It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Unintended Consequence of Lockdown: Food Shortage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The CEO of Yara, one of Europe's largest fertilizer manufacturing companies, warned today of coming food shortages in 2022.

finance.yahoo.com...

"I want to say this loud and clear right now, that we risk a very low crop in the next harvest," said Svein Tore Holsether, the CEO and president of the Oslo-based company. "I’m afraid we’re going to have a food crisis."

"To produce a ton of ammonia last summer was $110," said Holsether. "And now it's $1,000. So it's just incredible."

The delayed effects of the energy crisis on food security could mimic the chip shortage crisis, Holsether said.

"That's all linked to factories being shut down in March, April, and May of last year, and we're reaping the consequences of that now," he said. "But if we get the equivalent to the food system…not having food is not annoying, that's a matter of life or death."

Canned and or freeze dried food insurance seems to be a good investment. Food circa April 2022 could be as scarce as toilet paper was circa April 2020.

The unintended consequences of Covid panic keeps on giving.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

"Unintended"? You're kidding right?

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Yeah ha written right in the plan from the beginning!

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

While it may be intended by " the movers and shakers", without the complicity of the panicked sheep the lockdowns never would have occurred. When those sheep abandoned their "non-essential" posts in 2020 for months on end surely they were not intending to starve their families.

But point taken and acknowledged.
edit on 4-11-2021 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I read yesterday that our nice Bunter Junta government in the UK has armed guards at fertiliser depots and they decide if you've been a good little farmer or not.They then decide whether you get fertiliser or not.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Exactly.

There are no "unintended" anythings. They know from the beginning what they were doing. Hungry and scared people are much easier to control.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

While it may be intended by " the movers and shakers", without the complicity of the panicked sheep the lockdowns never would have occurred. When those sheep abandoned their "non-essential" posts in 2020 for months on end surely they were not intending to starve their families.

Spot on!

The saddest thing of that "they" new exactly how the majority of people would react. They counted in it. They banked on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yep, the elites were counting on the sleepwalking masses and it payed off in spades. For the sheep everything is "unintended". Life just washes over them until eventually they drown.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
These things go in cycles; its just that time in the cycle for hardship. Feel bad for the young generation; they get to deal with the wars that will break out when people get tired of the hardship.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
These things go in cycles; its just that time in the cycle for hardship.

Cycles courtesy of the elites, as it has been for generations. Nothing is unintended or by chance.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So dramatic... jeez don't you know you can buy shares in the Soylent corporation? I hear the new Soylent green product is awful tasty.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Yeah ha written right in the plan from the beginning!

Just look up Codex Alimentarius or Food Code or Food Book. Link to WHO.int PDF Make it so difficult to grow crops, the world starves and dies.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The piper has to be payed at some point, I told my brother to buckle up financially last spring because I knew it would take about a year for the tsunami to hit and its starting to hit now. It will come and probably go, but I would definitely stock up to go light on the grocery shopping come this spring until the summer gets going.

It does have me thinking, what if its possible that this is all on purpose to prepare people for the needed shell shock they will experience if a clean break with China's manufacturing machine ever actually happens (it will, mark my words, it wont matter which party is in power).

That has actually got me on a whole line of thinking with the several different flavors of mass hypnosis I believe I've seen broadcast over the last few years.

This is all about who controls the world in 28 years. The goal line is 2050, I'm pretty sure on that one.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
sea lines of communications.

is part of the red communications period.

goal: the third horseman.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Just look up Codex Alimentarius or Food Code or Food Book. Link to WHO.int PDF Make it so difficult to grow crops, the world starves and dies.

That's a good link right there Dave, there are also these plans to 'reset the table'.

"Reset the Table:" Food Tyranny & Transform Food Supply

Also pretty disturbing to think Bayer now control a quarter of the world’s food supply (especially considering their heritage).

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Canned and or freeze dried food insurance seems to be a good investment. Food circa April 2022 could be as scarce as toilet paper was circa April 2020.

I thought the problem with toilet paper was mostly due to the fact that suddenly everybody started buying in excess and hoarding it.

If people would have simply continued purchasing only what they actually needed, it would not have become such an issue.

The fear of something becoming an issue, can actually be the reason that it becomes an issue.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I thought the problem with toilet paper was mostly due to the fact that suddenly everybody started buying in excess and hoarding it.

If people would have simply continued purchasing only what they actually needed, it would not have become such an issue.

The fear of something becoming an issue, can actually be the reason that it becomes an issue.

That is certainly true, but if a person waits until farmers announce they were only able to harvest a quarter of their normal yield, it's not uncomfortable anus due to wiping with tree leaves, it's a famished family.

To be honest, I debated posting this topic here earlier this week when the Chinese government told it's citizens to accumulate a personal food stockpile. I didn't post it because I didn't want to start a run on the shelves for the reason you mention.

I thought maybe that's what China was trying to drum up, a food run.

But then today I read that about Yara, and thought it would be wrong not to point it out to others.

The fact fertilizer is limited means it's fate accompli. No matter what there's going to be a food shortage. Run on the shelves or not.

Not enough corn to feed the people, let alone the cows. Stock up now.

Edit w/ link to China food advisory:
www.msn.com...
edit on 5-11-2021 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuserdefined
The piper has to be payed at some point, I told my brother to buckle up financially last spring because I knew it would take about a year for the tsunami to hit and its starting to hit now. It will come and probably go, but I would definitely stock up to go light on the grocery shopping come this spring until the summer gets going.

It does have me thinking, what if its possible that this is all on purpose to prepare people for the needed shell shock they will experience if a clean break with China's manufacturing machine ever actually happens (it will, mark my words, it wont matter which party is in power).

That has actually got me on a whole line of thinking with the several different flavors of mass hypnosis I believe I've seen broadcast over the last few years.

This is all about who controls the world in 28 years. The goal line is 2050, I'm pretty sure on that one.

I recommend trading much of that cash for lead, gun powder, and food storage.

If you think inflation is bad now, wait until a banana is $100. Food shortage always leads to a tsunami of hyper inflation.

Even if you are paying $3.00 per deer round today, next year it'll be worth your life in a multitude of ways.

$5k your brother saves can quickly become worthless. Buy enough ravioli and you will be able to sell it for $500 a can so you can turn around and buy an axe to chop down firewood.

Better yet, trade a can for the axe.

That's where this has a high chance of going. If you are in a city, GTFO now.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

you really think somebody would swap an axe for a tin of ravioli?
This has to be one of the craziest things I have ever read.

There is no way I would swap one of my 5 axes or hatchets for a tin of ravioli.

I am almost brought to tears thinking how anybody could do such a thing. That's it internet it was almost nice knowing you. done here.
edit on 5-11-2021 by infiniteMeow because: emotional outburst

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteMeow

you really think somebody would swap an axe for a tin of ravioli?
This has to be one of the craziest things I have ever read.

There is no way I would swap one of my 5 axes or hatchets for a tin of ravioli.

I am almost brought to tears thinking how anybody could do such a thing. That's it internet it was almost nice knowing you. done here.

You are thinking rationally. Most starving people do not think or behave rationally. When physiological needs are not met, people will sacrifice everything, even safety and security, to meet them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join