It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Grief, weight loss!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ever since the "episode" I've been trying to be super healthy. Quit smoking. Quit drinking. Been watching what I eat, really trying to do everything right.

So, on the good news front, I've lost 27 lbs. Part of that is water, a lot of water. I must have been retaining water for a really long time, because now I'm shrinking up to a pretzel. My focus has been on my legs (where the "episode" began). Now one of my legs looks like a bird leg. Between covid and my shoulder surgery/recovery, I've lost a tremendous amount of muscle. SOOoooo...I've been hitting the gym.

A couple years ago the wife was really into fitness, and she wanted a bunch of gym stuff. So, over time I got her some really nice stuff. Recently, it's just been collecting dust in the basement. Over the past few weeks I've dusted it off and got it all tuned up and ready to go. Now, I've practically got my own fitness center in the basement. Treadmill, total gym, free weights and some other stuff.

Trying to do something every day. Alternating between strength and cardio (as sad as my cardio is since the "episode"). They say it will take time, but I can already feel the muscle coming back. Pretty sore, but feels good.

Winter is coming. No punks allowed...me included!

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Ever since the "episode" I've been trying to be super healthy. Quit smoking. Quit drinking. Been watching what I eat, really trying to do everything right.

So, on the good news front, I've lost 27 lbs. Part of that is water, a lot of water. I must have been retaining water for a really long time, because now I'm shrinking up to a pretzel. My focus has been on my legs (where the "episode" began). Now one of my legs looks like a bird leg. Between covid and my shoulder surgery/recovery, I've lost a tremendous amount of muscle. SOOoooo...I've been hitting the gym.

A couple years ago the wife was really into fitness, and she wanted a bunch of gym stuff. So, over time I got her some really nice stuff. Recently, it's just been collecting dust in the basement. Over the past few weeks I've dusted it off and got it all tuned up and ready to go. Now, I've practically got my own fitness center in the basement. Treadmill, total gym, free weights and some other stuff.

Trying to do something every day. Alternating between strength and cardio (as sad as my cardio is since the "episode"). They say it will take time, but I can already feel the muscle coming back. Pretty sore, but feels good.

Winter is coming. No punks allowed...me included!

That’s great and I’m happy to hear you taking on a new, healthier chapter in your life.
As we age, it’s not just exercise and weight lifting as much as it is diet. The stress of current events has allowed me one meal a day, or I will vomit.
Low and behold, walking to work, 5 miles/day, coupled with one healthy meal/day, has brought me down to pre-wedding vows weight. My doctor said that I am his healthiest patient (I take the alphabet in vitamins).
Best of willpower and health to you!

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Good for you pal, i wish i had the time and effort to do the same.

I used to train 4 hours a day pretty much everyday however last 5 years i've let it slip.

Rowing machines in my experience are a good investment.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Rowing machines are an absolute NO-NO for me!

**lower back issues**

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
For some strange reason, beer increases testosterone which in turn can increase muscle mass. Some of the health foods increase estrogen...that can cause a lowering of muscle mass in guys.

Why do you think that construction workers working on their jobs stopped at the bar on the way home for a couple mugs of beer in the past? People do things sometimes and they do not even know why they do it.

The first thing to go when you restrict calories or eat those so called health foods too much is muscle, it is easier for the body to take energy out of muscle than from fat cells.

Estrogen is more of a repair hormone, it stimulates cell repair so we need to cycle a few estrogen foods into our diets a few days a week, back in the day, I used to eat that kind of food for a few days during the week, the rest of the week was consuming foods to make muscle. I did not know this at the time, I studied this kind of stuff and I tried to evaluate how I ate all week long. Of course, weekends were beer and bbq meats most times.

Coffee actually leans toward creating estrogens for repair boosting.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   

After I had my stroke last year I decides to eat healthy. Lost 60 lbs so far. Got the diabetes managed. Smoking a lot of pot helps. Wish I could find a quack who could do me up a prescription for speed. That stuff is wonders for weight loss. I know it's common but for that magnitude of weight loss I'd be willing to suck the heroin straight outta a covid's *BEEP*

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

This is not a dig at you but an observation on humans.

Why do we wait till something goes wrong before we start to maintain our bodies?
Most united states citizens seem to take much better care of their cars and computers.

Very strange.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

This is not a dig at you but an observation on humans.

Why do we wait till something goes wrong before we start to maintain our bodies?
Most united states citizens seem to take much better care of their cars and computers.

Very strange.

Well, I think, in my case, it was more a matter of degree. I thought I was doing good, but I've since realized it wasn't enough.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Trying to do something every day. Alternating between strength and cardio (as sad as my cardio is since the "episode").

Same. I try to mix up the daily routine to keep from getting into working the same thing over and over.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have to do organized or I won't keep it up. That said, greetings from my Tuesday morning butt kicking by April! Keep up the work but don't skip leg day - actually, I would be most inclined to skip shoulder day ...

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Beer is absolutely full of estrogen though, moreso than soy milk or even cow milk.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I use to mix my routine from getting into working the same thing over and over.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   
A year ago, I had appendix surgery, and after this surgery, I gained weight. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to food, I didn't have fixed hours to eat, and ate too much fat. Now I weigh over 90 lbs which is quite a lot. Yes, I tried to do sports just like you, lift weights, but small, and run short distances. But sport does not work if you do not combine it with a balanced diet. I chose to follow the diet of those from www.ihcginjections.com... Besides that, I also consume supplements to supplement my vitamin intake. I've lost 10 lbs so far.
edit on 23-3-2022 by feredsas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Trying to do something every day. Alternating between strength and cardio (as sad as my cardio is since the "episode").

Same. I try to mix up the daily routine to keep from getting into working the same thing over and over.

Yea, after "shoveling the roof Thursday", you almost look forward to "Legs Friday".

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
a reply to: rickymouse

Beer is absolutely full of estrogen though, moreso than soy milk or even cow milk.

is that why I'm such a bitch?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Yea, after "shoveling the roof Thursday", you almost look forward to "Legs Friday".

Hah. I would tell you to gee eff wye but guess what, Brother? It snowed once this year and we only get a few inches. No roof shoveling for me until next year. Maybe. Go go climate change.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hah. I would tell you to gee eff wye but guess what, Brother? It snowed once this year and we only get a few inches. No roof shoveling for me until next year. Maybe. Go go climate change.

LOL, you act as if it's over for the year. Old man winter might come poop all over your roof one more time. I have a new business plan to market automatic snow removal "robots" (like a roomba) to dashing urbanites such as yourself. Ima be rich.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I have a new business plan to market automatic snow removal "robots" (like a roomba) to dashing urbanites such as yourself. Ima be rich.

I met these guys at CES, they may have gotten to market first. Maybe you can sign on and help design a roof-centric version.

edit on 23-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

curses, foiled again!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join