It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto Warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not so sure, gold as an example has survived the collapse of many government issued paper based currencies.

Bitcoin shares many of the fundamentals that have sustained gold as a standard trade vehicle.

Also, decentralised mediums of exchange aren't beholden to the same constraints.

I'll bet you 1 billion Nigerian dollars that bitcoin outlasts the US dollar.
edit on 29/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

If the world's reserve currency 'collapses' the last thing you'll be worrying about is your pixel money and precious metals.

Also, I'm going to take your bet.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
No no, more like don't put all your chicken eggs in one basket....and the dollar is just one basket.

You're shifting the goalposts, using the dollar and investing in the dollar are two different things.

If the dollar 'collapses' that means all other world currencies are done including your beloved crypto.

😅🤣😂

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If the dollar collapses you can be assured a trade vehicle will arise in it's place.

Seems logical to me that in our technocratic dystopia that medium will be digital and decentralised.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

😅🤣😂

Now that you're laughing let me ask you what you exchange your crypto for when the world reserve currency 'collapses'?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
If the dollar collapses you can be assured a trade vehicle will arise in it's place.

If the dollar 'collapses' you'll be looking at a word wide economic catastrophe and the last thing the average person will care about is pixel money. How will you exchange it? Why will anyone want it?

Seems logical to me that in our technocratic dystopia that medium will be digital and decentralised.

Sovereign nations are already well into the process of displacing the current crypto scheme with their own, what they cannot control themselves they will legislate into the ground, history has proven this. Your Bitcoin is not truly decentralized, it's pegged to the US dollar.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

If the world's reserve currency 'collapses' the last thing you'll be worrying about is your pixel money and precious metals.

Also, I'm going to take your bet.

2 years worth of canned food, the ability to grow more, and enough firepower to hold on to it.

That's the bet I'm taking.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

😅🤣😂

Now that you're laughing let me ask you what you exchange your crypto for when the world reserve currency 'collapses'?

Women and beer.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
2 years worth of canned food, the ability to grow more, and enough firepower to hold on to it.

That's the bet I'm taking.

What? No pixel bucks or gold?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Women and beer.

Neither is Bitcoin which kinda proves my point. In a SHTF scenario it's worthless.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Women and beer.

Neither is Bitcoin which kinda proves my point. In a SHTF scenario it's worthless.

Youight be right, but I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Youight be right, but I don't think so.

Who TF wants crypto if the global financial markets collapse?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Pegged to the US Dollar you say.

Well it worked for me, i've turned a $10,000 total investment into over $100,000. I've taken out my original stake and then some so everything going forward is all gravy.

Best investment i've ever made, by a long way.

My portfolio now is spread quite evenly between bullion, stocks, crypto and fiat. I'm not recommending anyone put all their eggs in one basket.

You sound quite bitter about crypto, possible remorse for missing out?
edit on 30/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Who TF wants crypto if the global financial markets collapse?

Crypto could be the failsafe for a global financial meltdown.

National currencies becomes useless because they're backed by nothing and everyone flocks to bitcoin because there's a finite decentralized supply

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

We're talking about a 'collapse' situation, your currency, both digital and non become worthless.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

National currencies becomes useless because they're backed by nothing and everyone flocks to bitcoin because there's a finite decentralized supply

Bitcoin is pegged to the dollar and if the dollar collapses Bitcoin is pegged to nothing.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

We're talking about a 'collapse' situation, your currency, both digital and non become worthless.

You are claiming that if the U.S. dollar collapses then so would Bitcoin. Your claim is unfounded.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Bitcoin is pegged to the dollar and if the dollar collapses Bitcoin is pegged to nothing.

Bitcoin is pegged to the energy it took to mine the coins.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You are claiming that if the U.S. dollar collapses then so would Bitcoin. Your claim is unfounded.

What ae you going to exchange it for? Colored rocks or shells?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Bitcoin is pegged to the energy it took to mine the coins.

Is the price of Bitcoin given in watts or dollars? Oh, right, it's dollars.

edit on 30-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join