It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk to me about Crypto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bitcoin is the only crypto left in my account and with good reason. I am not a day trader. I don't care to make dollars, I care to preserve purchasing power and Bitcoin fits the bill nicely in both store of value and ability to spend even if I have to transfer to regular fiat.

It is censorship resistant. Transactions can't be stopped once initiated and I can store my wallet safely in my head by remembering 12-24 words in a certain order.

Bitcoin represents 21st century financial freedom and I believe ushers in the The Machine Economy that I believe is ahead of us and being realized daily.

Crypto is freedom in an age of control.
edit on 11 3 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Crypto is the future. I fought it for so damn long. Got in recently and have made good money. Let's be honest...crypto is only going to get bigger. There are very few coins out there that won't go up in value eventually....people will drive all the prices up. Good for me...bad for someone who gets into the market in a year or so when everything is high

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I am not day trading. When I spot one I want to buy I take one that I have already and swap it. I have been watching certain ones like Shiba Inu. It has a lot of zero's you can get a ton of them. I had quadrupled my money and left it in there and it has slid back to just under triple. I try to get ones that are following closely with the ones I believe will be good in the long run like things that go with Etherium seem to do well.

A lot of these coins start out slow but are steadily edging upward and then boom a big hit can happen and has in Bitcoin for instance. Very few of the coins started more than a few dollars that made people rich. All of the good ones end up in 4 to 5 years of going way the hell up. I still am studying this subject, but if Bitcoin goes below $50K I would buy some. It is projected to make more than $100k one day. Shiba may not make $1 but if it gets to a penny I will have a nice sum. I also think Jasmy has a chance to make a run. It is around $0.25 . We can always trade the obscure one for Bitcoin, Etherium, Cosmos or any other good one that is accepted in a lot of places for payment on goods.

link   
My money is in institutional banking coins, ISO2022 compliant. No meme coins, strictly utility and use case. Got in early and when they come into use world wide I'm set.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My biggest problem with crypto is I dont have enough fiat to buy into as many projects as I'd like to the extent I'd like.

So many nice ones out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The market is definitely excited and people are doing stupid things. If my flavor of the month dog tokens were up right now I'd have an exit plan for sometime in the coming week or two.

Twits: I don't buy or sell based on any of these feeds, but I do incorporate their information.

mobile.twitter.com... johnmorganfl is pretty much a news feed, very helpful for overall news.

mobile.twitter.com... justinbennetfx posts charts, general news, market info.

mobile.twitter.com... defenddark I love the style, mostly XRP but some other charts. Their charts and posts are easy to understand and they seem very good at picking target/trigger prices.

mobile.twitter.com... bloodgoodbtc educational material, links, tips.

mobile.twitter.com... crypto_birb same

mobile.twitter.com... cryptowhale same

Non twit: www.elliottwave.com... offers a free guide if you give your email. If you have any interest in charts this is essential, almost all charts will employ some of the things you'll learn about here.

a reply to: underpass61
I have a similar love for utility and it will be the winner in the end. If you haven't yet, look into VeChain/VET. VeChain is already miles ahead of every other smart contract token out there in nearly every aspect except price. It's a fully developed ecosystem. VeChain is already functioning where Buterin claims his ETH 2.0 will be and is light-years ahead of Cardano/ADA, which still has no functional product as far as I can tell. It's being used for millions of real world transactions in industry applications and is emerging as THE blockchain of China. PWC, DHL, and Deloitte, have already dipped their toes. They're also working on a carbon tracking project that will propel it into the top few in the next couple years. Their gas token keeps fees low and provides residual income just for holding.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

the helpful ones I mentioned showed up, like a moth to a flame.
Enjoy the ride.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Spread your wealth across 10 coins and sit on it for years. Long investments if you want real gai ln

Polkadot
Etherium
Cardano

Some good ones to try. Other than eth pretty good value too.. and stay away from Shib

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I have an app that notifies me when certain stocks I pick go up or down 5%. If you have a sizable chunk in there you can ride the waves and make decent chips.

I keep 50k in bitcoin and buy when it drops 5% then sell when it goes back up 5%. I've long made the 50k back so now it's all free money from here on that. I bank on that about twice a week. That's really all I'm doing with crypto for now. I'm too busy with other aspects of my portfolio at the moment to get any further involved with crypto though my buddy bugs me about it all the time. I think in a few months I'm going to turn my focus on crypto and see what I can do with it.

ETA: that app also notifies me of crypto fluctuations
edit on 11/4/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I owned some VET early on, my hardware wallet didn't support it so I reluctantly traded it for more XRP. I'm currently accumulating a decent pile of DeFi coin Songbird in anticipation of their EXFI coin airdrop, that was just recently rescheduled for Dec 12th. That's the extent of of my dabbling outside of ISO20022. Not really interested in chasing pumps and dumps I've got a feeling looming regulations are gonna wreck a lot of people. Utility coins ain't exciting or grabbing the headlines like Shiba or Doge but they will be around a long after the memes are gone.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I have no doubt your strategy will pay off long term.

I haven't even delegated my SGB yet. I'm just letting all the XRPL airdrops marinate in their own juices for a bit.

ETA: Y U NO like memecoins? Shib is totally unstoppable and I'm sure this 75% retracement is just a healthy correction. I'm also positive that the 100 people that own 80% of the supply aren't going to dump when there's sufficient liquidity. This time it will all be different, you'll see.

edit on 11/4/21 by Ksihkehe because: Trollolololololol

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

There seems to be plenty time for "marinating" right now, the whole utility market has for the most part been trading sideways for months. It's pretty clear that the banks and governments are suppressing prices while they get all of their ducks in a row. Once they are ready, they will greenlight the changeover and that will be it. Some will ride the wave and the rest will get left behind. Could be 6 months to a year, or maybe less.

ETA: I dipped a toe into the memes, ONCE just for fun. Got me some DogeElon and turned 40 bucks into 2 cents overnight! LOL
edit on 11 4 2021 by underpass61 because: added

edit on 11 4 2021 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 4 2021 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You should put a satire / sarcasm warning on this post.

No doubt it made me cry with laughter but some poor sod will likely be re-mortgaging to by Shiba Inu as we speak.
edit on 4/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

You should always read the fine print.

My edit note.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Some people need it in bold capital letters. I warned folk on here just last week to take their SHIB profits. Not a bag you want to be holding.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join