It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical Race Theory , Does it work ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I remember seeing this on a bathroom wall in the Admin building at the college i went to back in the late 1980s

"RACISM IS NOT A WHITE DISEASE"

Now you may have issues where i got this statement but its TRUTH cannot be denied.

"RACISM" is a disease that has EFFECTED PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS, RACES , NATIONALITIES, TRIBES, AND AT ALL TIMES.

there is no (ex) more "whites enslaving blacks" and no "whites have enslaved blacks for longer than any other time"

there is no "blacks cannot be racist" in america.

the very first step in dealing with racism is to admit this.

the second is that you can NEVER EVER TOTALLY END RACISM...

as long as people are different (and sure as hell NEVER WANT TO CHANGE THAT) racism will ALWAYS EXIST to some level.

the idea is to make it (for lack of a better example) like weeds.
deal with it when you find it, and limited it to an anomaly not the norm.

now how do you do this?

MLK stated how CLEARLY AND SIMPLY

"judge a man(woman) not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character"

if they act like a racist, thug, evil, good , kind, ect.
you treat them that way and THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN IS IRRELIVANT

along with "well in history XX happened" is IRRELIVANT

For example (and seen on many a MEME)

I have never been a slave owner and you have never picked cotton/been a slave"
I owe you NOTHING

i know this sounds so simple and YET IT IS.

critical race theory is nothing more than teaching RACISM.

scrounger

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Okay, Show me one civilization/society that enslaved another that had a slave/master honeymoon period, like your tragic couple had before "he" cheated on "her".

White Europeans bought slaves, they were already slaved by their own people, black Africans slaved and sold their own people to white Europeans.
Up until the abolishment of slavery by the British slavery was a way of life world wide and it had been for thousands of years, there wasn't a period of time on planet Earth where slavery didn't exist before the British outlawed it, other countries soon followed.
Slavery is still alive and well in Africa, African's are still slaving their own people today as I write this.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, when people try to remove statues honoring traitors and slave owners we're told we need to keep them around so we don't forget history but when actual history classes try to teach that horrible history we're told that those history classes need to sugar coat and white wash history.

So what is it? Are you trying to preserve history? Or do actually just want to celebrate traitors and slave owners?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Let me get this straight, when people try to remove statues honoring traitors and slave owners we're told we need to keep them around so we don't forget history but when actual history classes try to teach that horrible history we're told that those history classes need to sugar coat and white wash history.

So what is it? Are you trying to preserve history? Or do actually just want to celebrate traitors and slave owners?

im sorry but teaching history (warts and all) is NOT THE SAME as "critical race theory"

that is (in a nutshell) "White people" are responsible for everything bad that happened "black people" and ONLY THEM.

along with "white people are still oppressors and have privilege over black people"

i see you dont get the lesson that every four year old learns/gets from seseme street
"one of these things is not like the other"

or more simply.....

you cant seem to tell the difference (deliberately maybe) between a turd and a bowling ball

scrounger

edit on 2-11-2021 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Okay, Show me one civilization/society that enslaved another that had a slave/master honeymoon period, like your tragic couple had before "he" cheated on "her".

Sookie your still trying to focus on individual societies , Not all black people on Earth were enslaved by colonial White Americans ? That was just a very small subset of African Americans who if you remember were sold into slavery by other Black people .

Not all Black people were slaves and not all Slaves were Black , Do you see what I'm saying ?

Nope. I'm focused on the faulty comparison in your OP of CRT and slavery being like a couple struggling with infidelity.

At one time, your hypothetical couple experienced a "honeymoon period" in their relationship, in which their love blossomed and their relationship dynamics were born. When "he" cheated on "her", trust was broken. They now are seeking a way to get their loving relationship back through contrition and forgiveness, in your scenario.

This scenario doesn't apply to slavery PERIOD, because the slave and master relationship was never a love affair in the first place. There was never trust or any expectation of fidelity on the part of the master. There is no "honeymoon period" on which to refer or get back to.

It doesn't matter that slavery is an age old practice. It doesn't matter what color skin either party wears. Slavery was never a love affair that went off the rails. It was always a betrayal of humanity.

edit on 2-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Sookie your still trying to focus on individual societies , Not all black people on Earth were enslaved by colonial White Americans ? That was just a very small subset of African Americans who if you remember were sold into slavery by other Black people .

Not all Black people were slaves and not all Slaves were Black , Do you see what I'm saying ?

Nope. I'm focused on the faulty comparison in your OP of CRT and slavery being like a couple struggling with infidelity.

At one time, your hypothetical couple experienced a "honeymoon period" in their relationship, in which their love blossomed and their relationship dynamics were born. When "he" cheated on "her", trust was broken. They now are seeking a way to get their loving relationship back through contrition and forgiveness, in your scenario.

This scenario doesn't apply to slavery PERIOD, because the slave and master relationship was never a love affair in the first place. There was never trust or any expectation of fidelity on the part of the master. There is no "honeymoon period" on which to refer or get back to.

It doesn't matter that slavery is an age old practice. It doesn't matter what color skin either party wears. Slavery was never a love affair that went off the rails. It was always a betrayal of humanity.

I find myself (a rare but nice thing) AGREEING with sokkie.

slavery is NO WHERE NEAR A "HONEYMOON"
IT IS NEVER A GOOD THING
that comparison is quite offensive.

yes there were slave owners that treated their slaves better than others
in no way does that ever say slavery is a good thing

scrounger

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The mouthpieces in favor of CRT are failures as humans, full stop.

Filipino workers enslaved in the ME, cartel slaves in Central & South America, mining slaves in Africa, hell -- Libya's a Ground Zero for barely concealed slave auctions today, and the Uighurs in China are both modern slaves, AND being genocided out of existence. They ARE China's version of the Native Americans in that regard, and the CRT folks don't say # about it. Useless lapdogs at best there, just yipping and making noise.

But they focus on dusty American history as a thing to fight & try to feel good over. They don't give a # about the existing LIVING human slaves on this rock, just long-dead ones they can twist and contort into some line of drivel to peddle.
edit on 11/2/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That's a lot of words to show that you have no idea what Critical Race Theory is.

If you have the courage to challenge your world view and learn something new, you can go to websites that discuss it honestly and - most importantly - listen to black people.

I understand if you prefer to stay in an echo chamber where white people discuss what black people should think.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

im sorry but teaching history (warts and all) is NOT THE SAME as "critical race theory"

that is (in a nutshell) "White people" are responsible for everything bad that happened "black people" and ONLY THEM.

along with "white people are still oppressors and have privilege over black people"

i see you dont get the lesson that every four year old learns/gets from seseme street
"one of these things is not like the other"

or more simply.....

you cant seem to tell the difference (deliberately maybe) between a turd and a bowling ball

scrounger

You're right. Your version of CRT is not like the real CRT.

Critical Race Theory is one tool to interpret historical evidence.

It does NOT say "White people" are responsible for everything bad that happened "black people" and ONLY THEM." or "white people are still oppressors and have privilege over black people".

It says state and social institutions and practices that have their roots in past racism. There are plenty of examples. eg Dred Scott. There is no blame, only historical facts.

It says that those practices favour white people. Again, there are plenty of examples eg COVID death rates in the UK. It does not say white people are oppressors, it does not say white people have privilege per se. It says that white people can be oppressed as well but not because of their skin colour.

This is not rocket science but I can see how it's scary enough for people to prefer a simpler, confrontational model.
edit on 2-11-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

So COVID deaths somehow are an indication of racism? COVID is racist ... I am sorry, but of all the things you might have chosen, a force of nature is probably the worst example.

In my mind, most CRT/SJW moaning boils down to - There are more of you and your group in society, and we aren't comfortable with that, so we're going to pretend that discomfort is active effort on you and group's part to make us feel bad because there aren't as many of us. And every bad thing that happens to us is part of this effort in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
I remember seeing this on a bathroom wall in the Admin building at the college i went to back in the late 1980s

"RACISM IS NOT A WHITE DISEASE"

Now you may have issues where i got this statement but its TRUTH cannot be denied.

"RACISM" is a disease that has EFFECTED PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS, RACES , NATIONALITIES, TRIBES, AND AT ALL TIMES.

there is no (ex) more "whites enslaving blacks" and no "whites have enslaved blacks for longer than any other time"

there is no "blacks cannot be racist" in america.

the very first step in dealing with racism is to admit this.

the second is that you can NEVER EVER TOTALLY END RACISM...

as long as people are different (and sure as hell NEVER WANT TO CHANGE THAT) racism will ALWAYS EXIST to some level.

the idea is to make it (for lack of a better example) like weeds.
deal with it when you find it, and limited it to an anomaly not the norm.

now how do you do this?

MLK stated how CLEARLY AND SIMPLY

"judge a man(woman) not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character"

if they act like a racist, thug, evil, good , kind, ect.
you treat them that way and THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN IS IRRELIVANT

along with "well in history XX happened" is IRRELIVANT

For example (and seen on many a MEME)

I have never been a slave owner and you have never picked cotton/been a slave"
I owe you NOTHING

i know this sounds so simple and YET IT IS.

critical race theory is nothing more than teaching RACISM.

scrounger

I agree with you, everyone and every culture is racist, once you all realize it the sooner we can stop talking about it. Geez!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

So every group and culture thinks it's inherently superior to all the rest? I am not 100% sure I agree with that. I do agree that we feel most comfortable with people like ourselves in various ways, but that's less racism than it is bias or prejudice.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sookie I see your point and I understand how you are dissecting what I've said and your not Wrong that is from a certain point of view your not wrong .

My example is just that an example and what I'm trying to get across is the reality of human relationships whether it's a
"couple" or an entire race .

There is no "honeymoon period" on which to refer or get back to.

My scenario does not require a "honey moon" phase , your splitting hairs suggesting that it does . It's simply an example of human emotion and forgiveness.
edit on 2-11-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Actually a much closer comparison between marriage and CRT would be a marriage counselor saying something like this.

to the husband. "your grandfather cheated on your grandmother. therefore you must apologize every day for his cheating, to your wife for what he did"

to the wife "Never allow your husband to live it down, constantly remind him of what his grandfather did and ensure that he is feeling guilty on a daily basis, also in turn your husband needs to bring up the infidelity of his grandfather on a daily basis and ask for your forgiveness. He must always concede in arguments and give you the high ground because his grandfather cheated on his wife. He must never let you forget or get over what his grandfather did, because of course if he did he may do so to you"

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Race theory?……yeah that.
Something’s working and working darn fast.
For instance……
Nearly all new commercials on tv use predominantly black actors all of a sudden.
LOL……it’s all so stupid.
Nothing at all against black people or any other race for that matter.
I don’t see color when looking at people but these commercials are so far over the top and in your face obvious it’s sickening.
Do the idiots at the wheel think people don’t see what they are doing???
Crazy world and it’s gonna get a whole lot worse, I have a book that I trust that kind of lays it all out.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Option # 1
Never allow the Boyfriend to live it down, constantly remind him of what he did and ensure that he is feeling guilty on a daily basis , also in turn the boyfriend needs to bring up the infidelity on a daily basis and ask for her forgiveness . He must always concede in arguments and give her the high ground because he cheated on her . He must never let her forget or get over what he did , because of course if he did he may do it again .

Option # 2
The Boyfriend apologizes to the girlfriend and asks for her forgiveness demonstrating in some way that he has learned from his mistakes , if she accepts his apology. Then the counselor instructs the couple to move on from the incident and avoid bringing it up as that will only open old wounds and never allow the couple to fully move on . The couple must build a new foundation of trust and understanding and learn to love each other all over again .

So which couple will survive ? Couple 1 or Couple 2

Not sure how any of this has anything to do with critical race theory, though. A relationship usually has a "honeymoon period". When was the honeymoon for slaves and their owners?

probably sometime in the stone age, before there are written records, when slavery likely started. although all things considered the Norse (aka vikings), had some decency for their slaves.

and i suspect that CRT just blatantly ignores that slavery is something that has been around and used by pretty much everyone, for thousands of years. and the fact that the abolishment of slavery was still a fairly new concept at the time of the civil war. and that it is still an ongoing issue in Africa today.

i also bet that they don't teach that slavery did not start in North America by the Europeans. but that the natives actually gave Europeans some of their slaves as a token of friendship/buying them off, not long after they arrived. or that in what was to become the US, the changing of laws to be able to permanently own black slaves, as opposed to the then currant laws allowing only a time limited indentured service. was due to a black man. taking the matter to court when he refused to lawfully release a black indentured servant, in the lawful time period. thus having the laws changed to allow the permanent ownership of black slaves. or that black people owned slaves, just as not all white people owned slaves. or that only the very rich (those we call the 1% today), could even afford to own many slaves, such as the big plantations, which is shown as stereotypical slavery of the time. since the value of a slave was like the price of a nice brand new car today, and most people could only afford one or two, likely older and worn out at that, if any. just as many today can only afford a car or two, likely older and beat up, if any.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm critical of every race, in theory. Do I get a biscuit? 😉

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

so are you saying there was never a time where people just got along? Black History Before Slavery: perhaps this guy can help?

But we should really be dealing with TODAY not yesteryear.

Slavery in the 21st century continues and generates $150 billion in annual profits; modern transportation has made human trafficking easier.[10] Regions with armed conflict have vulnerable populations.[11] In 2019 there were an estimated 40 million people worldwide subject to some form of slavery, 25% of them children.[10] 61%[nb 1] are used for forced labor, mostly in the private sector. 38%[nb 2] live in forced marriages.[10] Other types of modern slavery are child soldiers, sex trafficking, and sexual slavery.
source

If you really think that none of the slaves of today never initially grew up in a safe environment until civil war change the politics you're missing some education.

Perhaps some reading on how to handle moving forward The Justice and Reconciliation Process in Rwanda

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

so are you saying there was never a time where people just got along?

No, there wasn't. There has always been war, and the spoils of war, like slavery. There have always been greedy people willing kidnap and sell people for a profit. Not mention people willing to sell their own sons and daughters to get out of debt.

If you really think that none of the slaves of today never initially grew up in a safe environment until civil war change the politics you're missing some education.

None of the slaves of today, or yesterday, were in a loving relationship with their slave masters, that went off the rails because the slaves found out their masters betrayed their trust by screwing other slaves too. LOL

The OP's comparison of CRT and slavery being like a couple struggling with infidelity's just doesn't work.

Critical Race Theory is a college level legal study course that tries to identify the roots and methods of systemic racism in the USA. CRT isn't anything like being in a relationship with a woman who can't forgive her cheating spouse.

edit on 2-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

Actually a much closer comparison between marriage and CRT would be a marriage counselor saying something like this.

to the husband. "your grandfather cheated on your grandmother. therefore you must apologize every day for his cheating, to your wife for what he did"

to the wife "Never allow your husband to live it down, constantly remind him of what his grandfather did and ensure that he is feeling guilty on a daily basis, also in turn your husband needs to bring up the infidelity of his grandfather on a daily basis and ask for your forgiveness. He must always concede in arguments and give you the high ground because his grandfather cheated on his wife. He must never let you forget or get over what his grandfather did, because of course if he did he may do so to you"

This is a much more accurate representation of the Lefts approach to Racism .

Good Job mate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join