It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About My Username for Mods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello mods. I'm on mobile and can't seem to find the member list, plus I don't know if there are specific mods to address my question to.

I'm wondering if there is a way to slightly alter my username on the back end of things?

It's pretty straightforward. I no longer wish to have 'Beer' in my name. I want to change that last part to something else. Hell, even just WakeUp would be fine.

I've given up the booze, you see. Or at least, doing my hardest to (it's only been a week so far). I've been letting it screw my life up for too long now...

Anyway, thank you. Regardless of the answer.

edit on 11-7-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: typos

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Hello mods. I'm on mobile and can't seem to find the member list, plus I don't know if there are specific mods to address my question to.

I'm wondering if there is a way to slightly alter my username on the back end of things?

It's pretty straightforward. I no longer wish to have 'Beer' in my name. I want to change that last part to something else. Hell, even just WakeUp would be fine.

I've given up the booze, you see. Or at least, doing my hardest to (it's only been a week so far). I've been letting it screw my life up for too long now...

Anyway, thank you. Regardless of the answer.

Good luck brother, it's a tough thing to conquer an addiction, but you can do it, it's a very freeing thing to accomplish. And if you slip up, just dust yourself off and forge ahead.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Congrats on getting sober and good luck sticking through it.

Pretty sure they can ban this account and you just have to create a new one. That used to be the only way.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Congratulations on the sobriety!!

However, there is no current way to alter a username once it has been created in the system.

Your only option is to register with another name, then notify us and we will suspend this one.

Sorry...

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ah, that's too bad it can't be changed but as to quitting drinking, you can do it!

As Vonclod said, go easy on yourself. Things can even be bad habits at first. I quit drinking for a solid two years (now can have a drink once in awhile) and that beginning was very odd as sometimes a buddy would just walk in, crack a beer, hand it to me and before I could even remember I was trying to quit I'd find myself about halfway through that beer. Made it really hard to decide what to do so I'd just figure on trying again tomorrow. Problem is, tomorrow would be the same until I figured out what was habitual. That helped quite a lot and, for me, not hanging out with daily drinkers made it easier.

You've made the first step, the decision. Work out the kinks that could trip you up, be kind to yourself and once you find yourself feeling healthy and revitalized the rest goes smoother.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Congrats and good luck with keeping sober. I've also given up alcohol after binging so much last year.

edit on 7 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the support. I'm on my last leg though. If I don't do this now, I'm going to lose people very near and dear to me.. if it isn't too late already. Extra crappy because I'm away from them for two more weeks...and yeah.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Stopping drinking becomes a way of life ... Ive been sober 20 years.. theren is no magic wand though.
Just dont drink and change your way of thinking accordingly.
Best of luck and you can do even if you screw up ... just start again.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Since you can't change your name without starting over,
just try to ignore the beer part and move on.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Since you can't change your name without starting over,
just try to ignore the beer part and move on.

Quitting the demon drink is the most important thing, forget your screen name. I too have quit the daily grind of alcohol. Be well.

new topics

top topics

join