It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your Shoes say about you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This thread seems innocuous enough, so I'll play. I like my white high top tennis shoes. Been wearing that kind of shoe for about 40 years. Long before they were the fad in the late 1980s. I play lead guitar in a rock and roll band, so I have to be comfortable on stage and the hightops help my ankles.
edit on 29-10-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I hate to say this, but the publications which discuss these topics give me a chuckle. In my world, for a while, during a phase, boots were important (to me). However, since then I've learned a few things which were kind of a surprise to me. Ironically, it wasn't shoes which proved it to me, but something else...watches (but that's another story).

The truth is, people seldom even notice what kind of shoes a person wears...unless...the person wearing them brings the subject up. In fact, 9 out of 10 people wouldn't even notice if you had shoes on at all. sure, if a gal wears a super-mini skirt and shiny black boots up over her knees, people are going to notice, but short of that they won't.

One time my wife called me from work, and she was mortified. She has two pair of shoes which are the exact same except one pair is black and the other is dark blue. The morning in question she accidentally put on one blue and one black shoe in the dark before going to work. You couldn't even hardly tell the difference, even in the bright sunlight, but she could (oh boy could she!). We were both over 100 miles from the house so going back to get the correct shoe was not an option. Poor girl was all upset and on the brink of crying, begging me to do something, anything. I jumped in the truck and went and found the nearest store which sold shoes (a pair of black winter Crocs) and headed to the rescue. Not a single soul had even noticed the two different colored shoes. She felt better though, so I guess that's all that mattered.

Anyway, what shoes people wear means far more to the people wearing them than they ever will to someone else.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe I’m weird, i notice shoes, watches, collars, hats. Maybe its the artist in me.

Most rich people don’t wear what we expect as rich people watches like Rolex’s. I know because I worked with the super wealthy. Some of them wear some pretty cheap stuff.

Just wanted to add I get comments on my shoes no matter what I wear (all the time) but I think its because I have freakishly small feet. I wear a size 5.

edit on 30-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yikes, I've worn the same pair of old crocks for years. I muck out the barn in them, go to work in them, walk around the house in them, go to restaurants in them (back when my kind were allowed in). The soles have split into layers that leak if it rains so I really need to get a new pair. They are so ugly but just too handy, hose them off and you're good to go.

That said, I do have a weakness for fluevog shoes and have four and a half pairs. Lost one in a move and never threw out it's buddy. Thinking of turning it into a plant pot.

Guess I haven't got anywhere to go anymore that requires nice shoes.

edit on 30-10-2021 by igloo because: spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I recall a woman at work telling me with steely seriousness, "Shoes Make The Man".

I guess I spent too much time out West. I like boots to protect my lower calves as well -- "bite this hard-a** leather, you varmint!"

Cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I did the same thing as your wife in high school when I was more concerned about my appearance.
I got dressed in the dark and then got to school and looked down at my flats-I had one dark blue one and one black.
I wanted to murder myself. It was absolutely horrifying for a teenage girl. Thankfully my government class teacher let me go home to correct my mistake.
By the way that government teacher was the most stellar: she told us all how we need to keep the right to bear arms was the most important part of our rights to defend ourselves from the government and others.
If you are wondering where: this was in west Texas.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The truth is, people seldom even notice what kind of shoes a person wears...unless...the person wearing them brings the subject up. In fact, 9 out of 10 people wouldn't even notice if you had shoes on at all.

Broads typically check out your shoes first. Even before your bank account.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What do my shoes say about me?

WHAT SHOES???

I do wear shoes when I must for practical purposes. Flip flops work when I just need to step outside for a moment, just tennies if I'm going out and about. Sometimes sandals but I don't like driving in sandals, so only if my hubby is driving. If I need to look halfway put together, then it's usually lace-up booties with jeans. If I have to actually look good, then it's flat pumps with a skirt/dress. I avoid such occasions as much as possible though!

I have been considering getting some new chukkas though... apparently that makes me a coffee-loving hipster... LOL!!! I gotta tell my kids that one. They'll get a good laugh!

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My shoes are chosen mainly for comfort and sometimes for function.

I have a good pair of Brooks for my exercise class and occasional outdoor evening practice. I need them to provide good support for my feet. After years of being a runner, I got very particular for how shoes would fit when I was engaged in athletic activity. So I am most picky about athletic shoes.

My old pair of exercise shoes has retired to casual walk-around status. They won't hold up to a real pounding, but they still look good, so I can run errands in them, wear them to work, etc.

My next oldest pair that has developed wear holes in them on the uppers is my "mud" shoe pair. I wear them when I'm getting down and dirty, and they're going to be tossed not long after they pass through that phase and fall apart or the Brooks need to be retired and everything passes down.

As for summer, I have a decent pair of flip-flips for walking around, an ancient pair of foam ones that I use for wearing out on the drive and practicing in (no traction means I can get pivot in my feet). I like to wear a pair of wet-dry hiking sandals (Keens) for most summer wearing around where I would otherwise wear sneakers.

For the office, I generally get one or two pairs of summer sandals that will coordinate with most of my office wear, and in the winter I do the same only with comfy flats, maybe a pair of ankle boots which is my current arrangement.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm either wearing Birkenstocks or Doc Martens.

I have weak ankles.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm either wearing Birkenstocks or Doc Martens.

I have weak ankles.

Love Doc Martens!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I was lucky and found a pair still Made in England.

I've tried the newer ones made in China, but they're too small, awkward, and pinch.

Old School for the win!

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Steel toe Redwings for work, Keen hikers when I am outdoors playing in the woods. Mostly barefoot or sandals when in comfort mode.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I go barefoot around the house.I wear New Balance shoes
out in public.I only wear 2" heels at rare times.I don't know
what that would say about me.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

First, who cares about shoes besides women? Why are women obsessed with shoes - so much so, that they try to make them into a philosophy?

Secondly, my shoes tell that I got a bargain when I went to a store that was closing off a branch so I got like 70% discount on shoes that would've been otherwise too expensive for me.

So, what do those shoes tell about me? Now I have 'expensive' shoes that I could normally never afford, as I am externally poor (thankfully, internally rich).

I don't think your theory that shoes can tell much about someone holds water at all, as circumstances like this happen. So if certain type of shoes tell something about someone, BUT that individual got those shoes due to a happenstance, as a gift, or a numeours other ways that don't actually have anything to do with their own choice per se, do the shoes still somehow tell something about the wearer or possibly not?

Could certain people just please stop obsessing over shoes and focus on more eternal and important things, like the soul?

What does your SOUL tell about you - now, THAT would be a more interesting thread and finally get this wretched planet's population going forward. Shoes.. pff! Who cares!

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

You're just mad that you have no Sole.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Well my screen name here says a lot about my love of shoes..

I have a lot of shoes, many different styles. I love heels and I have a lot of them. I dont wear them as much as I use to as I get older. Now I tend to wear Converse. I love that I can customize my own pair. I also shop in kids which makes them cheaper lol they are also much cheaper than my heel habit of 20 years.

I do not own flip flops though and I live in Florida. I have sandals. I can't do flip flops.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
Could certain people just please stop obsessing over shoes and focus on more eternal and important things, like the soul?

This is what people who can't afford nice things always say.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join