It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Teacher of the Year Arrested After Allegedly Striking Student Over Instagram Post

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Supposedly, the reason the teacher wanted to speak with this particular student was because she wanted the student to remove the instagram comment that accused the teacher of using the "n" word.

What does Caroline Melanie Lee say happened?

Lee described the same Instagram exchange but said another student alerted her to a message that she interpreted as "a threat to kill her," so she told police that she wanted to meet privately with the student to discuss it. She denied closing her doors, saying "she always leaves her doors open."

Lee told police she was not afraid of the student and hadn't felt the need to report the alleged threat to police or administrative staff. She did say she felt "a range of emotions" during her contact with the student, the report said, and felt angry, upset, and disappointed. She asked the student to take down the comment about Lee using the "n" word "because everyone sees those posts."

According to the report, Lee said she wanted to impress upon the student that she was "not racist and is a nice person." After that, she told the student to leave her classroom.

Lee had no explanation for the student's bleeding nose. She also pointed out to police in the interview that it was the student's word against hers.

Jacksonville.com

At this point, it seems there are 2 people who know the truth about what happened in that room. It depends on which one is more believable. It's likely that one of those stories will remain the same, while the other will probably change a bit as time goes on.

The way I see it, regardless of what really happened in that room, the teacher screwed up. It should have never gotten to that point.

Let's say for a moment that the student is lying, and it's all a ploy to take down the teacher, then how did it reach this point? Well, the teacher thought the student was making false accusations against her, so she decided the best thing to do was to confront this student alone, in a setting where it would be even easier to make more false accusations. That's just dumb.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but that's basically what the teacher is saying.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

As I have been saying, it's perfectly reasonable to think there's a lot more to this story without thinking the teacher is innocent. It just seems the press bite version is way too pat.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One of them will probably eventually give in to their conscience and confess.
Time will tell..... maybe.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: everyone

They single out one person who becomes the focal point of their aggression.

Maybe wanted to make an example out of one believed to be an 'influencer' of other students.

Cheers

Yes that would fit in perfectly with what i said as well. Personally i think she just wanted some "payback" it is why she tried to do it behind closed doors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join