It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan wants MORE of your money for Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Christ in Heaven....THIS is why I think the Pairs climate accord is a bunch of hooey.

This is an older article, but the Pakistan PM was at COP yesterday admonishing rich countries and asking for the promised funds to be given out.

www.reuters.com...

Pakistan is a Nuclear armed country....you know how much money that kind of program takes?

Then there is the foreign aid that P stan gets...

www.cgdev.org...

This article tells how hard it is to account for where the foreign aid goes because of the corruption in that country, so who says giving them money to combat climate change will go to climate change????

Nothing. There is no recourse for ANY country to spend money directly on climate change help.

This is like Farm Aid, and every other type of Aid....it goes to foreign governments and then disappears.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

....it goes to foreign governments and then disappears.

Indeed.

And in a country that has well proven deep rooted links between high ranking government/Military/Security officials and Islamic extremists and terrorists.

I wouldn't give them a pot to piss in.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is why president Trump got us out of this nonsense!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Christ in Heaven....THIS is why I think the Pairs climate accord is a bunch of hooey.

This is an older article, but the Pakistan PM was at COP yesterday admonishing rich countries and asking for the promised funds to be given out.

www.reuters.com...

Pakistan is a Nuclear armed country....you know how much money that kind of program takes?

Then there is the foreign aid that P stan gets...

www.cgdev.org...

This article tells how hard it is to account for where the foreign aid goes because of the corruption in that country, so who says giving them money to combat climate change will go to climate change????

Nothing. There is no recourse for ANY country to spend money directly on climate change help.

This is like Farm Aid, and every other type of Aid....it goes to foreign governments and then disappears.

He probably just needed to buy more gas to fly his jet back home. Jet fuel ain’t cheap!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of an incident a few years back but I can't remember who the PM was at the time. The UK government was giving India so many millions in aid and the Indian PM said "we don't need it, we don't want it as we've got enough spare money to run a space program" but the PM said "you've got to have it because we've allocated it". I can't remember if they accepted it.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

right back into the pockets of our corrupt members of government ( the big guy )

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

The fact that it's hard to account for where it is actually spent, also makes it easier to lie about how much is actually sent to them.

Like it was stated in the previous↑ post, "right back into the pockets of our corrupt members of government".

It's all a big racket. Many of the people along the chain who are taking bribes/pocketing some of the money, probably even convince themselves that even though they're taking some of the money, they're still doing the right thing because they're helping the rest of the money get to a place where it is needed, and will be beneficial for all of humanity.

It's all bullsnip.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
How the fk were China and India considered developing countries. Both are probably in top 5 contributors to global warming and USA , Japan ,UK , France and Germany pay the most. I was glad when Trump pulled out of this sham.

top topics

join