It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trip Into The Uncanny Valley

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The “metaverse” is just the new “Internet of Things” which is still technology that cannot be mass produced to actually connect to networks of 6G+ AI Efficient control that anticipates your needs.

It is vaporware!!

And judging by the Luddite GOP worried about reproductive women and wages driving down corporations’ income so that even paying no income taxes….

WTH was I talking about??!!

Damn you ATS for turning everything into this dumb diatribe!

To be clear. There is no “metaverse” nor will it ever happen! Especially if under control of Zuckerburg. Too many greedy bastids want in on that gravy train for another internet boom [dumb autocorrect] to happen like 1994.

Dogs wont hunt!

Just look at “Bitcoin” or whatever of that sort. My guess is that there is a “behind the scenes” agreement (involving gold) to bankrupt those dumb SOBs who are trying to “get rich quick”.

Old [wtf??!! Not even close to what I typed!!!] money runs deep!

edit on 29-10-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: I type what i mean and computers think they know better than eye…

edit on 29-10-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: *Sigh* Even “words are wrong when typed correct”! There is no Big Brother! Or Family Tree no longer branches. MAGA you bumb Nazi wannabes! Because that is the last choice!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

One...If God...then we were given minds to think...and hands to build...and inquisitiveness to create...
We were also given free will...and a world to exercise that free will in...

I see this...as an extension of the above...

What I see plays out thru the history of a world that was not meant to be
by it's Creator. The human being lives in a corrupt world because of a very
few aspiring to a goal they will never achieve. This is as obvious as the fact
that God is only absent because he is not a tyrant. The 1% percent are given
this time to achieve the promise that they will be like God.

I see a world populated by only one percent that know this truth. The rest
of us fed absurd lies like God does not exist. They keep us in the dark all thru
the ages as their contempt for the Father grows among them. This knowledge
is their power and has become their psychosis. To use any means to reach the
goal is justified to them. We are there sacrifice and they use the word constantly.

Those who are in the know any way. But we are a loose cannon that has corrupted
the world we were given. Because we rejected the authority and therefore
the guidance that would have put us to the task of filling an empty universe
with love for it's Creator.

We are to obviously a loose cannon because we fired the Guide. We are so
like little children that lack guidance. A bunch of immature spoiled little brats
running across a freeway to get away from mom and dad because they want
us in before dark. That's pretty much it. That's what's going on. They will use
6g to do it. Man and machine and spirit. This will be as close as man can come
to fulfill the promise.

A striking story if you ask me..

Maybe I'm talking about Mark

edit on 29-10-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ummm...Okay...watching these vids...Mark Zuckerberg freaks me the eff out...

He reminds me of Brent Spiner's...Data...Or René Auberjonois...Odo...

That same plastic...unanimated expression...

I think he's a droid...

A freaking droid...

YouSir

It's funny that in the first video he even joked about that... "I though I was the robot."

lol

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I can see the appeal for the young, and I know a lot of us old folk will be intrigued, because it will trigger our nostalgic connection with the holodeck from Star Trek.

F* me he even looks like Data.

A while back I thought workspaces in VR would free up a lot of land and help develop our natural environment but when presented like this by Facebook it looks like such a pathetic way to waste your life.
edit on 29-10-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

What they really want to do doesn't end there. They want to combine
man machine and spirit. Once again you only have to look at their
ultimate goal since the Garden of Eden. Always remember the ancient
promise. It is the devils bargain. The elite are still trying as they have
all thru history believing the promise.

"Ye shall be like God"

When they can bind a soul to their man machine he will be one hundred
percent beast.

"And now the day is come
Soon he will be released
Glory Hallelujah!
We're building the Perfect Beast"

Building The Perfect Beast - Don Henley Nov 1984

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Zuckerberg is a super dork. He's even geekier than the last time I saw him.

He makes Steve Urkel look like James Bond.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And with one clip we slide just a little bit more into Black Mirror territory. Real life dystopia is sooo much better than the books!

At least this kind of thing will make our lives feel much more real when we're living in the pods and eating bugs and owning nothing and being happy.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

"And now the day is come
Soon he will be released
Glory Hallelujah!

Odd little hints like that are strewn about the entertainment industry.
Almost like reading Steven King. And the world grows more insane day
by day as it does more wicked. People notice it but have trouble describing
it. Because to say that evil is making itself known thru those in control
Is the truth. And most of us fear the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying
And with one clip we slide just a little bit more into Black Mirror territory. Real life dystopia is sooo much better than the books!

At least this kind of thing will make our lives feel much more real when we're living in the pods and eating bugs and owning nothing and being happy.

It does indeed sound like a Black Mirror episode.

Living off of earned merits from apps, games, and viewing ads.

Embodied in the matrix, living for the very thing that enslaves us. So trapped in the system that even our anger, rage, and live suicides, do nothing more than feed the system, and keeps it growing.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

Ummm…in that scenario…”you will own nothing…and like it”…isn’t the mark of utopic freedom…it’s the mark of utter enslavement to the paradigm…

Of being…owned…

Hoe ree Fuch…

Progressivism…is…regressivism…

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: HilterDayon

"And now the day is come
Soon he will be released
Glory Hallelujah!

Odd little hints like that are strewn about the entertainment industry.
Almost like reading Steven King. And the world grows more insane day
by day as it does more wicked. People notice it but have trouble describing
it. Because to say that evil is making itself known thru those in control
Is the truth. And most of us fear the truth.

Yes, most of us fear the truth but only fear the truth about facts which paint the great institutions of human civilisation in a less than admirable light. But human beings are always ready to believe the worst about their neighbour or anyone that is not popular. We read with great interest and curiosity about the arrest of a murderer and condemn him, but the institutions responsible for the great wars that have been responsible for the death and suffering of untold nameless millions are considered above reproach.

It is not surprising that our participation in this beast system has been engineered without much protest. Our background emerges from almost a continuous series of wars. The shocked memories of endured suffering is cemented into our d.n.a.

We may for now be living under the auspices of the "good cop" but we know that the bad cop is not far away, maybe observing through a two way mirror and at any time could replace the good cop's fake empathy with a hellscape. All because we got "cute".

We have experienced invasions where every man and man-child were sliced up like dog meat and the pretty women given to the boldest invaders as concubines, their culture destroyed and every building of significance razed to the ground.

Underneath the veneer of our modern expectations of civility lie the memories of being victims of overwhelming forces who are totally devoid of compassion.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Ummm…If created by a being…or consciousness…then this universe was not created from a perfected and pure being…
For flaw cannot flow from perfection…impurity cannot be borne of purity…

What use…beyond experimentation…instilling so many character flaws into a species…yet requiring it worship without question the creator of it’s imperfect existence…?

“For we strive against principalities…imperfectly”…

There is no logic in such an asking…nor in such an existence…

If a soul…did I…or you…ask to be housed in a flesh machine that begins to break down from the moment it was conceived…?

Why ask such a construct to reside in…exist in a world where living…means consuming other live or dead species…?

Where one must predate upon these other species in order to maintain life…all so that one remain worshipful of the one that placed you in such an existence and situation…

Therefore…I conclude that if created by another being…that other being would naturally have much the same flaws as it’s creation…for it is said we are created in the image of our creator…

That which I give devotion to is perfect…without flaw…without taint…without impurity…without disharmony…

Creation is not the manifestation of such…

But the manifestation of the imperfect…but the result of discord…and an exemplary lack of harmony…

That’s why this creation…in all it’s aching beauty…is all merely a facade for eat…or be eaten…

Why is that…when I can think of numerous other systems where the energy required for existence is electromagnetic…and perhaps that’s where evolution with AI and the metaverse…eventually might lead…

Scoff silent…but realize…that the soul is already such…is conscious energy…as is the Spirit…

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Watching Mark Sugarmountain introduce his meta concept for me was such a demonstration of childishness, I hardly don't know where to begin. Just toys.

The whole concept of virtual reality is based upon the dream state. I don't believe that there is a predetermined destiny for "humanity" as there then would be no free will and so we would have to accept that we are living in a simulation whose outcome is fixed.

I see human existence as being more of a challenge - a challenge to free consciousness from entrainment. The dream is the perfect example of consciousness being trapped by objective phenomena. To understand the mechanism of the dream is to begin the process of liberation of consciousness. The extraction of gold from the crude ore it is trapped in.

Virtual reality seeks to construct a 24/7 dreamscape where consciousness will be harnessed like a yoke to an ox to pull the plough.

To die and be reborn into such an established system will be errrr most unfortunate.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

To die and be reborn into such an established system will be errrr most unfortunate.

Ummm…kind of like…here…

I was laughing at the childish…cartoonesque environments in his presentation…

When you think of some of the immersive photo realism in games…why the Primitive cartoon avatar’s and surrounds…

Definitely left me desiring to wait for the epsilon iteration…

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I do not doubt that virtual reality is progressing to a level where it will be indistinguishable from native reality. But when consciousness is immersed in dreaming there are no doubts to the reality of the experience, no matter how absurd it is. The emotions are caught up in it hook line a sinker. To doubt it is real is to awaken from it. So virtual reality will have that facet of human human psychology going for it. You know for "keeping it real".

Entertainment...an escape from the boring natural world of David Attenborough in the beginning...but before long you will be working' for the man.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

I do not doubt that virtual reality is progressing to a level where it will be indistinguishable from native reality. But when consciousness is immersed in dreaming there are no doubts to the reality of the experience, no matter how absurd it is. The emotions are caught up in it hook line a sinker. To doubt it is real is to awaken from it. So virtual reality will have that facet of human human psychology going for it. You know for "keeping it real".intuitive low friction interfaceintuitive low friction interface

My biggest concern with the virtual world they are planning, is the intuitive low friction interface. I don't see how they will be able to stop the progression from controlling the virtual world with your mind, to controlling your mind with the virtual world.

edit on 29-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ummm...Okay...watching these vids...Mark Zuckerberg freaks me the eff out...

He reminds me of Brent Spiner's...Data...Or René Auberjonois...Odo...

That same plastic...unanimated expression...

I think he's a droid...

A freaking droid...

YouSir

I just fell over backwards.

I showed my 87 year old Mom the video, to get her opinion.

Less then 10 minutes into the video she asked, "Is he real?" "Is he a robot or something?"

I fell over backwards on the couch.

Well, at least I know now, I am not alone on my trip to the uncanny valley.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: TheAiIsLying

Ummm…in that scenario…”you will own nothing…and like it”…isn’t the mark of utopic freedom…it’s the mark of utter enslavement to the paradigm…

Of being…owned…

Hoe ree Fuch…

Progressivism…is…regressivism…

YouSir

Yeah, that phrase came to my mind too. But perhaps it is just being paraphrased from what it means. "You will own nothing real, and will like it, because you won't be able to tell the difference."

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

When Zuckerberg says meta.....

my mind says metastasized.

Fantastic analogy!

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Humanity is worthy of any and all directions it chooses to tread...

YouSir

Is it now?

wor·thy (wûr′thē)
adj. wor·thi·er, wor·thi·est
1. Having worth, merit, or value
2. Honorable; admirable
3. Having sufficient worth; deserving

worthy
adjective
1. _praiseworthy_, _good_, _excellent_, deserving, valuable, decent, _reliable_, worthwhile, _respectable_, upright, _admirable_, _honourable_, _honest_, _righteous_, reputable, _virtuous_, dependable, _commendable_, creditable, _laudable_, _meritorious_, estimable

As a side note, it seems most definitions now are either pseudo-recursive or outright as such. How odd..

Its not so much in what we can actually do, but how it is done. And therein lies the value assessment for worthiness. Those who wish to subjugate humanity believe they are worthy, or _righteous_ enough, to do so.

Nothing new there, its part and parcel of being a tyrant.

If I have the capability to do so, is it _honorable_ to force all of society to my will just because I choose to do so? If Zuckerberg can force you into a Borg-like collective, replete with plastic expressions (and super high creep factor..), is that _admirable_ and _good_ simply because he chose to do so?

Now, what happens when one path can not co-exist with others? "Apex predator" vs "apex predator" as it were.

Just because something can be done doesnt mean it should be done, and we are not automatically made _virtuous_ simply because we can do something. If someone can murder someone else for no reason other than they can, does that make them _praiseworthy_ and _laudable_? Even in the strictest sense of "might makes right," I think that would be a very difficult claim to make.

Is a child _reliable_ enough to play with volatile explosives or poison simply because they can?

On a larger scale, what happens when one of those paths can lead to mass slaughter, or.. extinction? Unwittingly or otherwise.

No, I cant buy into the idea that humanity is _respectable_, _commendable_, _honest_, or worthy just because it exists and can do things. Thats arguably synonymous with the "everyone gets a trophy approach." Those are all assessments that exist completely independent of whether or not something can be done. I would go even further and argue that that stance denigrates, demeans, and devalues what humanity is truly capable of being and doing.

In the case of the current state of technology and that of the upcoming 4-5 generations, it may very well spell the end of our civilzation if we are not _excellent_, _meritorious_, or worthy enough to wield our own creations.

The "yard stick" for whether or not we are worthy will be either the blossoming of true human potential.. or our own destruction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join