It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Vast Military-Style Campaign’ to ‘Radically Transform’ Global Economy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MDDoxs

Will this be your war cry as you battle Prince Charles on?

Wouldn't bet against me.

Americans have a pretty good track record when it comes to British royalty.

Alright Mel.

I apologize for being so competitive.

So, what do you propose? Continue our industrial growth and development, pollution be damned and let mother earth sort us all out one way or the other?

I hate being apathetic.

Did Charles say what he's going to do about China and India, if China's emissions are more than all the developed nations put together then why is the priority from our perspective only focusing on ourselves when no matter what we do it won't make any difference.
What we see on the news about how the world is going to end if we in the west don't make changes doesn't have any meaning when no matter what we do it wont make any difference.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Because what it's ALL really about isn't saving the planet.

It IS all about making our existence as miserable as possible.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

Thank you for your comment.

The Climate does just fine all on it's own...mr..."we should control it"...

Irrespectively...I disagree...

You are welcome to disagree with me. Would you rather let our fates to be dictated by the planet we inhabit? What not try and reduce earthquakes, tornadoes, etc. to reduce the loss of life? And, why not artificially promote rainfall or sunlight to increase prosperity?

We will control it...eventually.

We should let Neo's poor thread die and start a fresh one to debate the subject.

Ummm...I'm an extremely science-minded person...I love factual information...my true love however...is logic...

As the persons formerly living on the currently erupting La Palma volcano in the Canary Islands can attest...probably not a good idea to live on an active volcano...

The earth is going to do...what the earth is going to do...
Attempting to control an active volcanic system is the height of hubris...let alone thinking that we can somehow mitigate the clash of tectonic plates and subduction...again hubris...

I'm also sure that ego will somehow justify efforts at mitigating natural effects...and be shamed into acquiescing to the fact that some things are better left to their own devices...their own natural rhythms and cyclical patterns...

There's no logic in pseudo science...and no science in consensus...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Charles is opening his mouth where he should not. In 1640 the English chopped the head off King Charles the first because he kept meddling in affairs of state. Then in 1660 they invited his son (who would become King Charles the second) to become King on one condition, that from that date forward (and that includes today) the royalty were to have no say in the affairs of state and that includes giving his opinion to the worlds leaders.
If you wish to look it up it's the 1660 act of restoration.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

‘Vast Military-Style Campaign’

Well, you managed to sensationalize this single phrase into a whole thread. "Style"
being the operative word here...of course you jump to violence and bombing, perhaps he meant military-style coordination or planning? Lets hope better than the US withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Climate change is occurring, with the help of humankind's direct impact or not, the world is potentially becoming less hospitable for us. Like with our technological development throughout time, why would we not want to take control of our global climate to better suit our needs?

OP seems to be smart enough to realize BS when he sees it. Do you have any evidence to prove that cutting down carbon emissions will reduce the global climate? Anyways look...they've lied to us before, why would they tell the truth now? 10 years they say right? the rules that only apply to the 99.9% of us.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

...the British royal said that as many countries in the world are unable to make the necessary investments into so-called green technologies...

Even IF Global Warming was man-made, then you'd think it would seem logical that those smaller countries who are "unable to make the necessary investments" probably aren't the one's causing most of the problems.

“The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us just how devastating a global cross-border threat can be, climate change and biodiversity loss are no different.

Really Chuck? A virus created in a lab is no different from climate change? The Earth's climate changed long before human's came around, and it will continue to change long after we're gone.

Lol he's dead wrong one is natural and the other well it was created in a lab.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Would someone please translate royal fool speak for the rest of us?

What does a vast global military-style campaign look like to the little people?

I'm reading it as rationing, blackouts, and other mandates backed by "emergency" powers that'll become permanent.

But if he wants to start an actual military campaign, go for it. Thousands of gallons of jet and diesel fuel per hour to fight carbon?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

COP26 Reset: Prince Charles Calls for ‘Vast Military-Style Campaign’ to ‘Radically Transform’ Global Economy

On this episode of the cult of climatological bullsnip. We have Prince Chuckie Cheeze.

Prince Charles, Duke of Edinburgh, called on the governments of the world to take a “war-like footing” to solve the supposed climate crisis.

“The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us just how devastating a global cross-border threat can be, climate change and biodiversity loss are no different. In fact, they pose an even greater existential threat, to the extent that we have to put ourselves on what might be called a war-like footing,” Charles said.

Say WhaT ?

So are we going to start killing people, bombing business's back to the stone age?

Are we gonna use the bovine equalivent of agent orange to get rid of cow farts ?

Are we have to live in constant fear of getting renditioned because we urinated on the lawn, or drive an suv, or as TreeHugger put it the other day GM should ban the Yukon because it looks mean or some snip?

Would someone please translate royal fool speak for the rest of us?

What does a vast global military-style campaign look like to the little people?

I retort.

You decide.

Let's save the planet or some snip.

Claiming that “time has quite literally run out”, the British royal said that as many countries in the world are unable to make the necessary investments into so-called green technologies, it will be up to richer nations to marshal “a vast military-style campaign” with “trillions at its disposal” to fight climate change.

Move over nation building.

We're gonna world build.

F Charles
And F the brits for not taking care of this twit sooner.
Dump the monarchs already limeys!

And you toothless lot wonder why we don't take you seriously.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh I don't know about the volcano thing. Most volcanic systems are so infrequently active that living near them isn't all that bad a bet. The farmland is rich and the odds that they'll pop off in your lifetime are miniscule. Thing is that you will lose it all if you lose that bet, but you have better odds than most any other natural disaster of never having to deal with it.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: MDDoxs

There's no proof at all anywhere that Humans are causing any Global Climate Change 🚨🚨

I respectfully disagree.

Regardless, we should want to control our global climate to better support our needs. It will require massive coordination and resources to achieve it.

Hahaha
"Control our global climate"
Really????
Are you Dr. Evil?
Lol as if we could control the climate?
Too freaking funny
Ahahahahahahaha

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Are we have to live in constant fear of getting renditioned because we urinated on the lawn, or drive an suv, or as TreeHugger put it the other day GM should ban the Yukon because it looks mean or some snip?

Treehugger has been complaining about the design of pickup trucks for years. We have noted research that shows it is "disproportionately likely to kill." As the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) noted, it's mostly because of that big flat billboard of a front end.

The IIHS states in a report:

"The elevated injury risk associated with LTVs [Light Truck Vehicles] seems to stem from their higher leading edge, which tends to impart greater injury to the middle and upper body (including the thorax and abdomen) than cars, which instead tend to cause injury to the lower extremities."

TreeHugger

Technology Safety package.

www.gmc.com...

One of the safest vehicles out

9 cameras.

Forward collision alert.

Lane keeping.

The Cadillac Escalade has even more bells and whistles.

The Tahoe,Escalade,Yukon are all built on the same chasis.

A world with Chuck and his accolites in charge is not one I would want to live in.

edit on 1-11-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is Biden's way of Global Climate control ..... ROFLMAO

US coal shipments to China surge more than 30-fold amid Australian trade dispute🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

U.S. coal shipments to China leaped more than 30-fold in the second quarter, as miners took further advantage of the Asian powerhouse's prolonged trade dispute with Australia.

Deliveries surpassed 2.4 million tonnes compared to just 75,000 tonnes a year earlier, according to an S&P Global Market Intelligence analysis of industry data. The surge fueled a 53% jump to 20.6 million tonnes in U.S. coal exports, along with rebounds in India, Japan, Brazil and most other major markets following 2020 pandemic slowdowns.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thank you for your comment.

The Climate does just fine all on it's own...mr..."we should control it"...

Irrespectively...I disagree...

You are welcome to disagree with me. Would you rather let our fates to be dictated by the planet we inhabit? What not try and reduce earthquakes, tornadoes, etc. to reduce the loss of life? And, why not artificially promote rainfall or sunlight to increase prosperity?

We will control it...eventually.

We should let Neo's poor thread die and start a fresh one to debate the subject.

I would definitely let my life "be dictated by the planet we inhabit" before I let a bunch of self servant psychopaths regulate every aspect of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am convinced only people who live indoors think earth has a thermostat.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

US coal shipments to China surge more than 30-fold amid Australian trade dispute🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

U.S. coal shipments to China leaped more than 30-fold in the second quarter, as miners took further advantage of the Asian powerhouse's prolonged trade dispute with Australia.

Deliveries surpassed 2.4 million tonnes compared to just 75,000 tonnes a year earlier, according to an S&P Global Market Intelligence analysis of industry data. The surge fueled a 53% jump to 20.6 million tonnes in U.S. coal exports, along with rebounds in India, Japan, Brazil and most other major markets following 2020 pandemic slowdowns.

Oh yeah
As long as its not burned in the usa there are no negative climate effects.
Lololol
Jackasses

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 1-11-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am convinced only people who live indoors think earth has a thermostat.

They are less dangerous than the ones who think we can control the planet.
Next they will have you try and make it spin faster.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

www.breitbart.com...

Lets go brandon!

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Don't you know only white people create climate oppressive carbon?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh I don't know about the volcano thing. Most volcanic systems are so infrequently active that living near them isn't all that bad a bet. The farmland is rich and the odds that they'll pop off in your lifetime are miniscule. Thing is that you will lose it all if you lose that bet, but you have better odds than most any other natural disaster of never having to deal with it.

Ummm...I know...just ask the former residents of La Palma...

At least someone rescued those starving dogs that the residents left behind as they fled...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join