It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Got My Hair Back With Aspirin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I had been slowly losing my hair for years. I finally reached the point where it was very, very, noticeable.

Female pattern baldness runs in the family, so I felt it was just another family curse I would have to live with. Until I stumbled on a bottle of Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo, and remembered, my mother used to use it on my hair when I was younger. Back then my hair was below my butt, and was thick as a clusia hedge. Trying to do my own hair, back then, was a tiresome and painful nightmare. So my poor mother had to do it for me.

Anyway, I was hit with a wave of nostalgia, so I thought I would give it a try. I noticed there were two different bottles. I looked at the ingredients to see what was different between the two. I saw coal tar was the main ingredient in one, the original formula, and the other's main ingredient was salicylic acid. Aspirin.

I decided to investigate. A little research showed some positive information about the use of aspirin in hair care, so I decided to give it a try. Now I am way too cheap to buy a bottle of aspirin shampoo, when I had a huge bottle of aspirin in my medicine cabinet. I dissolved eight aspirin tablets in a quarter cup of water, added some of my regular shampoo, and washed my hair. I left the solution on my hair for about 30 minutes, and rinsed it out.

First thing I noticed, was that it stripped my hair of all trace of any products I had used on my hair before. It is definitely an excellent hair clarifying agent. After applying a little conditioner to make it manageable, I was in love. I liked the way it made my hair feel, and how it looked. I used my homemade aspirin shampoo three times a week to start, then dropped down to twice a week.

Now it has been about four months, and I can definitely see a difference. I didn't realize how noticeable to others my baldness was before, until I had three different people ask me what I was using on my hair, because it was so much thicker. I have no more bald spots. Some areas are still thinner, but the hair is growing back fairly quickly.

So I am sharing this with you all. I hope it works for you. It doesn't cost anything more. Just grab those aspirin tablets out of the cabinet, dissolve them, and add to your favorite shampoo.

Extra tip.
Don't use enteric coated aspirin.

Sometimes I strain the dissolved aspirin, sometimes I don't. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

edit on 31-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hmm. Thanks, we'll give that a try. My wife a few months ago developed a smallish bald spot near the back of her head. It's since grown larger. (Her mother had very thin hair when she got older as well).

The wife's doc's did blood tests, checked hormones all that stuff. Everything normal. So they say go to a dermatologist or try rogaine. I think we'll try your method first, as she really doesn't want another doctor appt to go to at the moment.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I may have to try this,my hair is so thin I have to keep
it short.I would love to have long hair just one more
time in my life.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
aspirin increases blood flow, even topically, so the roots of the hair are getting more blood supply. That makes perfect sense. Certain sulfur soaps can also work too, but they have created some chemistries that are not good. Lanoic acid or lanolyn is a product from sheep fur or a chemical similar to wool and many people are allergic to wool. They put it into soap to pinken the skin to make you look better...people think pink is nice I guess. But most people are sensitive to it and it can cause inflammation of the scalp in those people which lowers blood flow to the folicals.

I did a lot of research on this, it was very time intensive and hard on the eyes. But since I am sensitive to so many shampoos and half the soaps I had to investigate why. I now am doing a lot better, choosing soaps and shampoos that fit my body better. Trouble is they keep changing formulas...which sucks, you have to keep your eyes open.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

time in my life.

My hair is getting thin and turning white...because I am getting OLD. I accept that to preserve my old body so I can live longer that unnecessary things for survival will suffer. I had lots of hair with little thinning or balding compared to my brother and father most of my life, I am happy I still have what I have up there.....I am OLD now.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I have enough hair for six people, I have a secret too.

I have washed my hair every single day for as long as I can remember.
People think washing will reduce hair, but I truly believe the opposite.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

WOW!!!
That is amazing!

Do you use any color treatments on your hair?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to try it, but your mention that it acted like a clarifying agent makes me wonder if I can try it.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I have enough hair for six people, I have a secret too.

I have washed my hair every single day for as long as I can remember.
People think washing will reduce hair, but I truly believe the opposite.

I have done that is spells.

When I worked during the day, I would wash my hair daily. When I worked at night, I would wash it two to three times a week.

The frequency for me, didn't seem to make a difference.

Unfortunately, the thinning hair with age gene, is a family thing. My aunt had hair that was ridiculously thick, and it touched the floor, but with age it thinned, she had so many bald spots, she had to cut it almost all off.

I don't think I am going to be able to ever get it back as thick as it was, but at least the bald spots are gone, for now.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

WOW!!!
That is amazing!

Do you use any color treatments on your hair?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to try it, but your mention that it acted like a clarifying agent makes me wonder if I can try it.

No. That is another family gene thing. The females don't gray much with age. My great grandmother was 99 years old, and didn't have a gray hair on her head. I have a few here and there, but not much more than that.

I try to avoid using chemicals on my hair.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Lucky...good genes.
I'm blessed with some good genes as well, good skin runs in the family.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ive heard my sisters say they won the genetic lottery. Dads family is Armenian Italian, and they live into their 90s. Dad will be 95 this year. They stay young looking too. Oily skin. Gotta wash the sheets every other week, but its worth it to look 20 years younger then you are

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
probaby plays donkeykong on snes
i think that is the key.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The wife's doc's did blood tests, checked hormones all that stuff. Everything normal. So they say go to a dermatologist or try rogaine. I think we'll try your method first, as she really doesn't want another doctor appt to go to at the moment.

OMGosh! Do you realize what kind of hero status you're looking at
if this works for your wife? I hope it helps her amigo. It's hard
enough on some of us guys when this happens. But for women
that just ain't ain't right. Good luck

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Thanks! I hope so too. I feel so bad for her, she's had a rough couple years health wise and this is just like a kick when she's already down.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

time in my life.

my wife has long hair, and it's my job to remove chewbaca from the drain each morning. My grandson also has an issue with loose hair. He points them out as if someone needs to remove them NOW! She is beautiful and her hair is long at my request, but it comes with a price.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I pulled a giant chinchilla out of the drain this weekend.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Randyvine2

Thanks! I hope so too. I feel so bad for her, she's had a rough couple years health wise and this is just like a kick when she's already down.

Hair is something that us women have strong emotional attachments to. It had less to do with vanity, than it does identity.

From childhood we are taught that being a girl or a woman, came with having a long flowing mane of hair.

Like much else in our lives, most of us have had love hate relationship with our hair. I have had my moments of anger and frustration with my hair, and I have had all out, full battles with my hair. Over time this relationship mellowed.

My first act of rebellion happened in my teens, when I was tired of having to rely on my mother to do my hair for me, so out came the scissors and off came my hair.

My Mother was not upset at all, but my Father had a complete mental breakdown. He could not look at me for weeks, without his eyes filling with tears. I can still, after all this years hear my Mother telling him over and over, "It is just hair." "It will grow back."

It did of course, and with time I learned to care for it myself. The military caused me to chop it off the second time, because I got tired of being chastised for my unruly locks coming loose and touching my shoulders.

After that it was a matter of ease of function. If my lifestyle required me to have to hit the ground running, and I had little self time, off came the hair.

Now, I pretty much don't care if it is long or short. I just want some left on my head. Though I know that I will eventual make peace with my bald head when the time comes.

Afterall, it is just as my Mom said all those years ago, "It is just hair". The only difference is that at this stage of my life, it may not grow back.

I think it is my hair's time to rebel. Perfect timing too, because I am too old to really care, and too tired to fight.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My hair used to be down to my waist when I was in my
early 20's.I would go through a blow dryer a year just
to dry it.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Did you live in a tower?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link