It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are still good people. ..

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This past Sunday, we were going to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. Like many others, times are a little rough financial wise, so we were just having a family dinner, followed by watching scary movies ,as it was also Halloween.
My daughter had been given some money as a gift and we decided to do the sensible thing and I took her to Walmart in the hopes of finding her a much needed pair of winter boots. Usually there are various styles and price points so I figured she had enough money to buy something.
Much to my dismay, I was shocked at the prices. Nothing low end. All styles were priced more than she had to spend. There really isn't many other options for shopping either.
So I was not happy, but still trying to convince her that we would find a suitable pair somewhere else.
About ten minutes later while still walking through the store, I got a tap on the shoulder.
A woman said to me, " Can I talk to you for a minute? I overheard your conversation with your daughter about not being able to afford the winter boots...so here you go!"
With that she placed a gift card for $50 with the receipt into my hand.
To say I was overwhelmed with gratitude is an understatement. I really wanted to hug this sweet woman.She literally must have ran to the checkout to purchase the card and ran back to the back of the store to find us. I thanked her so profusely. I have never experienced such a random act of kindness.
So yes, my daughter did buy a perfect pair of winter boots for herself.
In recognition of this generous soul, I took to the local social media page to thank her publicly. Even though I never got her name, nor she mine, it didn't matter. I wanted everyone to know there are still good, kind, unselfish people amongst us. Many people loved to hear what we experienced and it has spun off into more random acts of kindness in the last two days. I myself, have pledged to pay it forward as well when I am able to. Kindness can be more contagious than a virus....❤

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Lovely story, wish my fellow Scorpio a happy birthday.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How great to hear.
Last Saturday, we stopped in a small town, on our way north, to grab a bite at a fast food place. The people in the car ahead of us, paid for ours. So we took care of the car behind us.
I didn't even know that was still going on, but when we got home, my son said it is still happening in our town as well.

Not sure if your in a small town or not, but I do find it seems to be more prevalent out here, at least when talking to friends from the cities.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
We do live in a small town, and instances like yours happen frequently here, especially since the beginning of the pandemic.
Usually around the holidays there can be quite a few random acts of kindness per week. It's not uncommon for the town, but certainly it's been awhile since I heard of one, and definitely the first time it's happened to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That’s awesome. When I hear things like this I feel there is still hope for humanity.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That is really great.

The more these 'things' ie the world keeps changing for the worst, the more I find myself going to my heart and trying to be more kind to the ones around me and feel Love instead of Anger. It is hard but it is the best payoff and the only way we are going to get through what is coming.

Best to you and yours.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Your experience softens my heart and inspires me to anonymously gift someone. What a wonderful time!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae
Your experience softens my heart and inspires me to anonymously gift someone. What a wonderful time!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Happy birthday to your daughter!!

There is lots of good out there, unfortunately we just seldom here about it. That's why I loved when John Krasinski started "Some Good News" on youtube. Pretty awesome. Your story is exactly the type of stuff you see on there. Here is episode one.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Happy birthday to your daughter!!

There is lots of good out there, unfortunately we just seldom here about it. That's why I loved when John Krasinski started "Some Good News" on youtube. Pretty awesome. Your story is exactly the type of stuff you see on there. Here is episode one.

Thank you, and I wasn't even aware of this on YouTube!

new topics

top topics

join