It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curse Of Oak Island Season 9 Starts Tonight!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Will the Laginas brothers find the treasure this season? Will Gary find another top pocket bobby dazzler?

Is the reveal of a large deposit of silver (and gold) leaching into the water surrounding the money pit area interesting to you?

I think they are getting close, what do you think?

Starts at 8:00 C tonight on History Channel.

edit on 2-11-2021 by Signals because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Call me a cynic but my first thought seeing this was viewership must be down.
Will it be ‘new’ or mostly just re-edited old stuff with a few new things included.
All the so-called Discovery, Nat Geo programs are doing it.
They have ruined so many good good programs with lousy scripting and even poorer editing I find myself no longer drawn to them.
As a matter of fact I don’t believe I’ve watched any but 2-3 hours of tv in the last 3 weeks.
I can’t stand the commercials……..Stoooopid!
Especially how they are playing the race card with the new ones……bleh!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They are never going to find anything.

Its all a sham. I cant believe its lasted this long. If there was really money down there, they would have brought in enough equipment to get it out.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not gonna lie this was my favorite mystery as a kid, I read the same Reader's Digest article like one of the brothers did, I get the fascination.

That said I'm not a fan of the reality show, I watched it for the first few seasons but now it is just excruciating to watch they seem to be milking it for all it's worth.

I don't blame them they have sunk a lot of time and money, but Im leaning towards something that was there but it's been found long ago.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The real treasure of Oak Island is the advertising money dupes pay to sponsor this show.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Not gonna lie this was my favorite mystery as a kid, I read the same Reader's Digest article like one of the brothers did, I get the fascination.

That said I'm not a fan of the reality show, I watched it for the first few seasons but now it is just excruciating to watch they seem to be milking it for all it's worth.

I don't blame them they have sunk a lot of time and money, but Im leaning towards something that was there but it's been found long ago.

I read that Reader’s Digest as a kid as well.

I have some hope, it looks like they are going to drill a hole 10’ feet wide this year, that is double the size of their previous digs.

It’s unbelievable all the stuff they’ve found in the swamp area, and the cobblestone path or road is damning evidence.

The skeptic in me keeps saying “the show is the treasure” for the Laginas brothers though…

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wait, what?

I thought they quit?

I thought I read online the brothers gave up?

I mean, I'm really hoping they didn't, but I swear I read that.

Either way, I really think with what they have found over all, has been pretty historically significant. And fun to watch.
And I just have a feeling, that if they did find something like the Arc, we would not be told about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals
My wife daughter and I watch the show each season and enjoy it thoroughly. The various theories and their segues through history are a hell of a lot more interesting than most of what’s on tv today.

We think there are multiple venues of treasure, deposited in and around the island at different times. The original deposit and subsequent deposits perhaps having some overlap.

I think the assays are interesting showing silver, gold surprises me, but depending on what if anything has been subjected to degradation, maybe gold particulate from leafing or plating has found it’s way into a sample.

Part of me thinks the original deposit may of been moved, perhaps the period culminating the night the 3 boys discovered the money pit after seeing lights and hearing voices. But who knows.

We look forward to the upcoming season and hope to be surprised.👍🏼

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Putnam6

Same for me as well.
I did a lot of reading about Oak Island as a kid and I can honestly say it had a lot to do with me getting my first metal detector. (by the way, the bobby dazzler guy is annoying AF!)
I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons but I can’t watch it anymore.
As I said in my earlier reply, they have destroyed really good programs with scripting and the really bad over-edited so called new programs are in fact just reruns.
Do they think people don’t see this?

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: see below

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interesting that members of the team wear Masonic hats, shirts and such, lol, maybe today’s descendant’s of the “King’s Templar’s” are still guarding the Treasure ! 😛🏰

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I’ll admit, I’ve been a bit of a fan over the years. The rehashing each episode leads me to believe that if you were busy and missed a couple of episodes you’d still know what was going on.

Most of I love how it keeps the dream alive for the kids, my kids drop everything and come sit in the lounge room glued to the tv, they don’t watch much, but they never want to miss this.

I started to think for a while that Gary’s top pocket finds use to come out of his top pocket, to keep his job and the limelight, but either way, good luck this year in the war room.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have watched every season for the same reasons other posters have mentioned, but not so sure I can watch it this season. Direct TV has their programming packages so configured, It just costs too much to get the history channel. I just hate to be blackmailed into paying them extra for just the History Channel. SOB's.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Another boat!!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
history channel or history liars?…..LOL
I’m going to the corner now>>>>>>>
I’ve had my say.

Enjoy the show!
Cheers………………….😎

a reply to: CharlesT

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I've lived close to, or my parents have lived close to, Oak Island for decades, in Western Shore, NS.

Lots of old locals say that Rob Dunfield was rrgularly sneaking treasure out of Oak Island in 1965/66. Allegedly, he caused lots of harmless accidents to get people off the island waiting for parts, etc, and he'd go back and pull it from the mud, mostly just old gold pieces. Then he sold it to Bill Mont, who owned tons of weird stuff here in NS. Mont was known to be super shifty a secret keeper and a total character.

Bill Mont sold the gold underhanded to ... who knows who, apparently not telling them where it was from, all to avoid it being claimed by the Nova Scotia government and avoiding any taxes.

ALLEGEDLY.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If there was ever any treasure there, it was found long ago.
There might be scarps, and artifacts lying around but that's about all there is if anything.

edit on 2-11-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6
my thoughts pretty much exactly. I don't think it was readers digest where I read it, but have been intrigued for years. Too much there for nothing too have been there. It seems to me that the past land owner, The black man (Bell, maybe) seems to have gone from ex slave to very wealthy.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD
Samuel Ball👍🏼

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
Putnam6

Same for me as well.
I did a lot of reading about Oak Island as a kid and I can honestly say it had a lot to do with me getting my first metal detector. (by the way, the bobby dazzler guy is annoying AF!)
I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons but I can’t watch it anymore.
As I said in my earlier reply, they have destroyed really good programs with scripting and the really bad over-edited so called new programs are in fact just reruns.
Do they think people don’t see this?

Oh I'm fascinated by the topic it's definitely the presentation that bothers me now, But I've read lots of articles and in particular liked that even a young FDR got involved.

I'll wait for a real documentary on it if they find something and actually announce it.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok here is what gets me on this thing. It may be a simple answer but I am not a construction person, an engineer or a deep hole digger so please bear me out.

Yo all know the story, depression in the ground, dig down find oak planks. Keep digging, find more oak planks, repeat several times.

Sooo, what were the oak planks for? Say you dig 10 feet down a hole 6' diameter, now you want to put those planks in. I dont see how you can. And then you would have to dig around them. Unless you only had 1 or 2 planks on one side of the hole. I can see that, but the tv show animation shows the planks covering the hole. the whole hole lol. They could be used as a rest spot as too not sit in the dirt or to hold tools and drinks. The same thing over and over 100' down. Little shelves. But not covering the whole hole.

You get your hole to the bottom depth, drop in your treasure chest, and start filling in. why would you need to put planks down in it? except maybe if you dug out some chamber at the bottom for some sort of roof?

So why the oak planks at the same intervals? A lot of word salad for a simple question I guess. But maybe somebody here is a deep hole digger IDK.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join