It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim's 10th Anniversary .... Time to buy Skyrim Again ... Anniversary Edition !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
11/11/11 was the day Skyrim released , a great date for a great game.
11/11/21 is the day Bethesda are living up to the internet meme by selling yet another edition of Skyrim , Skyrim Anniversary Edition.

Of course if you own the Special edition you don't have to buy it again , you can upgrade for $19,99 and replay that game you've played to death for the last 10 years but this time with some new content and slightly newer visuals ... Wow ! , so much better than a new Elder Scrolls game Eh.

If you don't own the Special Edition you can buy the new old game for $49.99 .... Yeah seriously.

Happy Anniversary Skyrim , start the party without me.

edit on 5-11-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was never able to finish Skyrim lel , at some point i got bored.

although many aspects i did enjoy , it did not bring up the feelings Oblivion had.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Same here , I finished Oblivion but with Skyrim I followed the story for a while then just went off and did my own thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just mod the heck out of it! Sometimes I forget I'm playing Skyrim with all the stuff I have packed on that foundation.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration

Just mod the heck out of it! Sometimes I forget I'm playing Skyrim with all the stuff I have packed on that foundation.

It ain't Skryim SE until one has a folder size of 140GB

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No kidding. I've got it on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Switch, and PC... Like you, enough seems to be enough at this point.

Wish like Hell Bethesda would remaster Morrowind and Oblivion... I'd buy those again happily, but they've beaten the dead Skyrim horse into total dust npw.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Time to buy Skyrim Again

Not this time.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hmmm… I wonder if the update will be available for the Google Home version.
Haha

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have SE on multiple platforms, I'm not going to get the anniversary edition. I am however going to take some time to play a bit on 11/11
I have been itching to play Oblivion again though, just haven't had much time for gaming these days. ::sigh::

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I enjoyed Skyrim, modded the hell out of it and got to know the game world all to well.

Now if I want to go to sleep the Skyrim sound track is the perfect thing to do that.

Asking fifty quid for a game this old is really fishing the bottom of the barrel and they should be ashamed of themselves, also it really should be a free upgrade to those that already own the game as this is just bad PR for there greed.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Katatonik

Still in many peoples mind's the better game and there are some cool mod's as well, given it's age there are several remasters made by the community and this is just one (I lament the fact that the Nexus had to ditch all it's Morrowind mods leaving just a handful because that now ancient game had at least ten times more mod's than they now have up and had to get rid of because of the tightening of copyright laws since so many of the older Morrowind mods included copyrighted music such as pink floyd and the beatles in Quarls underground etc and Ice's mods as well).

And back over on Skyrim there are some truly astounding mod's as well which we all know but worth mentioning them.
This one is very weird and can be offensive if you let it be but it is actually creative and true horror for skyrim.
Vigilant

A lot is lost in translation as well which probably screws it up but just for an exploration of a cursed realm it is really interesting and some great loot to catch including a very Covid friendly plague doctor outfit.
Or the Grey Cowl of Nocturnal (Arguably a mod which shamed Bethesda by being better than there own work), some Egyptian themed dungeons, plenty of new monsters and new factions, a medium sized (large) desert to explore with some beautiful assets and of course the infamous gray cowl of nocturnal to recover.

These two mods have been out for years and I am sure there are even bigger and maybe even better out there to find.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Have to admit the Skyrim soundtrack is awesome , nothing better for setting the player up for a long session of chasing Dragons and looting Dungeons.

I could accept it if they'd properly remastered the game and added something meaningful but typical of Bethesda it seems more like a half arsed attempt to squeeze more money out of the game.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

It healed just fine, but now my xbox 360 is too old to run this new edition, i have the gold to buy a new console, but my magic level is not high enough to understand these microsoft accounts and pay for play and whatsmagothits.

And yeah the soundtrack is awesome, every time i had to run errands i would leave it on for my puppy, even today if i put it on, the doggo starts to feel sleepy. Outdoor ambient sounds were my choice.
edit on 6-11-2021 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

It HAS had quite a few fan remakes.
Perhaps the most liked since it was also released on the Nexus as a replacement, Malukah.
The Dragonborn Comes

www.youtube.com...

Another one Dovakin (actually I prefer the original but it is still good)

And another this time the Swedish National Orchestra doing the Dragonborn Comes (almost a reverse tribute to a game that was arguably a tribute to Nordic legends albeit in a fantasy universe, don't know the singer but she has a beautiful voice).

Now what I would like to see is a half decent movie based on it, Conan (Old Arnies version anyway) like preferably.

edit on 6-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join