valid concerns about a potential hard border, something no-one in The Republic or the UK wants.

Brexit may change things, more than the pandemic did.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

By that premise, do you believe that North America should be given back to The Native Indians ?

There are hardly any Native Americans left in the US. In some tribes, the percentage of NA blood is down to 1/8th. My mother could have tribal rights, but not I, yet. So I guess yeah, close enough they probably wouldnt kick me out.

We are talking about an area 1/5 of the Island, that will soon find itself awkwardly situated with regard to laws and currency.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In the 70's all Ireland we're killing each other.Was sad then
And sad now.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It was easier to manage for everyone involved when it was all the EU. But ya’ll brits want to be independent again, so the applecart has been upset.

I kind of see it like if one of the states in the US lost counties to another state, which might be fine, without a lasting fight, until that other state secededs from the Union. Then there would be bloodshead.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
In the 70's all Ireland we're killing each other.Was sad then
And sad now.

My understanding is the Emerald Island has been fought over for thousands of years. Must be the weather.

Sad then, sad now.

edit: love love your avatar!
edit on 11/9/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The Republic of Ireland (i.e. the country/"southern ireland"/tri-colour flag) gained independence from the United Kingdom (i.e. the Queen/union jack flag) after the war of independence between 1919-1921. The IRA (Irish Republican Army) fought against the British Army.

Honestly, the topic is incredibly nuanced and you're better off cracking a history textbook rather than listening to some bozo on a conspiracy forum

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The reality was somewhat of a different experience if family members are to be believed.

Religious difference aye that's one way of putting it.

People blowing and burning the hell out of one another down to hatred and stupidity in spades. Soldiers, men, woman, children, and entire families lives destroyed would be another.

You think ISIS and Al Qaeda don't like you or harbour a grudge?

The have nothing on that mob when they get started and that's on both sides of the fence.

Northern Ireland wants to be part of the UK or at least 70% of the people there expressed "a long-term preference of the maintenance of Northern Ireland's membership of the United Kingdom".

So there is that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join