It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawley trying to stop women from registering for selective service

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., filed an amendment Monday in an attempt to prevent Democrats from requiring women to register for the military draft – something he says is out of step with the American public.

Senate Armed Services Chair Jack Reed, D-R.I., had proposed changing the National Defense Authorization Act's language to require all "all Americans," rather than males, register for the draft. The current proposal uses the gender neutral "person."

www.foxnews.com...

I'm not sure what the "against" is all about. We have come a long way in the US, and gender equality is a big part of how we operate. There are differences between men and women, but the way the military is structured, women have a role to play just as men do. The draft isn't a thing anymore, and likely won't be unless we screw up massively more than we are currently.

So what do you have to say ATS? Should women have to register on their 18th birthday just as men do? I can't see why not, but maybe I'm missing something.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Since women want equality, they should have to register...

My issue is women want selective equality. Making them register for draft cuts through all the BS.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Should women have to register on their 18th birthday just as men do? I can't see why not, but maybe I'm missing something.

I never registered for any draft when I turned 18 many years ago.
Is this a new thing? or does this mean I'm a draft dodger?

I thought that crap ended some time in the middle of the 2nd half of the 20th century.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think equal is equal. We can all share in the glory, but we all have to put in the time the same way to get there. I just don't get the opposition to this.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Cannon fodder knows no gender.

I am all for draft equality.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So what do you have to say ATS? Should women have to register on their 18th birthday just as men do? I can't see why not, but maybe I'm missing something.

Of course they should, if Gal Friggin Gadot can do it so can every American broad.

edit on 1-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
*shrugs*

Once upon a time I was more idealistic and would have been outraged...

Now I think equal is equal, considering how few can actually meet the physical standard for military service now a bigger pool of potential service seems like the only route forward.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

in the US, every male at age 18 is supposed to register for the selective service. I don't know how well it's monitored, I did register, and have also served by choice. Once you have done your service (8 years some can be inactive reserve) you are no longer subject to recall.

www.sss.gov...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The Draft ended, but the registration didn't. I don't know your age, but, if you are under 25 I suggest that you register. Down the road if you have to deal with the Federal Government, it could come back to haunt you.

I was on active duty in the Navy when my registration deadline passed, so I thought nothing of it. By the time my active duty and reserve time expired I was old enough that I didn't have to register. It wasn't until I was going to college and applying for Student Aid that it came back to haunt me. I was denied admission to the college because I hadn't registered. I was 32 years old, with an Honorable Discharge, a Disabled Veteran and they were screwing with me because I hadn't registered. I got a hold of the right person at the Department of Veteran's Affairs and got it straightened out, but, all it takes is one Public Sector Union a$$hole.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Of course they should, if Gal Friggin Gadot can do it so can every American broad.

I'd throw in the cavoite that if they choose to be barefoot and in the kitchen making sammiches, that's a viable alternative.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

In principle: sure. But I see myself more likely dying as proud sniper defending mine and me from the nation and not defending it.
If they use the draft for national emergencies like say hypothetically culling the unvaxxed ...
Sorry I'm pacifist, would love to but I can't.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'd throw in the cavoite that if they choose to be barefoot and in the kitchen making sammiches, that's a viable alternative.

So, like K.P. duty but for even less pay? Me likey...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Of course she's Israeli. They've been doing it for years. We stopped in Haifa a long time ago, for liberty. I ran into this hot little brown haired girl. We were sitting at a sidewalk café when she asked me to reach in her bag and hand her, her cigarettes. I had to move the Uzi and two grenades to get to them. She was IDF and on duty for the weekend. Needless to say, I did nothing that she didn't want me to do.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Of course she's Israeli.

She could probably run you down with heels and a gown on and then choke you out.

The above might not necessarily be a bad thing but setting that aside if she can do it so can everyone else, she actually served, this is just a sign up being discussed.

edit on 1-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Hell no. This is another attempt by the democrats to destroy the family unit in this nation and conform to the hive mentality that is communism. Only a communist nation would force women into serving in the military. This proposal is totally communist in nature and has no place here in a supposedly free society. Not when there are more than enough men to fill the needs to protect the nation.

This proposal is communism through and through....

edit on 1-11-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Only a communist nation would force women into serving in the military.

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. Norway also has compulsory service, they are not a communist country.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

She could probably run you down with heels and a gown on and then choke you out.

Can you arrange it?

link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

The Draft ended, but the registration didn't. I don't know your age, but, if you are under 25 I suggest that you register. Down the road if you have to deal with the Federal Government, it could come back to haunt you.

Nah, it would've been a couple decades ago. I know I never went anywhere to register. It's possible I did it while in High School, but I don't remember ever doing it, nor do I remember anyone ever telling me I was supposed to. I don't know. It doesn't really matter now. I'm probably not one, but I just never even considered the possibility that I might be a draft dodger...

eta: After thinking about it, this was probably one of those times my mom handed me a paper and said, "You need to sign this." and then she mailed it off.
edit on 11/1/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

link   

Of course women should register right beside their brothers. But, eliminating the draft altogether is a better idea.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes, all citizens should be registered for the draft.

Gender / non-Gender

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join