It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Biological, Organic Life Exist in a Universe that is Inorganic ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView
I found this a quick but interesting read. findanyanswer.com...
Talks of carbon and elements in the universe and some of their importance. It also talks of how dieing/exploding stars can create the elements for life.

edit on 6-11-2021 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThyJudgeCometh

originally posted by: Kreeate

First you'd have to define the "Universe".
In an infinite Universe everything is not just probable, but absolutely possible.

That would mean the flying "spaghetti monster" exists as well...

In an infinite Universe, sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The universe has been through different stages since it's inception so there was a period of time when stars or galaxies couldn't form.
The universe began inorganic but after time the building blocks, material needed to create life were abundant enough for life to begin.
edit on th111888 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

edit on th111988 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

Lol, typical toxic angry atheist viewpoint. I'll pray for you. :-)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It's really a meaningless question. The difference between organic and inorganic compounds is a carbon atom. There is also inorganic carbon - i.e. carbon that's tied up in compounds like CO2.

We make that distinction because life on THIS planet is carbon based. Life also requires water which is an inorganic compound.

So when you say that the universe is inorganic, that's totally wrong. Carbon is everywhere. Water is everywhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No, there is not inorganic carbon.

I say this as a Chemist who makes a living as a Scientist. CO2 is from biological interaction of plants and animals in an Oxygen atmosphere. There is no other way to obtain the initial CO2 content of the Earth without the molecule being formed from a carbon based entity consuming the carbon as some molecules such as sugar for one have caloric energy that is consumed and one O2 molecule combines with one of the spent carbon atoms from the cell functions thus creating CO2. That is released to the alveoli of the lungs in animals and released from the plants as they consume some of the carbon filled molecules for energy and some to build the plant and grow leaves.

originally posted by: Phantom423

It's really a meaningless question. The difference between organic and inorganic compounds is a carbon atom. There is also inorganic carbon - i.e. carbon that's tied up in compounds like CO2.

We make that distinction because life on THIS planet is carbon based. Life also requires water which is an inorganic compound.

So when you say that the universe is inorganic, that's totally wrong. Carbon is everywhere. Water is everywhere.

edit on 6-11-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Sorry, but you're wrong:

What Is An Inorganic Carbon Compound?
Based on what you just learned, what is an inorganic carbon compound? Well, it's a compound that is inorganic (it does not have a C-H bond anywhere to be seen) but it does contain carbon nonetheless.

By the old ways in which (in)organic compounds were distinguished, this would make no sense. It either has carbon or it doesn't! But the way the two can be defined today, it is possible for a compound to have carbon yet still be inorganic.

Examples
Some examples of inorganic carbon compounds can be found among the carbonates, compounds that contain the CO3 2- ion

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

edit on 6-11-2021 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

As I said initially, the reason we make this distinction is because life on THIS planet is carbon-based. Otherwise, it would make absolutely no difference. It's a convenience.

The key difference between inorganic and organic carbon is that the inorganic carbon is the carbon extracted from ores and minerals whereas the organic carbon is found in nature from plants and living things.

Also your description of how carbon dioxide occurs on this planet is completely wrong, There are number of ways CO2 can be formed without the metabolic interactions of live organisms.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Regarding CO2, you're probably thinking of the carbon cycle on this planet which does contribute CO2 to our atmosphere. But remember that inorganic carbon tied up as coal for instance also contributes CO2 (and CO) when burned. There are numerous ways for CO2 to form in our atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There shouldn't be anything organic or inorganic. There shouldn't be any matter. There shouldn't be any energy.

My dad is a genius scientist with many titles.( He will be 95 next month). He has been in newspaper headlines, built one of the first PCs from scratch, traveled the world, and was even summoned to the Whitehouse by a Vice President for private meetings. He loves math, and told me many decades ago that he found evidence of intelligent design through math

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

the 'Creation process' is the reason for inorganic material to transform into sustainable, organic , living organisms

that action is ongoing in this present dimension (the one in which we are live and call physical reality)

other dimensions of the multiverse are definitely different than our/your/my Reality here in this physical, progressively evolving dimension (which is parallel to the Spiritual Dimension/universe, with a heaven and a hell aspect

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkstar2

Rather than writing a long screed about this I found a pretty good article on the various processes that could have started things off.

New Scientist article

That article made it very clear that everyone has a different theory of how life "could have started" but none of them are close to having any definitive answers, nor will they.

To the OP, thousands of years ago, the Bible told us that we were created from the dust of the earth, which just so happens to share many of the same living organisms that we do. It also tells us that God was the one who breathed the breath of life inside of our bodies that were created from that dust. As much as anyone may hate that answer, there will never be a more detailed or scientific answer as to how or why we have to breathe air, why or how we were formed to procreate, or how our brains were formed in order to provide the ability to think, reason, or feel emotion. Good luck with that!

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
"God" is just another way of saying "we don't know".

I think it's more accurately saying, 'we don't know how it happened, but biological organisms and cosmological constructs are most definitely sourced from something logical'

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

A 'classic' explanation - Still if such a supernatural being exists, which still remains to be proven
- He must have an agenda and millenniums of history, religions and agendas have yet to establish
what the agenda is.

The Bible told us what the agenda is, you just have to read it. It also says that God won't reveal himself to the world as a whole until he returns to end it and judge it. God will remain a mystery until the very end, just like the details of our creation.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0

Lol, typical toxic angry atheist viewpoint. I'll pray for you. :-)

I'm not an atheist you moron. Try harder next time, lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
"God" is just another way of saying "we don't know".

I think it's more accurately saying, 'we don't know how it happened, but biological organisms and cosmological constructs are most definitely sourced from something logical'

That's fine, but let's pick a different creative agency because yours is just plain vile for obvious reasons. There's a whole encyclopedia of qualified deities to test and compare. Not about to get scammed like I did with that crypto business.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Life is a natural occurrence in the universe. It doesn't just appear here on Earth. Sure, it works differently than the rest of the universe. But it is natural and occurs everywhere, not just here. The reason that some people *think* it only occurs on Earth is that they want to feel special.

Back in the day, the same line of thinking happened when people were convinced that the Earth was the center of the universe. Hell, incredibly dense people today still think *they* are the center of the universe.

This delusional belief that we are special and the center of the universe makes us *assume* things like that life could not appear anywhere else, even though we have no evidence of this. In fact, we have evidence to the contrary. Both water and life have been spotted outside of Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
There shouldn't be anything organic or inorganic. There shouldn't be any matter. There shouldn't be any energy.

My dad is a genius scientist with many titles.( He will be 95 next month). He has been in newspaper headlines, built one of the first PCs from scratch, traveled the world, and was even summoned to the Whitehouse by a Vice President for private meetings. He loves math, and told me many decades ago that he found evidence of intelligent design through math

Check out the big brain on pops.
So what happened with you?
Just kidding, I'm sure it runs in the family. I would have endless questions and talk to him as much as he could stand about a great many things. Love watching those kinds of minds work out answers.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I love this friggen guy.

A supreme being is possible. Your biblical, jealous, petty, unjust, unforgiving, vindictive, bloodthirsty, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, narcissistic, illogical god is not.

So you will only allow a supreme being to exist if he exists by your moral code?
At least no one can ask who created God any more. Because low and behold
according to you it's you. So your big parade of words is truly indicative to
yourself. You can't be taken seriously passed the first word in any of your
replies. Because your conclusion is delusion and reflect right back on you
without you even realizing it. But if you don't want any help no one can
help you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join