It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trip Into The Uncanny Valley

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Serdgiam

Makes me wonder if we will have a sect of "Amish" like people that refuse the next phase of technology.

I would have to imagine so, but it might take a bit for the new paradigms to be better established.

Even within the Amish, there are different levels of.. uh.. "Amish-ness."

Personally, I think its something that is not only good, but should be encouraged and supported! I would even like to see truly primitive social groups flourish. I think they provide something of support pillars that are sunk not into the ground, but deep into our past. Something like an anprim society might look a bit different than its origins if it has some integration with modern sectors (which I believe some should), but I think there is immense value in it all the same.

I think we may end up seeing more phases be created, as you say. Some groups might accept all the technologies that exist today.. but not something that hasnt been created yet. This sort of "phased" (great word choice, btw) Culture is really something to embrace, in my opinion. It gives our civilization something to fall back on, in a way.

I think the real issue here is the sector, or phase, that is on the cutting edge of advancement. Historically, this has been centralized to make better use of resources and organization. However, this has the (very serious) downside of essentially giving all control and power of the direction of our civilization to the groups that preside over this sector. This is exacerbated when the self-preservation of the collectivized groups begins to determine their course, even at the expense of the individuals in those groups. For example, a corporation can take on a life of its own and this is even represented by them being granted personhood. All of the individuals begin to serve this abstracted "person," even at their own detriment. Esoterically, this could be defined through terms like "egregores."

With modern technology and decentralization, however, we have the ability to turn all of society into a talent pool with direct means of participation and contribution (and compensation..) without any middlemen or bizarrely abstracted egregores. Thats a pretty astounding turn of events! Not only do I believe it to be a vastly superior option to historical trends, but it removes some of the most commonly used points of leverage and coercion that are used to abuse and control other people (like food, energy, manufacturing, and information).

Its not without its own issues, particularly when it comes to actually transitioning to such a paradigm. But, many of those issues are already very strongly present with the changes that have occurred due to The Virus and its likely that they will only get worse.

With this type of approach, it also makes disruption and destablization significantly less common, whether that is due to anything from natural disasters to poor decision making from our "leaders." Or outright corruption, subjugation, or attempts to make slaves of the entire population.

I happen to think a lot of the things spoken about by people like Zuckerberg are actually "good," but how they are done and what goals are in mind are questionable at the absolute best. I have a distinct aversion to any technological approaches that attempt to further embed this notion of nature (or even "reality") and technology being mutually exclusive. Even if that aversion does fly in the face of the prevailing perspectives on the matter.

I strongly believe that by changing how we do things, nature and technology can not only co-exist.. they can become complementary in ways that are currently unimaginable.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Why is that…when I can think of numerous other systems where the energy required for existence is electromagnetic…and perhaps that’s where evolution with AI and the metaverse…eventually might lead…

The difference between us is you consider only the world that is and hold it's Creator
to rigid expectations.

Therefore…I conclude that if created by another being…that other being would naturally have much the same flaws as it’s creation…for it is said we are created in the image of our creator…

You fail to consider that "in the beginning" your expectations were met.
It is recorded that God at the end of all that he had made claimed "It is good"
and the Angels were joyful and praised God. It's obviously a fallacy to understand
anything about the Creator using this fallen world as a model.

I don't scoff

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Polly did an interesting vid on this announcement.
Her gig is dot-connecting, and in this iteration she attempts to connect Meta™, Jibber-Jabbers™, and a certain patent for collecting mental energy, or brain-waves.

Amazing Polly : Is Virtual-Reality a soul trap.

Don't know if she is dancing near the rim of the volcano, or not : but still interesting to just contemplate the possible connections.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Your post made me think of interactive exercise item and program, "The Mirror". I am sure "Black Mirror", will have a field day with this product.

It definitely opens up a whole world of possibilities.

www.mirror.co...

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A mirror that not only reflects one's image : but also captures it...
Is it a fractal like a hologram, so it's all reflected back, as well as captured : or is it a division or reduction, where the captured part is taken, taken to...

Was out walking today in the nice weather, down by the 'back-river'.
Noticed a very bright spot on the water, over near the other bank.
A whack-job conspiracy-theorist could have thought that that the light was coming from under the water, and something was about to emerge. But of course : we're not like that, are we ? ... LoL !!

Surmised that it was probably a reflexion of the low but intense sun, on one of the apartment buildings on the other side.
( Why does the ATS spellchecker not recognize the word 'reflexion' ? Looks like we're being 'alternative' now.)

There are three different suspects, with each tower being at a different angle to the river-bank, and thus me.
Was pondering which window may be the reflector, while also pondering your post on " The Mirror™ ".

Seemingly the time was just right, because the reflexion suddenly started shrinking, then disappeared.

Where did it go ?

Where does a reflexion go, when it dissipates ?
What does " The Mirror™ " do, with the reflexions it captures ?
Might they be sold to facetrick, to use as reflexions in the ' Metaverse™ ' ?

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

A mirror is often used in the dark arts. The scrying mirror is very commonly used to peep, to see, into other realms.

Scrying requires a reflective surface for the medium to gaze into. Water, candle flames, mirrors, or crystal balls are also often used.

With most scrying devices, it is about viewing messages or visions, personal guidance, prophecy, revelation, or inspiration.

The mirror is also often viewed as a gateway. It is not about the reflection as much as it is about the projection.

edit on 6-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It seems Russell Brand seems to share some of the same concerns I have with the Metaverse.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

We read with great interest and curiosity about the arrest of a murderer and condemn him, but the institutions responsible for the great wars that have been responsible for the death and suffering of untold nameless millions are considered above reproach.

As Josef Stalin said: "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The uncanny valley is expanding,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join