It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gentleperson's Guide to Government Trolls.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVG1980
a reply to: drinkbeker

I don't think people realise just how many people are paid to post on this website

This site is like no other, and if your clever, and you study who's who, it's easy to find the agenda

.... And there could be sleepers (there is)

All innocent until its their turn to disinform

Don't forget the sockpuppets, rogue actors and the mountebanks.
“The god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers.” Corithians 4:4

edit on 18-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This guy here is one of the biggest offenders in the troll
farming. David Brock, pet of none other than Hillary Clinton.

time.com...

No doubt, he played his part in farming out trolls on this
site about the so called "dossier", Russia collusion, and
et al. Last I read he was under investigation.

Perhaps that is why some folks just disappeared eh?

edit on 18-11-2021 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think Skeptic said it best:

Shills, Disinfo Agents, Sockpuppets, Oh My!

Sure, in the grand scheme of things it is certainly possible that various persons, either government, government contractors, or directed by a corporate entity, may be tasked with attempting to influence opinion on AboveTopSecret.com. My reaction...

So?

Seriously. It may be downright impossible to discern the different between:
1) a "shill" sent to spread disnfo
2) an ordinary person who doesn't accept most conspiracies
3) someone fooled by mainstream media
4) someone passionate about a manufactured political ideology
5) someone who is afraid to consider conspiracies
And since it's impossible to discern the difference in an environment like ATS, why get worked up over it?

The reality is that those you think may be a shill are numbers 2-5, and actual "shills" in the severe minority (if at all). So the best strategy is not to sweat the motives and treat them as you would any person who simply disagrees -- state your case with authority, excellent back-up, well-composed responses, and polite compassion. You may not change their opinion, but the nature of your response may change the opinion of the thousands of other people likely to read your response, but who never considered joining ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thank you K12!

Want to add this to the thread, as this may be one of the
largest ever campaigns found. Two Iranians who were
posing as Proud Boys and making threats to vote for
a certain candidate, trolling on Facebook and emailing
tens of thousands of people. DOJ announced today they
have charged them, but good luck catching them.

Of course, they were neither Proud Boys, nor Trump supporters.
Was the event was used as intended by some entity within the U.S.
interfering with a U.S. election?

thehill.com...

www.justice.gov...

Well rest assured the DOJ is on it.

Thanks as always for bringing much needed discussions
for enlightenment.

edit on 19-11-2021 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Have to admit I'm a bit fascinated by the psychology of it all mate and do wonder what kind of person actually takes time out of his or her day to solely antagonize other people online (other than those who are getting officially paid for it).

Suppose they might get some kind of peverse kick out of it and thought this chap also made some relevant comments about trolls attempting to disrupt research into missing people.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You mods often warn of the dangers of the "Digital Ego"

I'm no moderator mate and hopefully don't take myself too seriously.

Think one of the main things that pisses me off (and one of the main goals of Gov shills) is that they actively try to deter newcomers from engaging in present and future research.

Am all for 'free enquiry' (think it's insanely important to a healthy and functioning society) and have lost count of how many times sincere and thoughtful folks have come online sharing great insight and research into 'controversial' topics only to be scared off by malicious trolls.

Pretty sad state of affairs when a person realises that a great many of the more disturbing 'conspiracy theories' have turned out to be 'true' and have absolute basis in objective reality.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've given this some thought.

So have I mate and got to love Mike Tyson's quote below regarding trolls saying things online which, in real life, would warrant them a punch in the face - suppose you also get the passive aggressive types who never address posted content and always try to make it about you.

As the link states in the first post 'the worst trolls are the government trolls' and their antics have now become so prevalent that it's magically warranted some kind of Hegelian dialectic where the resulting law and government oversight will potentially result in complete abuse of power and the illegality of free enquiry.. who saw that coming then?

Any thoughts on the actual thread content and the US/UK Gov training their employees in 'the building blocks of deception' - what do you think about the abuse potential for this new law or the mindboggling fact that propaganda is now legal to disseminate to domestic audiences?

edit on 20-11-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Enjoyed reading this thread, true meat and bones of ATS imho

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Any thoughts on the actual thread content and the US/UK Gov training their employees in 'the building blocks of deception' - what do you think about the abuse potential for this new law or the mindboggling fact that propaganda is now legal to disseminate to domestic audiences?

First you have to ask yourself when hasn't government used propoganda and outright lies?

Gutenberg and his printing press just made it easier and made obsolete the town cryer.

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Thanks for the relevant addition there matey - thought there was some interesting commentary below about (abuses of) the new online harm bill.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Enjoyed reading this thread, true meat and bones of ATS imho

Thank you my friend that means a lot.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

Thanks for the relevant addition there matey - thought there was some interesting commentary below about (abuses of) the new online harm bill.

Does anyone have a copy of that video?

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hmmm, darn they took it down.
I read the harm bill is delayed now....

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

My greatest fear online is that I'll be trapped intentionally in a 'Squirrel Cage' - a so-called 'white room', where everything I type, every interaction I have, is all controlled in a fictitious simulucra of the forum in which I intend to post. Agents & bots taking on the personas of the forum participants, so I THINK I'm having a free & open debate, sharing truth & helping the world - but actually, I'm trapped in a place from which nothing I say can ever get out into the world. Worse still, there's no genuine feedback that can be trusted, no cameraderie, there's never an end to the caging, it goes on forever. Possibly ultimately these traps will be automated, with AI taking over the roles of the formerly real forum participants.

# I possibly just gave them an idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

We always knew what the score was but tried anyway

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Big fan by the way

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Have had the same thoughts FITO, but let us be strong, and not let it go to the idea of paranoia or fear.

My greatest online fear, is unknowingly mentioning my greatest fear online, and then it will be scooped-up, and added to the database... LoL !!
Cambridge-Analytica™ ... How soon we forget, eh ?

Whenever you see one of those types of threads here :
IE : " your greatest fear, most horrific way to die, best torture method, your worst nightmare, etc... ":
To me they might as well all be honey-pots,
so that is a very good occasion to go and make a super-duper True™ statement,
like : my greatest fear is to spend 30 years of healthy peaceful existence, in a sleepy beachside hut, in a sleepy tropical area, and then die painlessly in my sleep, just like that.

Sounds horrible, eh ?
The stuff of nightmares !!
Hope it doesn't go that way.

When you think about it : it's almost impossible to prove, one way or another, how "real" those we engage with online are.
Chatbots™ are more and more advanced, and it's not as easy to tell as we would wish.

At least the goal isn't to get us to be unable to tell whether we are engaging with Big-Brother™, or a person ...

My thoughts are that this place is overrun, with all flavors of such, from any one that is interested in mining a somewhat open, and easy to mine forum.

Except, maybe, ( hihihi ), for you, and Krackerjack-Twelby ... maybe ... LoL !!

We are surrounded by deceivers : so please protect, and care-for, your secret-garden my friends.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Magnificent post there my friend - unfortunately it seems that thanks to money we are entering the age of 'Baal'.

Not good news and everyone is oblivious.

edit on 30-7-2022 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

Magnificent post there my friend - unfortunately it seems that thanks to money we are entering the age of 'Baal'.

Not good news and everyone is oblivious.

Ok I was extremely drunk when I posted that.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like all videos (and even the images) have been scrubbed from the tinternet.

If they're not doing anything wrong why are they absolutely censoring exposure about their activities?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join