It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return of the Jedi- GOP to Challenge and Nulify Biden Mandates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is the counter strike many of us have been anxiously waiting for, we just didn't know exactly what it would be, only that we'd recognize it when we saw it.
www.foxnews.com...

More than three dozen Senate Republicans are moving to formally disapprove and nullify President Biden’s vaccine mandate on private employees Wednesday under the Congressional Review Act — the official process for Congress to eliminate an executive branch rule.

Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana is leading 41 Republican senators on Wednesday to "strike down" Biden’s rule, which mandates employees — at private businesses with 100 workers or more — to receive COVID-19 vaccines.

Republicans blasted the mandate, which Biden introduced in September, and the forthcoming formal rule from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which is expected to be released in the coming days — calling it "unacceptable" and an order that "warrants review by Congress."

A Republican aide told Fox News that the remaining nine GOP senators — Sens. Mitch McConnell, Richard Shelby, Susan Collins, Roy Blunt, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Bill Cassidy, Tim Scott and Rob Portman — are awaiting the formal filing of the OSHA rule. The aide said that there is no Republican opposition to the disapproval.

The Congressional Review Act (CRA) can be used by Congress to overturn certain federal agency regulations and actions through a joint resolution of disapproval. If a CRA joint resolution of disapproval is approved by both houses of Congress and signed by the president, or if Congress successfully overrides a presidential veto, the rule at issue is invalidated.

Now all that needs to be done is to sway 1 Dem Senator and 6 Dem Congressmen to cross the aisle and the mandate will instantly be dead. While traditional logic would indicate there wouldn't be much movement by the Dems to support the GOP on this, does any Democrat feel even remotely confident in saying Manchin and Senima are "locks" to defend Biden's mandate in the Senate? (Welcome to the Republican supporters world when McCain was alive, by the way...
) add in the fact that 2022 is an election year and a number of the Democrat's Congressmen are from states who have resoundingly rejected the idea of COVID mandates and will certainly be paying close attention to how their representatives vote on that issue and it is not a stretch to say that the GOP will almost certainly see some reluctant allies on the Left who are looking to appease their constituents who, while voting Democrat, value freedom, liberty, and personal choice.

The GOP is literally going to give Darth Vader a reason to cast their decrepit, evil emperor down a shaft.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Now all that needs to be done is to sway 1 Dem Senator and 6 Dem Congressmen to cross the aisle and the mandate will instantly be dead.

You would think, after what we just witnessed in VA and while currently NJ is neck and neck, there would be a few democrats that understand the people aren't falling for the leftie games. Should be an easy task to convince the democrats, but I don't have much faith in them.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This is why last nights upset in VA was so important to slow the tyrannical roll of the regime, and lend courage to the GOP senate, and the dems that might wander further off the plantation. Expect more pushback now the temperature has been taken.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Now all that needs to be done is to sway 1 Dem Senator and 6 Dem Congressmen to cross the aisle and the mandate will instantly be dead.

Wont happen for reasons you have mentioned. The democratic party, good or bad, is completely under a unifying thumb. I highly doubt any defection.

I am surprised the GOP managed to coordinate/motivate that many senators to put their pants on and raise their hand to sign their high school petition. I predict some waffling here.

I dont see a Luke Skywalker type effort here, I see a Pilot Porkins here, usually crashing and burning.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Virginia is kind of a head scratcher. Is it a mandate for parents rights? Against progressive ideals (despite Virginians overwhelmingly supporting those ideals in a line item survey)? For conservatism? Against CRT?

Knowing why VA ended how it did really does inform how current Dems will respond. There are many on the far left that are screaming that VA happened because of a lack of effort at selling their progressive wins. I think it boils down to America being socially conservative, but not in matters of sex. We are still rooted in the puritanical sentiment, it seems.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

If they're so unified, what's the hold up on Biden's build back dumber agenda?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The Blue Dog Coalition is an actual thing and have resisted Biden's agenda in the House several times this year. We shall see, I guess.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

maybe if they found a way to make the left understand that ending the vaccine mandate isn't against the vaccine, only against forcing others to take it. Couple that with some facts that are not in dispute, like how you can still get sick and spread the virus even being fully vaccinated, and the whole lie of the "pandemic of the unvaxxed" falls apart.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
There are many on the far left that are screaming that VA happened because of a lack of effort at selling their progressive wins.

In all of recorded history, has a progressive ever accepted blame or admitted their agenda was at fault following any loss? Seems like avoidance of personal responsibility and incredulity towards platform criticism is a cornerstone of progressivism.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, about half of the blue dogs are from states presently suing Biden over his fascist mandate... I have to think those representatives will be educated by at least some members of their constituency who will call or email their offices and tell them "Hey, stop the mandate or we don't vote for you in 2022."

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I hope this happens in time to save our children from bad parents who will not know how to say "no" to the experimental drug injection, Biden is preparing to order public education to administer.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You seem to have ignored the elections last night. Smart politicians wont.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's not going to happen. Your own look says that the President has to sign off in it. If not, then Congress needs to veto the President's decision.

They might be able to get a simple majority, but there's no way they're getting a super-majority.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Man, I'm not 100% sure Joe Biden will still be president on Jan 1st. This collapse last night in VA combined with his steadily deteriorating faculties and approval ratings may very well see him 25th in the coming days. Anybody who doesn't believe the Dems would sacrifice him to save their own political careers hasn't paid attention to how DC conducts business. Add to that the simple fact that there is ZERO virtue signaling to be gained from further support of Biden and it paints the portrait of a presidency which totally failed less than a year into it's run.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Man, I'm not 100% sure Joe Biden will still be president on Jan 1st. This collapse last night in VA combined with his steadily deteriorating faculties and approval ratings may very well see him 25th in the coming days. Anybody who doesn't believe the Dems would sacrifice him to save their own political careers hasn't paid attention to how DC conducts business. Add to that the simple fact that there is ZERO virtue signaling to be gained from further support of Biden and it paints the portrait of a presidency which totally failed less than a year into it's run.

Thats pretty fukin sad.

Yet no one I know who voted for him will own up to it.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Virginia is kind of a head scratcher. Is it a mandate for parents rights? Against progressive ideals (despite Virginians overwhelmingly supporting those ideals in a line item survey)? For conservatism? Against CRT?

Parents unhappy with the woke takeover of their local education systems won big on Tuesday when they ousted progressive school board members and beat out pro-critical race theory candidates in multiple districts across the nation.

Not so much for C's but against clear bS.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They failed to hold Pelosi accountable with #ForceTheVote, I dont have much hope, but believe theres a chance.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
They might be able to get a simple majority, but there's no way they're getting a super-majority.

Hard to say. Every Democrat up for re-election in the midterms knows they don't want to get caught on the wrong side of history. Wouldn't put it past the party to ally against their own administration, if it means keeping seats.

"The record shows I did not support the radical Biden polices" might become a key statement.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
There are many on the far left that are screaming that VA happened because of a lack of effort at selling their progressive wins.

In all of recorded history, has a progressive ever accepted blame or admitted their agenda was at fault following any loss? Seems like avoidance of personal responsibility and incredulity towards platform criticism is a cornerstone of progressivism.

"I guess shovel-ready jobs weren't so...shovel-ready...hahaha"

- Barrack H. Obama

Is that one?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I hope this is a turn-around
, though it's hard to stay optimistic after repeated disappointments.

Next republicans need to push to expose all the lies from MSM and the hidden plan/agenda behind agenda21/30.

That so called 'equality' and 'sustainability' is just a way to bring us all down to poverty . And you bet , once we're all equally poor and miserable, they'd take us down further and further as far they can push it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join