It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Got My Hair Back With Aspirin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Just the fact that you are paying attention in the interest of her
is beautiful in terms of husbandry. God bless the both of you.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Randyvine2

Thanks! I hope so too. I feel so bad for her, she's had a rough couple years health wise and this is just like a kick when she's already down.

Hair is something that us women have strong emotional attachments to. It had less to do with vanity, than it does identity.

From childhood we are taught that being a girl or a woman, came with having a long flowing mane of hair.

Like much else in our lives, most of us have had love hate relationship with our hair. I have had my moments of anger and frustration with my hair, and I have had all out, full battles with my hair. Over time this relationship mellowed.

My first act of rebellion happened in my teens, when I was tired of having to rely on my mother to do my hair for me, so out came the scissors and off came my hair.

My Mother was not upset at all, but my Father had a complete mental breakdown. He could not look at me for weeks, without his eyes filling with tears. I can still, after all this years hear my Mother telling him over and over, "It is just hair." "It will grow back."

It did of course, and with time I learned to care for it myself. The military caused me to chop it off the second time, because I got tired of being chastised for my unruly locks coming loose and touching my shoulders.

After that it was a matter of ease of function. If my lifestyle required me to have to hit the ground running, and I had little self time, off came the hair.

Now, I pretty much don't care if it is long or short. I just want some left on my head. Though I know that I will eventual make peace with my bald head when the time comes.

Afterall, it is just as my Mom said all those years ago, "It is just hair". The only difference is that at this stage of my life, it may not grow back.

I think it is my hair's time to rebel. Perfect timing too, because I am too old to really care, and too tired to fight.

I was reminded of this as I read your post.

LMAO not at you but hopefully with you.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

I wasn't quite that angry, and it surely didn't grow back that fast.

I wish it had, after pissing of my Dad. I tip toed around my Dad for weeks. I was as quiet, reverent, and as sweet, as I could be, because my Dad was not happy. Back then you did not want to antagonize a Dad that was not happy.

I loved the book, but I was not that thrilled with the movie. Though Kristen was awesome in her role.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I wish my girls would help with that chore.. 4 long haired ladies (and all 3 of my girls have the thickest hair I have ever seen) make for a lot of shower drain chinchillas. 🤮

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I wish my girls would help with that chore..

Have you considered withholding the regularly scheduled nocturnal meal and remanding them to an early sleep session?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That is cruel and unusual punishment.

You can go to jail for that.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
You can go to jail for that.

LOL. Wouldn't be the first time.

Today.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I go to bed as early as I possibly can, usually before the girls fall asleep. I gotta have my sleep.
As far as withholding the evening nourishment... I cannot, as they are capable of fending for themselves at this point. Confiscating electronic devices would be the best avenue to attain my ends.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I see it was already touched on that aspirin does wonders topically. A friend of mine with thinner hair soaks her hair in white willow bark tea, it seems to do the same thing as aspirin (well, it's the original source of it before synthesizing, so...)

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

I pulled a giant chinchilla out of the drain this weekend.

I got you both beat -- I have to snake TF out of the drain to remove Cousin It twice a year. Removing Cousin It is why we have a drain snake in the first place...

It's all my hair, too. My scalp is one furry bastard up there.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Snakes in a Drain, starring Nyiah.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Anyone try this yet?

It is too early to have noticed any difference in growth, but any difference noted in hair loss?

My bald patches are gone, and my thin areas are thickening up nicely.

I cut the washing down to once or twice a week only. I have made a scalp spritz of aspirin water that I use for scalp itch. I don't have to use it as much now that the weather has gotten cooler. I leave it in after using it, and I rinse my hair lightly when I shower in the mornings.

Interesting in seeing if it worked for anyone else.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I see it was already touched on that aspirin does wonders topically. A friend of mine with thinner hair soaks her hair in white willow bark tea, it seems to do the same thing as aspirin (well, it's the original source of it before synthesizing, so...)

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

I pulled a giant chinchilla out of the drain this weekend.

I got you both beat -- I have to snake TF out of the drain to remove Cousin It twice a year. Removing Cousin It is why we have a drain snake in the first place...

It's all my hair, too. My scalp is one furry bastard up there.

Another benefit. I have almost zero hair loss when washing or when I do my daily rinse.

I used to comb out a massive nest daily. Now I only get a few strands when brushing or combing.

I started keeping it cut short because it hide the bald spots and the thinning better. I am letting it grow out, just see how well that goes, but I love the ease of wash and go hair, when it is short. It is reaching the nuisance length now. The pull back, little ponytail, hidden with clips stage.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Have you tried this product?

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I found this cute video that i think may have shed a little light on why the aspirin shampoo seems to be working so well for me.

Salicylic acid

Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxyl acid keratinolytic agent that is useful in removing scaly hyperkeratotic skin. It decreases cell-to-cell adhesion between corneocytes. This agent is widely used in the AD preparations.

Tar

Tar is widely used in the treatment of psoriasis and found to be very effective in dandruff as well.[37] The staining properties, odor and mess in using tar limit its choice. Tar preparation work through antiproliferative and cytostatic effects, although definitive analysis is difficult because of the large number of biologically active components in coal tar. Tar products disperse scales, which may reduce Malassezia colonization. In the mouse model, it was found that topical application of tar suppresses epidermal DNA synthesis.[37]

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I got another good news report. One of my co-workers has been using the aspirin water since mid December and she reports she has a noticeable decrease in her bald spots. She said she also noticed that a lot of her grey hair is gone.

I noticed that my gray hairs and my mother's gray hairs are near gone, in fact, my mother's hair is darker than I have ever seen it. She was blonde as a child and was a dirty blonde the rest of her life. Now at darn near 90 years old, she is now a brunette. We wondered if it was the aspirin water, now we are pretty sure it is due to the aspirin water.

I am not claiming that aspirin water works for everyone, but my co-worker is one more that I can add to the list.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just got my first report from a male.

He started using it around Thanksgiving. He called me and told me that he was getting dressed this morning, and his wife came over and started inspecting his hair. He said she asked him what was he doing, because his hair was growing back.

He said he still hasn't told her about the aspirin water yet, because he wants to keep her unbiased. He said he thought it was working, and is feeling more confident that it is really working.

It is still working very well for me. I have no bald spots. I do still have one area that is thinner, but everyone claims they don't "see" it, just by looking at my hair.

He couldn't report on the color changes. His hair was always dark and he had no gray hairs.

So it is looking like if it is going to work for you, it will take about three months to see a significant change, but I would not give up if the results are slower for some. It doesn't cost much, it is easy to do. Now, I just keep it in my shower and do a daily rinse. even if I don't shampoo my hair.

There is no one size fits all for everyone, but I hope that this does help some.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, I had bought the asprin, and then promptly forgot about it.
I actually said something to the hubby about this last night, so we are both going to give it a try. Mine is just thinning, he has a large bald patch.

Fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, I had bought the asprin, and then promptly forgot about it.
I actually said something to the hubby about this last night, so we are both going to give it a try. Mine is just thinning, he has a large bald patch.

Fingers crossed.

I am hoping that it works for the both of you.

I use one aspirin for each ounce of water. I shampoo with it two to three times a week, and I rinse with it daily, but you will make your own routine.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join