It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawley trying to stop women from registering for selective service

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Not all women want this. I don't think any woman wants this as long as they have the right to volunteer.

edit on 1-11-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

Of course women should register right beside their brothers. But, eliminating the draft altogether is a better idea.

I'd prefer 2 year mandatory service and then be done with it.

I don't like the idea of a draft -- where they can call you up at anytime in your life.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Edumakated

Not all women want this. I don't think any woman wants this as long as they have the right to volunteer.

You'd be wrong.

Women who support equality want equality. Which includes the Draft.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I'm not getting the argument on this. You feel it's communist, but I don't understand why. We have biological differences, but women have proved themselves in the military for years now, and with equality comes equality.

We don't have the draft anymore, this is just a means to keep the names of those of age in the database. I'd like to better understand your point if you could clarify it.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not opposed to that. But it feels like forced, specialized, community college, away from home that you get paid to attend.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not all women see being forced into the military as being equal. That idea is absurd. Only the far left, equal rights zealots would even propose this asinine idea.

For starters, we don't even draft men into the military at this time, so why in the hell would some communist jelot even suggest drafting women during these times and circumstances. Especially when forces are doing what they can to drive independent thinkers out of the military by forcing a deadly vaccination upon them, all the while building an all volunteer military that could easily turn against the citizenry?

This is just another part in parcel to subvert and destroy civil and moral society here in the US...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Do you think killing other people is ok just because your government tells you to?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not all women see being forced into the military as being equal.

Most men equally don't like it, either.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Do you think killing other people is ok just because your government tells you to?

Seriously, WFT are you talking about? This thread has to do with a resolution for women to register for the selective service along with men. There isn't a draft anymore, those who join the military do so of their own volition. Would you care to elaborate on your point now that the thread has been explained yet again?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Dude, one can not even begin to compare Israel to the United States, and you know this. You are just being argumentative...

Israel is one of the smallest nations on the planet, with an even smaller population. Your comparisons are absurd and you know it.

Some people just have to be confrontational. Is it for attention?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

you do understand this is not drafting women into the service, but making them file for selective service, just as men are supposed to, correct?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First, a draft is a complete political non-starter. The ONLY way one is happening, is response to a national emergency of such scale we'd need every able-bodied person into uniforms. Why does Congress keep bringing it up?

As for the OP and original question, why not? Plenty of non-combat jobs to do. Allow the option to volunteer to combat roles, WITH FULL UNDERSTANDING they will be held to the same training and standards as men.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Dude, one can not even begin to compare Israel to the United States, and you know this.

Are they Commies? No? Then your absurd argument is absurd.

I see you also left out the Commies of Norway.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Of course women should register right beside their brothers. But, eliminating the draft altogether is a better idea.

I don't like the idea of a draft -- where they can call you up at anytime in your life.

I've always thought society would benefit from a 2 year mandatory service. A lot of directionless kids could use some discipline and skills. We'd also have a workforce available to do things such as maintain national parks, borders, and other infrastructure like services that are short on man power.

I'd suspect the left would be against it though as it might reduce their voter rolls when people have pride in their country.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Basically, this means that if we ever have a national emergency or war that the all-volunteer military can't adequately support, Congress and the president can reinstate the draft and force male citizens to serve in the military.

While women have not been excluded from combat service since 2013, they currently are not required to register for the draft. The law as it's written now refers specifically to "male persons" in stating who must register and who would be drafted. For women to be required to register with the selective service, Congress would have to change the law.

www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I am a man. I have said my piece here, and no further discussion, by me or anyone else, will reinforce my opinion or change it.
You have my blessing to continue on defending your absurd proposal, with members more willing than I to slug fest back and forth with you.

I said my piece here.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As a female and mother of three daughters, I do not have an issue if they had to sign up for selective service. They know of many females who elected to join the military.

That said, I hope there is not a reason we have to draft soldiers again.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Women, normal, average women are not soldier material. They are not men. They don't want to be men. They can't be forced ti join because most are not able to physically and mentally.
In case the incel group here hasn't noticed that women are very different from men. That's why we don't often work in coal mines, oil rigs etc.
Some women, very few can. Maybe they should be able to. They often have more testosterone than the average incel on this thread.

However, I don't mind repeating this ad nauseum. Equal human rights, like being allowed to drive, vote, not being raped, joining jobs we can easily do without injury, etc does NOT mean we want everything and do everything and be like men.
Most know we are not the same physically, despite some chin maskers trying to make this a myth.

If women wanted war and fighting, they would have done so throughout history. We have different brains, hormones an bodies. Mostly geared towards giving birth and being nuturing.

Stop perpetuating this woman hating crap. I know the group here on ATS that is bitter because ladies ignore them.
Could it be your illogical and dumb beliefs put thinking women off?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Women, normal, average women are not soldier material.

There's a lot more to our military than boots on the ground.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There's a lot more to our military than boots on the ground.

Women need to be in military intelligence because it would go like this...

United States: "Italy's new tank looks amazing..."

Germany: "OMG! I can't believe you are cheating on me with that slut!"

United States: "Uh, what?"

Germany: "I see the way you're looking at France's artillery too..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join