It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any fans of Gregorian music? I really find it so enchanting. Soothing. Inspiring.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Now, you wouldn't immediatly think of me being a monk type of guy, but this music just hits me right. I'm just a regular drug abuser/schizophrenic trash bum, but I do have a heart of gold and this music resonates.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm Schizoaffective and I find great comfort in the Monks.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Yeah, it's solid.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I will listen to it at times.
This is nice , from the series Cadfael:

Cadfael theme song

Just earlier I was listening to Devourment

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Yes, that also has a very nice vibe. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lux96

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a fan, but I do like it and I downloaded a bunch of it awhile back. Like I said, I like it, but I've only listened to most of it once.

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

High Hopes (Pink Floyd)

Mad World (Tears For Fears)

I hadn't even thought about this music for quite some time now, so thanks for that. I am currently in the mood for it at this moment. I just hadn't realized it.

ETA: I find this somewhat amusing, and it's not the first time I've made this mistake. Without thinking about it, when I typed 'Mad World', I automatically put 'Gary Jules' in parenthesis, but I know he didn't write the song. It's just that his name always comes to mind first since his cover is so much better than the Tears For Fears Version(S).

edit on 11/5/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
An hour ago, I was feeling tired and felt a pressure weighing on me. Now I am back full of energy, feeling much lighter and back to my optimistic self. This music has powers.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   

So I'm guessing that 'Moment of Peace' is an original song?

As far I knew, I had only heard them do cover songs.

Not a whole lot, but there are a couple things about 'Moment of Peace' that kinda remind me of this↓ song, which is another one I hadn't listened to for a long time. I think it may have mostly been the beat that sounded somewhat similar. Regardless, I have always loved this video though.

Enigma - Return To Innocence (Official Video)

edit on 11/5/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Oh wow, it's a little bit different that song and certainly is an aquired taste, but I do like it alot. There were many times, in psychotic episodes that I would listen to it, whilst battling demons, I mean, in my head I was really battling actual demons, or so I thought.. And then I would listen to this song and I would feel this sense of forgiveness, even the darkside would forgive me for not understanding them or for being different and I would feel more safe again.

It's special, that's for sure.

edit: I don't know which songs are all orignals and not, I don't listen very much music so I wont know if it's a cover or not, except the really popular songs.
edit on 5-11-2021 by Lux96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I love Gregorian music.

Thank you for this thread.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The song I used to come off a bad trip.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Maybe I’ll throw this on during my next painting session.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Maybe I’ll throw this on during my next painting session.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I first heard Gregorian Chants as part of a humanities course in school. I was immediately taken with them -- the first really old music I had ever heard.

I enjoy listening to them every once in a while, often on Sundays.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I love the stuff! It instantly clears the fog of distraction and ‘drama’, reminding me of the more positive aspects of existence and spirit.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

edit on 6-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Yes!! Whenever I was having a temper tantrum in my early childhood days my grandma would put me in a room, make me wear a blindfold, and have this type of music play. When the record ends you can come out, but not before...or else! Worked every time.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
What was with the blindfold?????
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I was scanning the music threads looking for a lost song and noticed your reply. The blindfold helped to look inward to the soul and return to calm. I was a hyper kid at times.

new topics

top topics

join