It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk to me about Crypto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Experts, Educate me!
Ok so I know the basics, I have an account. I've traded and all the beginner stuff. I'm ready to play.

I saw my account make $1500 in just an hour.
I've seen it go down too.

I see there are highs and lows and am starting to recognize a pattern. I'm pretty adept at looking at large amounts of data and analyzing it. I will do a lot of further research but wanted to hear anything you are willing to share with me.

So here are some specific questions. For those that trade, do you do it on a daily or hourly basis? I noticed some distinct times that people must be most actively trading and that is probably when you can capitolize on the benefits or downswings.
Are you finding you have better profits on cryptos that are on the upswing or ones that have dipped down? I haven't researched enough and have found I've had luck with both, and have also gone down with both methods, but my suspicion is one normally better. Yes I know nothing is going to be 100% of the time, I'm talking more about trends and what normally is the case.

Are you leaving x amount of money in the account and cashing out, or are you just playing with what is in there and growing it. Or are you adding x amount every day/week?

Are some of you just buying and holding on for x amount of days/ months growing it?

Do not worry about me losing my shirt, because I would not have anything in there that I can't afford to totally lose, so that is zero issue.

edit on 3-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
you want to buy when it is .0000077
and sell when it is .000086

and it is never going to be $1 but it might be .0001 by Christmas

LOL
edit on 3-11-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
you want to buy when it is .0000077
and sell when it is .000086

😐

yeah, pretty sure I got that part down.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It varies I day trade unstable crypto like mana that just went up 100%+ and week/month on slower crypto like eth and btc but thease cryptos can lock you in for a long time depending on trading fees just to make a profit you might eat 1% just to switch to a faster moving crypto

I also mine and make 300$ a month avg on that so alot of times my profit ends up in a new gpu this is how I make most my profits with crypto trading is more of a side act compared to that 10$ I make every day

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

TRTL?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So you should diversify based on your acceptable risk.

By that I mean, take the money you want to keep, add about 10-2-% and stick it in reliable cryptos with good track records. Take the rest of your investment and throw it in stuff you see moving. Watch the markets. Take the ones you are interested in and put a ticker on your phone that refreshes regularly and watch the ones you want.

KuCoin is great for the ticker app.

Also, learn to use wallets. The most long term investment you make in crypto should be in a cold wallet in a secure location. Only morons would trade on places like Robinhood for example. CoinBase is a staple though for anyone trading crypto since you can send to wallets and receive from them for most popular cryptos.

Also, dont sell when it goes down once you make your choices, wait a while and make sure its not about to pop back up from people buying the dip. HODL!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'd bet you bought a few hundred worth of Shiba the other day and saw it jump big. I actually did the same thing and got lucky. Shiba is a junk coin with no real value. If you have an account with coinbase, do the free tutorials they offer. You get free coins with them, and may end up with about $50 in free coins, while learning a little about each one.

If you don't grasp blockchain, dig into that a bit so you understand the back side of it all. Coins tied to Ethereum tend to be somewhat solid. It's a good idea to have some cash stashed away just in case there is a big dip. That's when you buy. Also, find out why a coin shot up. As with Shiba, some whale (big spender) bought a large chunk of is and drove up the price. I see that as a temporary gain, so I cashed out when it peaked. I put my profit into another coin that looks promising.

If you can get some safemoon, it's worth a gamble. Bigger chance it turns into nothing, but there is a small chance it booms. It was hard to buy, I don't know how it is now. It's exciting since you can make money on a Sunday morning just as you can loose your ass on Monday afternoon. But as with any investment, don't put in what you can't afford to loose.

Good luck, there are a few here who know a lot about all this, and are super helpful. I'm sure they will be along, as your threat title is like honey to a fly. have fun and if you find a good cheap coin you think might do something, tell us, we can all wish on a star together.
edit on 3-11-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd bet you bought a few hundred worth of Shiba the other day and saw it jump big.

I have a very small amount of Shiba. I know it’s similar to Doge.
That is not what made the jump.

I’ve done the tutorials and apparently I’m either a very good guesser or I’m naturally good at understanding it.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm just a hodler. No day trading for me...too risky.

Typically, you're not supposed to buy in when something is running. That's FOMO (fear of missing out). There are exceptions of course and unless you have insider info nobody can tell you when a top or bottom is at hand. Just holding through everything irons out that risk.

Out of my top 3 bags bitcoin, ethereum and cardano only ADA (cardano) hasn't moved much this past month. But I'm just holding and accumulating. BTC got to almost 70k, ETH setting all time high currently at 4.6k and ADA just putting around $2 but it's time will come and I will be ready when everyone else is fomo buying. The longer I hold the more $$$ I make it seems.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

There is serious money to be made trading daily, but not without risk.
I also think holding is and accumulating usually works similar to trading equities.

Right now I think people are FOMO buying a bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I bought a Bitcoin when it was just over $1000 each, I also bought Etherum, and a bunch of Lite coin at that time. I thought Bitcoin was way to high at that price. I was nervous. I kind of forgot about it, and someone said it was way up. I thought about selling it at the time, but I didn't. Then it dropped like a rock. I was afraid to look at it. I heard recently its back up again, but the Feds want to tax the crap out of you if you sell it. Also it seemed like someone put some money into my account a few years ago. I dont know who. That's all I know.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'd stay away from inflationary coins.

I like to figure out how a coin works before I get in.

Some have a total amount of supply that will eventually be available like bitcoin. Miners get a bit of bitcoin while they validate, the amount being minted goes down every so often as we approach the cap.

Some are all minted out the gate, and the total supply is the total supply like shib (though there are burns bringing down total supply)

And then my favorite or deflationary. Some are starting to burn a certain percentage of each fee, meaning supply goes down over time under specific and understandable parameters.

The other important aspect is how validation of transaction is done.

You have proof of work (miners) and proof of stake (stalkers get interest and delegate some to validators). The latter is becoming more popular as it requires less electricity and doesn't have the looming question in the future of how to reward validators.

The final important aspect to me is utility. What does the coin offer in terms of value added? Ethereum was visionary by introducing smart contracts which can cover everything from smart escrow to applications run on the etheruem network. They also have thousands of other coins requiring ethereum as an intermediary so to speak keeping popularity and demand.

I wouldn't suggest a specific coin to anyone, it's anyone's guess where the next run is. But if you pick solid coins I think you make money in the long term. Knowledge is more important than advice IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I bought a Bitcoin when it was just over $1000 each, I also bought Etherum, and a bunch of Lite coin at that time. I thought Bitcoin was way to high at that price. I was nervous. I kind of forgot about it, and someone said it was way up. I thought about selling it at the time, but I didn't. Then it dropped like a rock. I was afraid to look at it. I heard recently its back up again, but the Feds want to tax the crap out of you if you sell it. Also it seemed like someone put some money into my account a few years ago. I dont know who. That's all I know.

This might be the best advice yet, buy it, totally ignore it and have a mysterious benefactor

Yes I’m sure they will tax the living daylights out of it to the point where you are in the negative or something!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Personally I buy and hodl. I stick with safe bets and avoid meme coins. I’m in it for the long game, people who expect crypto to make them rich overnight generally lose everything chasing profit.

My portfolio is 50% BTC, 20% ETH, 10% XRP, 10% ADA and 10% assorted sh!tcoins.

Whatever you do stay away from margin trading.

Checkout VET (VEChain), MATIC (polygon) and SOL (Solana), they have more room to grow.

All of the projects listed here have good fundamentals and utility. I invest each month and have been doing for the last 3 years. My profit is over 1000% since I began and I rarely cash out to government issued fiat. If Ksihkeke has the time to help you then listen to his advice, he’s by far the most knowledgeable member I’m aware of when it comes to the crypto markets, his analysis and tips are pure gold.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

My portfolio is 50% BTC, 20% ETH, 10% XRP, 10% ADA and 10% assorted sh!tcoins.

I love this and this makes me feel pretty good because I am not too far off from it!
Yes you have to have some sh!tcoins for fun and just in case!

Thank you for the tips on the others, I will take a look.
I am also not into margin trading, so that is not a problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Just look up a guide to basics of trading and read it. Even if it's related to stocks the technical analysis will help you set goals and expectations. If you're a math person it might even be fun for you. The most important factors are entry and exit, everything else is semantics and style. It also helps to read a bit of the ways different crypto, even those you may have no interest in, provide a service. Knowing the playing field gives you an advantage over people just looking at numbers.

It's simply not feasible to teach you about crypto via message board unless you have some understanding of the basics and lingo. That's why people charge thousands for mentorships or even offer subscription services.

Twitter is a minefield of bs, but if you're there I can give you a couple accounts to follow that are consistently providing quality educational materials, tips, etc. on crypto. Twitter crypto influencers are notorious for getting kickbacks for promoting things, often outright payment, so you have to be careful. Particularly avoid crypto tribalists that are only attached to one project, they're promoting their bags rather than educating others. It's important to realize that crypto "news" is even more guided by special interests than regular news. Even the crypto news on big financial news sites is often sourced from people with significant interests in promoting specific projects.

It's still very early for crypto and, assuming you're invested in projects with legitimate utility, you could probably forget about it entirely for a few years and be incredibly happy with the balance down the road.

The best advice I can give is to reread the first paragraph and ignore almost all the other advice you get on crypto from ATS until that's done. I'll look for any links I have to suitable material and will add a link if I find it.

a reply to: Grenade
ETA, thanks boss. I was already writing. I'm avoiding these threads because it seems like wasted effort, but JAGStorm has been around and deserves a legit response.
edit on 11/3/21 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Twitter is a minefield of bs, but if you're there I can give you a couple accounts to follow that are consistently providing quality educational materials, tips, etc. on crypto.

Not my favorite platform but I am on it for different reasons. I’d love the accounts.

Thank you for taking the time to outline everything.
Right now Crypto is very much giving me the same feeling as the stock market did in 2000….
I remember people buying Yahoo stocks and making a small fortune. I also remember people losing everything, and when I say everything, I mean everything, like their house, cars everything.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm not going to shill coins but I've made a few good investments. I got into Cardano around 13 cents a share and Verasity below a penny. I'm holding for the long term. Could I buy a nice property and build a home..possibly. That said, I believe Cardano will reach $50 in less than a decade and verasity may hit $1. If so, I'm retiring before 50 and I'm going to enjoy my life.

I've bought meme coins and I've made some money and lost some money. More gains than losses though. I think if you're going to invest in crypto, you should read the white papers and invest in projects you believe in. Right now, I'm sitting on a large bag of CKB and its doing nothing but I have a good feeling about it, also.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hodl hodl hodl Ethereum. Just around the corner they will be updating to layer 2, which will make transactions fees just as cheap and as fast Polygon (layer2) currently is. It will boom.

For your question, everyone has different strategies, and personally, I've found 3am/3pm est. to be a prime time for buying/selling. Sometimes it's around noon, but most of time it's around those times. Also many many many of these exchanges have neat little features to help you decide on buying or selling, like coinbase for example on every coin, if you scroll down, you can see the percentage of all coinbase users trades in the past 24h. (Ie: Bitcoin 68% sell / 32% buy)

I switched from Etherium network to Polygon a few months back and it's been a wild ride. I used to day trade, but found providing liquidity is where you can make massive profits. I highly recommend the Polygon network until Ethereum updates. My fav site is zapper.fi

Most people are turned off by Polygon because of Ethereum's high gas fees when bridging back their profits to Layer 1 in order to sell for cash, but there are ways around this, costing as little as $0.59 to bridge it back.

If anyone is interested how, this is how I personally do it. I use mexc exchange and deposit my Polygon funds, then trade it all for USDT, then depending on how much I'm moving, I'll trade again for either ETC (large amounts) or Ada(for anything under $50). Then from there I can now withdraw it to any of my layer 1 wallets and cash out.

High yield farming is great too. Sorry for the randomness, in a rush so I just replied what is fresh in my mind right now real quick.

Edit: youtube Mark Tilbury, best investment advice you'll ever receive and he is fantastic at explaining eveverything.
edit on 11/3/2021 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/2021 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

For your question, everyone has different strategies, and personally, I've found 3am/3pm est. to be a prime time for buying/selling. Sometimes it's around noon, but most of time it's around those times. Also many many many of these exchanges have neat little features to help you decide on buying or selling, like coinbase for example on every coin, if you scroll down, you can see the percentage of all coinbase users trades in the past 24h. (Ie: Bitcoin 68% sell / 32% buy)

Yes, I have noticed the 3pm thing!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join