It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partial Lunar Eclipse November 18 Frost Moon (longest eclipse of the century)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The longest partial lunar eclipse of the century will take place in a little less than 2 weeks, on the night of Thursday, November 18th (early morning Nov. 19). The frost moon will be in the Earth's shadow for 3 hours and 28 minutes, and though it is not a total lunar eclipse, the shadow will cover about 97% of the full moon's surface.

NASA says weather permitting, "a huge swath of the planet" will be able to see the eclipse — including North and South America, Eastern Asia, Australia and the Pacific region — and it can occur earlier or later, depending on your time zone.

U.S. East Coast observers can begin to see it after 2 a.m., and it will reach maximum visibility at 4 a.m. West Coast observers can start to see it just after 11 p.m., with a maximum at 1 a.m., according to NASA.

www.msn.com...

NASA will have a livestream of the lunar eclipse, which will cover almost 97% of the full moon's surface.

www.timeanddate.com...

timeanddate.com has some nice interesting interactive graphics/maps, for any/all upcoming eclipses. If you click your location, it will give you the exact times and what you will be able to see, and the weather forecast. Looks like some possible light sprinkles with decreasing cloudiness for me.

LIVE Stream: Partial Lunar Eclipse November 18-19, 2021

Path and Visibility (Globe) - November 18/19, 2021 Partial Lunar Eclipse

Eclipse Map - November 18–19, 2021 Partial Lunar Eclipse

Penumbral Eclipse Starts 6:05 am UTC

Partial Eclipse Starts 7:19 am UTC

Maximum Eclipse 9:04 am UTC

Partial Eclipse Ends 10:48 am UTC

Penumbral Eclipse Ends 12:05 pm UTC

I guess this will be what I will see around 4:05 am, weather permitting of course.

I assume the NASA Youtube channel will also have a live stream.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Here's a list of other upcoming November celestial events as well. 😊
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ah man you beat me to it by weeks, if I knew before I would have linked this thread in mine or rather added to this one.

edit on 19.11.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

new topics

join