It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does removing Low level traffic violation actually help people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Some sociologists think lessening enforcement of lesser crimes will put people into comfort zones and they will violate other laws with more impact on other people (aka victims) 😱☠️

Like maybe somebody keeps getting away with license and some minor safety violations, and later they will not think twice about speeding and killing somebody😱☠️

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So why even have traffic laws? Why have speed limits and stop signs and red lights? Get in accident? Just drive away. Hit someone? Keep going.

The traffic laws are still there, just the means of upholding them will be changed.
In reality if they start using scanners, many more people will get these tickets.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Over here it's how a load of people rob the likes of petrol.

But these were ready to go, fixtures attached and all. Kind of thing any self-respecting Police that happened to stop and search would certainly query.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So years back when I lived in Memphis they had plate scanners on their cars. It was a fairly automated system and did not discriminate, it scanned the plate and if it was out of date it just sent the bill on to the owner of the vehicle. They also utilized the tech for vehicle tracking, which I am less enthusiastic about from a privacy standpoint, yet it did help resolve a few cases from what I recall reading.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Sorry, but I TOTALLY disagree.

Look at any story about how some serial killer or serial rapist was caught and in 90% of the cases, it was because of a broken tail light.

There’s a famous dash-cam video on YT showing a hairy-@zz shoot out between a cop and two bank robbing brothers, in Idaho, I believe. Pulled over for expired tags.

Ted Bundy’s first arrest resulted from a missing license plate on his VW Beetle; the officer noticed what they call a ‘Rape Kit’ in the back seat of Bundys car: a ski mask, gloves, a pre-tied knotted rope and a knife.

Traffic stops are the most dangerous call a cop makes. For a reason.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

Yeah then look at all the stories where a guy got killed by cops after being pulled over for an air freshener
or a license plate light being out.

They say they cant see your license plate because the lite is out but they have head lights

Its all revenue collection and cops should be focused on actual crimes IMO

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

was caught and in 90% of the cases, it was because of a broken tail light.

Now we are just making up numbers lol

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I can't wait for the day Liberals proclaim bank robbery as an undocumented loan .

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I can't wait for the day Liberals proclaim bank robbery as an undocumented loan .

Go ahead! Give them ideas!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Gothmog

Go ahead! Give them ideas!

They turned illegal aliens into undocumented workers .
I want to be first in line for the loans .

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I found something that cracked me up yesterday. I was on another thread that was about women registering for the Draft. One of the posts was about how failing to register was a felony and you could be denied Federal benefits. In the same link, it states that immigrants are required to register. So technically a male immigrant 18 and over is a felon if they haven't registered. A felony is cause for deportation. Interesting. How many "undocumented immigrants" do you think have registered?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
When your police are mostly defunded cities' traffic goes to sh!t. In Seattle the addicts living outta their cars don't have valid plates, they can't afford it, and we don't prosecute. But to drive here is insane, and the dirtier the neighborhood the worse the driving is. I deliver at odd morning hours and get people blowing thru stop signs and lights constantly.

Back in January my car was stolen, and I was surprised they found it in 2 weeks with how few cops we have now, they scan plates of cars that look abandoned. We also have several expensive bridges/tunnels that scan your plate to send u payment.

The bottom of my hill was safe 2 years ago, now it's needle caps and the main strip is used for drag racing in the middle of the night (sometimes in the middle of the day)

The majority of the people doing the violations don't have a valid address to send the ticket to, let alone money to pay for it

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes, Oh absolutely yes this helps.

I drive a vintage red Pontiac with popup headlights and T-Tops on plates current to 1998. I dont need the heat dude, she dont drive so good under 55 even with a 2nd stage suspension upgrade.

edit on 3-11-2021 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

When your police are mostly defunded cities' traffic goes to sh!t. In Seattle the addicts living outta their cars don't have valid plates, they can't afford it, and we don't prosecute. But to drive here is insane, and the dirtier the neighborhood the worse the driving is. I deliver at odd morning hours and get people blowing thru stop signs and lights constantly.

I’ve driven there, and it is the worst!!! Hate driving anywhere in that state!!!

I will take Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando all over Seattle any day of the week.

Orlando is a little scary because there is so much randomness in traffic accidents though. Too many tourist, old people etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Some jurisdictions might be playing a waiting game by ignoring low level offences and later nail people with higher fines and penalties when they're in a select comfort zone 😎

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They mean once again putting a halt to quotas that (someone?) forgot were already deemed illegal at the Federal level.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join