It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto Warning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
You are claiming that if the U.S. dollar collapses then so would Bitcoin. Your claim is unfounded.

What ae you going to exchange it for? Colored rocks or shells?

LMAO!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Crypto could be the failsafe for a global financial meltdown.

National currencies becomes useless because they're backed by nothing and everyone flocks to bitcoin because there's a finite decentralized supply

Bitcoin is pegged to the dollar and if the dollar collapses Bitcoin is pegged to nothing.

Bitcoin is pegged to the energy it took to mine the coins.

Then why is the price shown in fiat currency?

You gonna mine some toilet paper and frozen pizza?
edit on 30-11-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

National currencies becomes useless because they're backed by nothing and everyone flocks to bitcoin because there's a finite decentralized supply

Bitcoin is pegged to the dollar and if the dollar collapses Bitcoin is pegged to nothing.

That shows how many U.S. dollars Bitcoin is worth. I can show you how many dollars the euro is worth in dollars also.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: anonentity

A finite amount of crypto means the value of the coins is based on demand and nothing more. One coin was originally worth about $10. Not its around $61,000. When they are all mined the price will be higher. But you will still be able to transact fractions of a coin in pretty much whatever dollar amount you choose. There will be a point when the transaction fees make smaller value exchanges less attractive, but that isn't much different than spending $10 to get a $5 cashiers check. Its not worth it.

Except you dont spend $10 to get a $5 cashiers check. You pay a percentage of the amount youre requesting, and that fee is usually capped.

Yall are fkn nuts.

If you cant see that cryptos like bitcoin and ethereum do the exact opposite of their supposed benefits, you deserve whats coming.

Wrong again. The fee for a cashiers check is either a flat rate or a percentage, whichever is higher. The price is usually $10-$15 dollars. If the percentage is too low the flat rate kicks in. If you had to, you could get a cashiers check that would cost you more than it was worth face value. For people who absolutely have to have a cashiers check this is a reality.

You shouldn't speak in such absolute, especially considering how often you are wrong.

What exactly are there supposed benefits and what exactly are they doing that is the exact opposite? Its easy to throw meaningless generalities around. Please be precise and exact in your descriptions so we can all benefit from your obviously in-depth understanding of all things crypto.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Years ago people were making a living playing MMO's and selling in-game articles for real world currency. The game world economy merged with the real world economy and many people made a good bit of money.

Now the metaverse is emerging and people are making money there too with crypto currency. Crypto, like any other currency, has exchange rates for other currencies. That is not unique nor is it a sign of weakness. It is simple common sense.

Some people struggle with the idea of buying something that doesn't physically exist. If that is how you feel, don't buy it. But also don't cry when you get left behind. There are a whole lot of millionaires out there who wouldn't be were it not for crypto. The fiat currency you use is just as unreal as crypto coin. US dollars are not backed by anything. Their value depends entirely on the belief that they will continue to be in demand in the future. That will eventually change.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That shows how many U.S. dollars Bitcoin is worth. I can show you how many dollars the euro is worth in dollars also.

Oh see, now you're starting to get it...

Bitcoin isn't worth a damn thing if there isn't a fiat currency to put a value on it.

Unless you're going to mine some toilet paper with 20 graphics cards.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

a reply to: anonentity

A finite amount of crypto means the value of the coins is based on demand and nothing more. One coin was originally worth about $10. Not its around $61,000. When they are all mined the price will be higher. But you will still be able to transact fractions of a coin in pretty much whatever dollar amount you choose. There will be a point when the transaction fees make smaller value exchanges less attractive, but that isn't much different than spending $10 to get a $5 cashiers check. Its not worth it.

Except you dont spend $10 to get a $5 cashiers check. You pay a percentage of the amount youre requesting, and that fee is usually capped.

Yall are fkn nuts.

If you cant see that cryptos like bitcoin and ethereum do the exact opposite of their supposed benefits, you deserve whats coming.

Wrong again. The fee for a cashiers check is either a flat rate or a percentage, whichever is higher. The price is usually $10-$15 dollars. If the percentage is too low the flat rate kicks in. If you had to, you could get a cashiers check that would cost you more than it was worth face value. For people who absolutely have to have a cashiers check this is a reality.

You shouldn't speak in such absolute, especially considering how often you are wrong.

What exactly are there supposed benefits and what exactly are they doing that is the exact opposite? Its easy to throw meaningless generalities around. Please be precise and exact in your descriptions so we can all benefit from your obviously in-depth understanding of all things crypto.

No.

The percentage goes up to the flat rate.

The same way it does with money orders and western union wire transfers.

And wouldn't you know it? My bank doesn't charge a fee at all. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Years ago people were making a living playing MMO's and selling in-game articles for real world currency. The game world economy merged with the real world economy and many people made a good bit of money.

Now the metaverse is emerging and people are making money there too with crypto currency. Crypto, like any other currency, has exchange rates for other currencies. That is not unique nor is it a sign of weakness. It is simple common sense.

Some people struggle with the idea of buying something that doesn't physically exist. If that is how you feel, don't buy it. But also don't cry when you get left behind. There are a whole lot of millionaires out there who wouldn't be were it not for crypto. The fiat currency you use is just as unreal as crypto coin. US dollars are not backed by anything. Their value depends entirely on the belief that they will continue to be in demand in the future. That will eventually change.

Lol. We're not being "left behind."

We're just not stupid enough to waste money on things that don't exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

1000% profit over the last 3 years just by holding crypto, how stupid of me to invest.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Oh see, now you're starting to get it...

Bitcoin isn't worth a damn thing if there isn't a fiat currency to put a value on it.

Unless you're going to mine some toilet paper with 20 graphics cards.

Do you think I can't buy toilet paper with Bitcoin?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Show me where toilet paper (or anything else for that matter) is priced in Bitcoin.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I invest in tangible assets, things that you can touch. Real estate isn’t called “real” for no reason. Classic/muscle cars and ww2 warbirds fetch premium in toy money.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Show me where toilet paper (or anything else for that matter) is priced in Bitcoin.

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

And what is the toilet paper priced in? Is it in Bitcoin or is it in dollars?

Bonus points if you start to catch on.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

And what is the toilet paper priced in? Is it in Bitcoin or is it in dollars?

Bonus points if you start to catch on.

Once you select your product and go to buy you can then select your means of payment. It will then be priced in bitcoin.

The question was can I buy toilet paper with bitcoin and the answer is yes. Don't move the goal posts.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Once you select your product and go to buy you can then select your means of payment.

Bull.

ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 1440P HDR Gaming Monitor (VG27BQ) - QHD (2560 x 1440), 165Hz (Supports 144Hz), 0.4ms, Extreme Low Motion Blur, Speaker, G-SYNC Compatible, VESA Mountable, DisplayPort, HDMI
Get 1 month of Adobe Creative, see details

$329.99
$269.99

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Once you select your product and go to buy you can then select your means of payment.

Bull.

ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 1440P HDR Gaming Monitor (VG27BQ) - QHD (2560 x 1440), 165Hz (Supports 144Hz), 0.4ms, Extreme Low Motion Blur, Speaker, G-SYNC Compatible, VESA Mountable, DisplayPort, HDMI

$329.99
$269.99

Trying to fix the quote..

STEP 4: PAYMENT

Select your preferred Bitcoin payment option. If your digital wallet software is.

Installed on your computer, click the "Pay with Bitcoin" button

Stored on your smartphone, scan the QR code to process the payment

Hosted on the web, click "View Address" link to display digital wallet address, then send the respected Bitcoin amount due

edit on 12/1/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

"STEP 4: PAYMENT
Select your preferred Bitcoin payment option. If your digital wallet software is.

Hosted on the web, click "View Address" link to display digital wallet address, then send the respected Bitcoin amount due"

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Bull.

$329.99
$269.99

Hosted on the web, click "View Address" link to display digital wallet address, then send the respected Bitcoin amount due

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Bull.

$329.99
$269.99

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join