It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawley trying to stop women from registering for selective service

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There is no draft.

Right. I should have said the Selective Service Registration, which is a compulsory registration for "the draft", should be eliminated altogether. If Josh Hawley didn't think it was possible to draft our daughters, he wouldn't be so upset.

In fact, the President can reinstate the draft at any time.

The President is authorized, from time to time,
whether or not a state of war exists, to select and induct into the
Armed Forces of the United States for training and service in the
manner provided in this title (including but not limited to selection
and induction by age group or age groups) such number of persons
as may be required to provide and maintain the strength of the
Armed Forces.

www.sss.gov...

I'd rather be talking about this!

Wyden, Paul, DeFazio, Davis Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Abolish the Selective Service
With No Draft Since 1973, Selective Service Costs $25 Million in Taxpayer Dollars Per Year to Upkeep
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Rand Paul, R-Ky., and U.S. Representatives Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., and Rodney Davis, R-Ill., today introduced a bicameral, bipartisan bill to end the Selective Service.

“No young person, regardless of gender, should be subject to a military draft or be forced to register for a draft in the United States. The military draft registration system is an unnecessary, wasteful bureaucracy which unconstitutionally violates Americans’ civil liberties and unfairly subjects individuals who fail to register for the draft to unnecessarily severe, lifelong penalties – penalties which disproportionately affect low-income Americans. We should be abolishing military draft registration altogether, not expanding it, which is why I’m proud to reintroduce the Selective Service Repeal Act in the House,” DeFazio said.

www.wyden.senate.gov...

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: scrounger
Who are 'them'?

seriously your asking this?

what level of DENIAL , closing your eyes , fingers in your ears and going LALALLALAAL you have.

oh lets see

NOW
the democrats
nancy palosi
hillory clinton
and many many more
hell goggle search doesnt even need .025 sec to give you a list of people/groups/politicians calling for "female equality" and "females are same as males"

btw just to save you some further silly comments...

water is wet and been such .

do you need a list of "them" that claim this?

scrounger

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Big changes since then, I just put in my papers after 20 years in the USAF active and reserves (joined in '97 had a 4 yr break).

The take care of one another is just a slogan now, they will grind new people to dust and if they handle the load grind them down over the next 4-6 yrs. Every change to the Epr system took the worst aspects of the '90s and enshrined it in regs.

In a 2 year span I watched a half dozen young airmen working hard on their degree to try for commissioning instead say piss on it and started counting their days till DOS, wouldnt even entertain the idea of cross training.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Even when I was homeless I never thought of asking the government for anything.

And I never will.

There are those who can not survive without it. And I fight for their right to have it. And I'm happy that my tax dollars go to fund it.
I'm just not one of those. The strong protect the weak. And that's how it should be.
I am strong even when I have nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join