It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant From The Mandatory Workshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The following is a rant in response to a work mandate.

What is woke culture actually? A fear of litigation ultimately. It's not that the world wants to be a PC touchy feely liberal hellscape, it's just that the short haired tomboy artist ones are really scary. A mostly infallible adversary to take on. Especially when an artful appeal of their thumbs can trend a bottom line into oblivion. You will be boycotted out of existence if crossing one.

Millennial special snowflake syndrome, and no real adversity morphs into neverlanding rebellion circling various causes until the day it soars out to sea to die. With that albatross of impending lawsuit overhead the culture of today tip-toes around anything that could grace the TMZ automatons with a new boycott hashtag to like and share.

You think companies like paying for some snot nosed liberal sociology grad doing presentations on microaggressions? Do you think it's really changing the world to have compulsory meetings on being mindful to that special coworker with the adam's apple and penis tucked away in their pant suit? Apart from the companies absolving themselves of future liability in case of a future meltdown I don't see the point.

Someone must truly believe repeating this mantra can undo the mammalian preference for itself. Sorry, unless there's a population bottleneck happening, nature prefers nature that is like itself.

You're trying to change humans to be like wolves that make the sickly underweight gamma caste one the alpha. Go ahead trying to make animals accept the sickly and different. But humans with our vastly superior everything just have to be beyond the animal need to cast out the infirm and defective, unlike all the other animals that just abandon them or smash them on rocks.

Like a program of the most popular group to bring everything else in line with it. And the "sickly and different" are now those who don't slap on faux magnanimous empathy for the plight of the disadvantaged and marginalized. Instead of kicking out the gimpy runt for being an inferior specimen you kick out the one that wants to exclude the inferior runt specimen.

Eugenics, even ideologically, is nature. Homogenous environmemts and preference for a preferred form is nature. Even if tries to define itself a "level up" (always a level up) and breed out those that acknowledge people have differences, it is still trying to breed out everything with differences.

Therein is it's paradoxical "progression".

And that is where we are at. A legal culture affraid of offending the current group performing ideological/cultural eugenics. Forcing everyone to participate in yet anyother awareness group. And it's trending a totalitarian way. Trending right into calling them Harvey Milk Laws and having them mandate segregation of unvaccinated prejudice people from society.

*Unless you are prejudice against the prejudice. That's okay, that's what everyone else will be too.

Rant over.

** It was a painful day, and I had to bite my tongue and passive-aggressively rant about it online later.

Thoughts?
edit on 29-10-2021 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As long as these principles are maintained i couldn't care less how many snowflakes suffer meltdowns.

edit on 29/10/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sadly, TV is turning boys/men into " ITS " these days. Also too much plastic in our food does and will continue to confuse the mind. That is known in the science community.
edit on 1000000001212021-10-29T19:21:01-05:00210110pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Millenial special snowflake syndrome

That pretty much sums it up .
"The Wussification of America"

edit on 10/29/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Millenial special snowflake syndrome

That pretty much sums it up .
"The Wussification of America"

That has been happening at a much faster rate then I expected it to. I notice more and more here people seem to think it looks cool to brag about weapons they own, asking stupid questions that are passive aggressive and attack ones character for no reason.
Doing things like that show a huge weakness in someone that wants to be looked at as the big boy on the block. It really shows how much self gratification they need to overcome the weakness of not being as powerful as they want.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

When is it bragging and when is it talking?

People who collect things like to talk about their new acquisitions. That's not bragging. When I was really deep into the aquarium hobby, I used to talk about the new fish I'd pick up all the time. Mine weren't common tetras, but rare cichlids you often had to manage to contact other hobby breeders in order to get. Sometimes, they were red list species that you were working to propagate on your own.

Is that bragging to say that you picked up something rare and unusual?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sadly, TV is turning boys/men into " ITS " these days. Also too much plastic in our food does and will continue to confuse the mind. That is known in the science community.

My wife and I have noticed this year on TV all the different "wokeness" commercials and even TV shows that are slipping in "wokeness" BS. It almost makes you want to vomit that you are not allowed to voice your difference of opinion any longer without someone saying that you are a racist. And your opinion has nothing to do with racism as all.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

That's the thing.

They've been trained to find any opinion outside their own orthodoxy as problematic which means you have sinned against the order.

It's only a matter of time before they start burning people at the stake.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You're wrong! Eugenics is NOT nature. Nature itself does not "kill" the runt. Whether your the runt or the strongest in your group you live or die through your life "choices" , not the rest of the group recognising your the runt and killing you. Or as Eugenicists put it, excluding you.
There is no group decision to breed selectively only by the singular, strongest or smartest or even the sneakiest get to breed.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
and attack ones character for no reason.

No reason or reasons you don't personally agree with?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Natural selection is default eugenics.

It selects the most adaptable form, and much of that is through a natural stratification and social casting. The alphas breed most for that reason.

My contention is the human borg-like need to assimilate or outcast is based on these base animal instincts that favor the strongest and most adaptable. Or the root of prejudice is based on the same thing as animals abandoning the sickly. Both are a bottom up way instincts provides the species it's best chance.

Everyone's naturally predisposed to comfort zones of an environment that is most like them.

That's why you can draw a picture of society through "dominant status quo".

For a long time the status quo was authoritarian meritocracy. In the last 50 years or so have societies gone towards an egalitarian nanny state status quo.

In the USA, what was angry WASP's torching black neighborhoods 100 years ago are now angry tommorow people without racial identity torching banks and police stations.

But underneath the vitriol and herd minded drive is the same. Saying one is for equality (even if racism IS stupid and deplorable) does not actually promote a more equal society. It shifts the unequal to a different designation, more like releasing a tiger to take care of a badger. And when the tiger becomes a problem bringing is more badgers to quell the tiger.

It breeds the Nanny State. It turns the egalitarian as fascist as those it decries. And then motivates the authoritarian to defy the egalitarian.

To the polarized it makes the microaggressions more appealling to use and promotes a divide in the environment. It even elects administrations on non-consecutive occasions.

The world exists as thse two opposing status quos in every advanced non Arab or Chinese society; authoritarian meritocracy vs. egalitarian nanny state (or something similar).

All battles therein are still deritives of the same old cold war of opposing methods of societal control.

I don't see one replacing the other as change.
edit on 30-10-2021 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have an idea. It's unique, at least for this time.

I think we should practice IDOC, which stands for "I don't care". It's an offshoot of an earlier Carlin-inspired movement called DOGAS, which stood for "Don't Give A #", and related to the NOOMB ideal -- "None Of My Business".

We, the collective we are just too involved in other people's business. Unless my neighbor, or a roving group, or a government, or the school PTA, or the GAT-dam [fill in blank] want to screw with my world, or someone's world whom I care about, then IDOC. I understand that people are born with sexual and gender identities that are contrary to their biology. I have know a few folk like that. It must be an unimaginable nightmare and I'm glad I wasn't born like that. I think such folks should not be persecuted, but -- as ALL of us -- be treated equally in the eyes of the law. We shouldn't be forced to make allowances, though. Nobody seemed to care that I wanted to be a pro football players, but just didn't have the build, the talent, the athleticism, or probably the smarts for it. I gave it a go. Didn't work. Tried something different.

We shouldn't allow people to be illegally compromised, or disatvantaged. Sure, if a person desperately wants gender reassignment, I certainly feel for them. I don't want to be forced to pay for it. I also don't want to tolerate any persecution of that person, so there is, I believe, a little personal responsibility we all share in our collective desire to make people equal in the eyes of the law.

In the Declaration of Independence, there is a perfect phrase, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" It was beautifully written, and infers basic rights to all people, or the wish of it. That lofty desire aside, nobody is BORN equal. The range and magnitude of variables which make up human birth and existence are as diverse as the number of insects, or plants, or even stars. We are all born with the right to fight for what we want, and the amount of energy and effort expended is DIRECTLY proportional to the reward gained.

I think we could do more standing out of each others way, where their way doesn't concern us. Don't nitpick every. single. term. and. idea. some person says looking for the place where it disagrees with some Utopian perfect world. For God's Sake, LIVE your OWN LIFE and stop worrying about mine! If I want to state my opinion and you don't like it, let's talk about it and we'll either come to a waypoint or not, but don't sic the authorities on me because you feel the weight of a political party behind you that wants to STEAMROLL over ANY dissenting ideas, because the GAIN is worth the COST!! George Carlin said, ""Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" I believe that with all my fiber.

If you and your backslapping group are coming after me or mine, then be careful. The world is filled with kind, mostly gentle, helpful people who would go out of their way for you, to lend a hand. Never mistake their kindness, or their humor, for weakness. Strong people laugh because they can, and because they know it helps, and it binds together.

So, this is me, caring about people being bullied. Caring about people being discriminated against. Caring about laws and boundaries being subjugated or ignored. What I don't care about is countering your opinion. Spread you view. It doesn't affect me. Maybe we can work together, who knows? If you let someone, anyone be marginalized in application of the laws, you are letting the bad guys win. We should be equal in the law. If I can marry, any two humans, within context of existing laws, should be able to marry. If you're lucky enough to find love, you're lucky enough.

End of rant

new topics

top topics

join