It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victims injured during deadly crowd surge at Astroworld Festival in TX as young as 10,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't usually post in this forum, but I find so much that is being reported, brings so many questions to the table.

I have heard of injuries at a concert before, but I have never heard of these number of injuries and hospitalized, with these kind of injuries.

It makes a person think what made this concert different.

edit on 6-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

The chaos unfolded Friday evening at Astroworld, a sold-out, two-day event at the NRG Park stadium. An estimated 50,000 people were in attendance. It was not clear what set the crowd in motion. "The crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage, and that caused some panic, and it started causing some injuries," Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña told a news conference. "People began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic." Seventeen people were taken to hospitals, including 11 who were in cardiac arrest, Peña said, and "scores of individuals" were injured.

abc7.com...

From what they are reporting is that this was a concert for teens and young adults.

I have never heard of this many cardiac arrests at any concert. I find it extremely concerning that the number of cardiac arrest would be this high among young people.
edit on 6-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted early.

edit on 6-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Having trouble formatting

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The 10 year wasn't trampled but beaten to death by the crowd. why? One of the rappers dove in to the crowd then accused the kid of "stealing his shoe" and repeated several times to the crowd "F him up!" He may have lost the shoe stage diving or kicked the kid in the face who knows? Regardless he got his shoe back and his inciting the crowd was far worse than anything that happened on Jan 6. Bet he isn't even charged. Ridiculous.

ETA: 10 or more people were trampled in the crush to get in but the show went on even as they were giving CPR to these poor kids. Security and crowd control were insufficient leading to this disaster. Add to this the excitement of kids who haven't been able to attend anything for months or over a year.

ETA 2: apparently the shoe incident happened several years ago. I saw the video on another site claiming it was contemporaneous. He was not charged.
edit on 6-11-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The world is changing.

You sense it too? People by and large seem to be less sensitive, more and more people. Maybe even me, too.

Whenever I go shopping for my mom (she's really old and I do the grocery shopping for her), she really likes this one type of spray oil and it's really sparse, so whenever there's any on the shelf... if there's not a lot I will take all of them, and I don't leave any left. I always think, "should I leave one for somebody?" But I never do.

To me there is really this giant shift going on, starting with the pandemic maybe, triggering people to be more selfish and self-centered.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have never heard of this many cardiac arrests at any concert. I find it extremely concerning that the number of cardiac arrest would be this high among young people.

This is Bizarre, The Hillsborough Disaster is kind of similar, 96 People Died in a Surge Crush - Not a Single Person Died from Cardiac Arrest. All but Two died from "Compression Asphyxia".

Hillsborough Disaster Deaths

edit on 6-11-2021 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

There's a long running philosophical debate on the nature of self vs collective

Obviously a happy medium exists and is ultimately beneficial to both.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
crowd dynamics, the domino principle and general human nature in a panic situation are why i NEVER put myself in the midst of a throng of any kind. i always felt uncomfortable in such circumstances.
edit on 6 11 2021 by RoScoLaz5 because: remove superfluous comma

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah that makes sense... a happy medium. I think that's what I've been looking for really, and trying to achieve, in my own personal life.

The OP is now focused on the type of injury, pointing towards (I suspect) vaccinations being the cause of cardiac arrest in younger people. But I still think this underlying shift in the world (more self vs collective) is really the root of it all.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

The state of the world in a nutshell.

Choose A or B.

No other options or choices. Hating one is also a choice for the other. No grey area.

Choose wisely!

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well that video explained why I had never heard of him before.

The title is mild for what I saw. I don't know what parent would allow their children to listen to this filth, but more important is why the media is publishing, distributing, and promoting this kind of filth.

There was not one thing I saw in that video, anyone would want their children to see or emulate. A society that embraces this behavior, is the same society that would promote situations that would cause 11 young people to experience cardiac arrests at a concert.

Something is truly off. Off with our society, off with our minds, off with our hearts, and off with our spirits.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A little more information. Not much.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Cardiac arrest camn be caused by many things, including hypoxia:

www.bhf.org.uk...

which would be a result of crushing.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Cardiac arrest camn be caused by many things, including hypoxia:

www.bhf.org.uk...

which would be a result of crushing.

Without a doubt. That is why this is such a mystery right now.

Drugs seem to be where they are directing their attention. Under the circumstances, drugs will be the first place they will look.

It is just that I don't trust the media. If they are telling me to look up, I know to not forget to look down.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The 10 year wasn't trampled but beaten to death by the crowd. why? One of the rappers dove in to the crowd then accused the kid of "stealing his shoe" and repeated several times to the crowd "F him up!" He may have lost the shoe stage diving or kicked the kid in the face who knows? Regardless he got his shoe back and his inciting the crowd was far worse than anything that happened on Jan 6. Bet he isn't even charged. Ridiculous.

ETA: 10 or more people were trampled in the crush to get in but the show went on even as they were giving CPR to these poor kids. Security and crowd control were insufficient leading to this disaster. Add to this the excitement of kids who haven't been able to attend anything for months or over a year. Awful situation ripe for disaster.

Wow, that's not the story being told right now! I've tried to find footage of the rapper saying that but so far no luck.

If he did incite the crowd like that causing them to beat a fellow concertgoer to death he should definitely be held accountable

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The Chief Medical Officer is suggesting that the 11 cardiac arrests were due to surging of the crowd.

I don't know.... The more I hear, the more questions I have.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This type of stuff happens all the time. All it takes is people in rear pushing forward and the weight of the crowd suffocates the people in the front who have no where to escape.

The people in the rear cannot see or don't know that their pushing is causing injury to people at the front. Combine that with the loud music, darkness, and you have a recipe for disaster.

There is a video of two people trying to get some light and sound guy to stop the show but the person they are trying to talk to have no idea what is going on and just blowing them off (many of the "help" in entertainment business are not the brightest bulbs. They tend to be very bureaucratic and defer to authority positions and celebrity).

Many here may not know, but music exec / entrepreneur P. Diddy (puff daddy) or whatever he goes by these days was responsible for something similar back in the day (IRCC 1991) where 9 people died from a stampede at a concert at CUNY in New York. Same thing. The venue was over sold and something setoff a panic causing crowd to rush a door that wasn't open and it crushed people at front.

There was also an incident at a bar in NY I believe where some stage pyrotechnics set off a fire and people rushed a door jamming it up trapping people inside.

The major take away is that crowds can be dangerous. It doesn't take much to setoff a stampede and people will not know someone is being injured. Hang around large crowds at your own peril.

Individual people are smart. Crowds of people are collectively dumb.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am aware that crowds can be dangerous, when a panic ensures. I have heard of people sustaining injuries from falls, pushing, trampling, and other causes. 11 cardiac arrests as a result of traumatic injuries, is quite a high number. Especially when you look at how young they were.

You say this happens all the time, but for me it seems to be quite odd.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't find anything odd or off about this story but that doesn't mean its not a possibility which I mention at the end...

It's what happens when immense numbers of people try to move in a direction that others dont want to. Go back to the fire that occured during the Great White concert. A large % of them actually died due to the crowd surging forward trying to get out.

"Experts who have studied deaths caused by crowd surges say they are often a result of density — too many people packed into a small space. The pressure can crush victims and render them unable to breathe. The crowd is often running either away from a perceived threat or toward something they want, such as a performer, before hitting a barrier."

www.inquirer.com...

However this just did come across a news feed from TMZ which is about as reliable as 4CHAN + Reddit + GLP + BeforeItsNews so take it with a grain of salt.

"7:30 AM PT -- A source connected to Astroworld tells TMZ, someone in the crowd went crazy and began injecting people with some sort of drug, which caused panic and then a surge. The source says authorities are trying to determine if those who went into cardiac arrest were the ones injected. We're told one of those who died is a 10-year-old. The source says it appears to be a targeted attack. We have not confirmed this report, but the source is a key person involved in the festival."

www.tmz.com...
edit on 6-11-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't find anything odd or off about this story but that doesn't mean its not a possibility which I mention at the end...

11 young people are being hospitalized for cardiac arrest, is very odd to me.

I doubt there are many areas where this is a common occurrence.

Drugs are a believable explanation, but the Chief Medical Officer is leaning in another direction.

It will be interesting to see what the final report will say.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Edumakated

I am aware that crowds can be dangerous, when a panic ensures. I have heard of people sustaining injuries from falls, pushing, trampling, and other causes. 11 cardiac arrests as a result of traumatic injuries, is quite a high number. Especially when you look at how young they were.

You say this happens all the time, but for me it seems to be quite odd.

I don't know if the cardiac arrests are being used as a technical term or they really mean they died from a heart attack. I saw some article saying someone was spraying or trying to inject people prior which is what set off the crowd. It isn't clear if the deceased are people who were injected/sprayed or from the crowd pushing.

When I say all the time, I don't mean like every weekend, but you hear of these situations it seems like every year or so. I think things are different now due to social media and insta-news whereas back in the day, unless you really looked for news, you may not be aware.

This is the one in NJ I recalled in 2003. Great White was playing. Killed 100 people. The pyrotechnics started a fire. People were killed because the rush to get out resulted in a doorway getting blocked. The hallway was too narrow for the crowd of people pushing to get out.

Station Fire

This is the one P Diddy was promoting back before he was really famous.

CUNY Celeb Basketball Game

top topics

<<   2 >>

join