It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 30th Norther Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Thursday X-1 CME will be hitting us tonight producing some rare northern lights for some of the US.

Aurora - 30 minute forecast

Link to an article about it.

U.S. States Where Northern Lights can be seen

Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Im hoping to get to see the lights again tonight in my area.

www.fox21news.com...

COLORADO — According to the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center in Boulder, a significant solar flare and Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) occurred from the sun in the mid-morning Colorado time on Thursday. Analysis indicated the CME departed the Sun at more than 2100 m.p.h. and forecasters expect it to arrive at Earth late Saturday, with effects continuing into Halloween.

As the event gets closer, you’ll be able to see forecasts for the northern lights and if we’ll be able to see them here in southern Colorado.

Ive seen them twice in my lifetime and both times they were an erie red color.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

I've only seen it twice in my life as well, I'm in northern Wisconsin.

It seems like every chance we get, it's cloudy. Tonight is suppose to be clear or at least a short drive to where it'll be clear.

I'm pretty excited. If you've never seen them in real life, it's really really cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Rogart - Sutherland, the Highlands, Scotland from a few days ago:

The aurora is most likely across Scotland, North England and Ireland with a chance it will make it to the Midlands. UK Space Weather.

The Space Weather Prediction Center

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Too much cloud cover where I am, sadly. I have never had the pleasure of seeing them.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've learned since moving to Michigan to never count on squat lining up for astronomical viewing XD If it's a meteor shower to be had, it's cloudy/raining/snowing, and the same goes for orbital stuff (like the space station) and the aurora borealis < sigh >

This year WAS clear for the Orionids, just a full (or very nearly) moon to contend with. I still missed the big freakin' fireball meteor that passed over the area, I went in after watching many washed out light, thin meteor streaks (thought I should be grateful for that much, lol) and then that fireball went through not 15 minutes later

I will park my hind end outside later tonight, and see if the clouds clear to the north. You never know

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Once again we in Michigan are cursed with cloud cover. Although, I did see them one time in the U.P. as well as a UAP up by Whitefish Point.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Its nice and clear where I am in Mi.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

Once again we in Michigan are cursed with cloud cover. Although, I did see them one time in the U.P. as well as a UAP up by Whitefish Point.

Like Jin, it's miraculously clear now -- just cleared up over the last hour for me.

I hope it stays clear! I think peak is forecast for 09 - 12 UT, so that puts peak potential around what... 4am-ish?
edit on 10/30/2021 by Nyiah because: always breaking the damn tags

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Where I am in Mi it's still cloudy and will remain so the rest of the night. Unfortunately it always seems as you said go this way when anything cool celestial or otherwise is going on. At least where you are at I hope it stays clear and you can catch a glimpse if you can!

top topics

join