It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trip Into The Uncanny Valley

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Maybe it is because I am an old fart that I found this video and The Metaverse video, a bit disturbing. The whole time I was watching Zuckerberg, I felt I was watching an AI character.

I can see the appeal for the young, and I know a lot of us old folk will be intrigued, because it will trigger our nostalgic connection with the holodeck from Star Trek. This technolgy is in the works, and I doubt it can be stopped. Though it may come with a lot of benefits, I still think it should be viewed with much caution.

Being a fan of the Issac Asimov's novel, "The Naked Sun", these videos had my spidey senses all a tingle.

I am posting the mini version that is only about 11 minutes long, but when you are able, please watch the full version, which is about an hour and 20 minutes long.

I can't help but question how much of a role COVID played in the launching of this new platform.

I which I could say that I am embracing of the great reset and the birth of our new techno world, but I am not feeling it. Well let's say I am not feeling a warm and joyful feeling about what is to come.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

How does this idiot and his handlers not see that Mark comes across as the most disgustingly fake used car salesman?

“Bringing people together”. Yeah, that’s exactly Failbooks purpose - if you live in 1984.

I’m beginning to believe that mark is already living in his virtual world, and that body we see is only a robot. Talk about losing touch with reality.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sadly I think we are taking one step further removing us from humanity.
I admit there are little things that I noticed I've done too. For example, I purchased those very lifelike battery operated candles. They are very safe to use in certain areas. I think real candles/flame hold a certain "magic" and that were are being removed from anything natural in nature, very sad.

I am very much into tech and my career has been based in it. At the same time, I think we need to becareful that we are living in the real world and not into a virtual reality world.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

How does this idiot and his handlers not see that Mark comes across as the most disgustingly fake used car salesman?

“Bringing people together”. Yeah, that’s exactly Failbooks purpose - if you live in 1984.

I’m beginning to believe that mark is already living in his virtual world, and that body we see is only a robot. Talk about losing touch with reality.

The only interest the techno world has in reality, is how well they can virtualize it.

They want to move our minds away from reality, and into the matrix world of the Metaverse.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well not being familiar with how you feel about the Bible I can
say that my understanding of the Book of Revelations. Strongly
indicates that your spider tingly sense is correct. The goal is not
simply to achieve the hybridization of man and machine no no.

What they really want to do doesn't end there. They want to combine
man machine and spirit. Once again you only have to look at their
ultimate goal since the Garden of Eden. Always remember the ancient
promise. It is the devils bargain. The elite are still trying as they have
all thru history believing the promise.

"Ye shall be like God"

When they can bind a soul to their man machine he will be one hundred
percent beast.

edit on 29-10-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

When Zuckerberg says meta.....

my mind says metastasized.

edit on 29102021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sounds like some Chaos BS straight from 40k...Iron Warriors anyone?

"Iron within, Iron without"

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I am very much into tech and my career has been based in it. At the same time, I think we need to becareful that we are living in the real world and not into a virtual reality world.

I work with young people that frequently spend more time in the virtual world than they do in the real world. They admit they feel that the virtual world, is their real world. While I used to think they were just being dramatic, I now see how they are being groomed for a Metaverse. A place where reality is viewed as an archaic foundation that they hope to completely remove, once they have us all mentally connected through the matrix.

How long will it take before the intuitive low friction interface, goes from responding to our mental and verbal commands to us being controlled by the system?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

When Zuckerberg says meta.....

my mind says metastasized.

Now you have presented it to my mind's eye, because you have so beautifully described exactly what this platform is. Zuckerberg's Metaverse is indeed a metastasis to the heart and soul of humanity.

In my opinion, this is a very dangerous chapter we are entering.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes, Mark Zuckerburg sometimes looks so real that he definitely falls into the creepy realm of the uncanny valley. If whoever made Zuckerburg would have made him a little less realistic, then he might not be so creepy. /s

edit on 29/10/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

When they can bind a soul to their man machine he will be one hundred
percent beast.

It definitely looks like a Biblical fulfillment of the times to come.

With the known health issues related to extended internet use, and the addiction so many children have with the existent video gaming, how long will it take before people will be experiencing new unhealthy mental conditions that go far beyond the addictions?

Removing people completely from in person social interactions, and allowing them to be embodied, for hours, in a virtual world of their own construction, from within their minds, is a recipe for an ultimate disaster.

We have seen how the internet has changed people's minds, hearts, spirits, and behaviors. I can only imagine how much worse this can get.

edit on 29-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Ummm...I see two ways to look at this...

One...If God...then we were given minds to think...and hands to build...and inquisitiveness to create...
We were also given free will...and a world to exercise that free will in...

I see this...as an extension of the above...

Humans will always use any tool created for both betterment...and for detriment...it's part of the nature of humanity...

None of that makes anything created by man...inherently evil...only the application that some will use it for can be called not good...

Much like flight...we have airliners that transport persons and commodities...and also those that carry the means of destruction...

Two...This can also be viewed through the lens of evolution...as per the evolution of creative asperation and the culmination/melding of the flesh world...with other worlds created from the imagination of Humans...and AI...

I think there is much to be learned and experienced within a Meta universe...and also think that it behooves the survival of the human species to both partner with AI and meld with these interactive systems.

Frankly...I don't fear that future as long as the nefarious can somehow be excluded from it's usage...

Unfortunately there will always be that exploitive percentage of the population that will seek to hack these electronic realities...these Metaverses...

Brave New World...?

Perhaps...

Or...perhaps not...

I have to also state that Mark Zuckerberg is hardly the personality profile that I would choose to bring any of this about...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As a VR enthusiast, I look at this a something I've always wanted. No one will force me there, but as a kid some 40 years ago, it was a dream.

I hate Facebook though, but if this does what it says on the box, as an oculus quest 2 owner, I'll see how it goes..

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
BCIs (Brain Computer Interfaces) and the eventual integration of nanomachines will be one of the biggest issues that humanity has ever faced.

How this is implemented will determine the outcome, of course, but most of it is being deployed by massive, centralized organizations and corporations that operate under obsolete paradigms themselves (despite using cutting edge technology). See, how this works is that now anything that goes in this direction will be accepted or rejected based on the premise that Facebook established. In this way, ideals can be weaponized in a way that ensures outcomes.

Very, very few are providing alternative means of deployment. It tends to be either blind support of corporations, or a pseudo-Luddite rejection of any such technology. Both of which tend to be derived from ignorance, but it also means that there is essentially one path on the table; the corporate vision for the future of humanity. Which, to be clear, is a tyrannical dystopia that is drastically different than most imagine.

Just like in basic physics, you cant simply "disappear" momentum and this applies to the momentum of civilization itself and the tools that it develops.

Therefore, if the only two options are one approach that directs that momentum (in the form of the Collectivized vision of corporations, NGOs, etc) or "its all bad and I dont want anything to do with any of it," well.. dont be too surprised when the former becomes reality (get it?
).

If one wants a different vision for the future, they must design, create, and adopt the tools, processes, and paradigms to do so. There is no way around this, whatsoever. Waiting for massive, centralized groups to do everything and then just accepting or rejecting their vision is going to have results that no one likes. Including the people in those massive, centralized groups.

The only other option is a return to a time before transistor-based technology. Which, even if its not particularly feasible (cat is out of the bag, afterall), wouldnt actually solve anything at all. It would just put it off for future generations to deal with, most likely in a significantly worse environment than exists today.

And this "Civilizational Test" is one that must be taken.

Is Humanity worthy of existence in the next stage of advancement? We are going to find out!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
As a VR enthusiast, I look at this a something I've always wanted. No one will force me there, but as a kid some 40 years ago, it was a dream.

I hate Facebook though, but if this does what it says on the box, as an oculus quest 2 owner, I'll see how it goes..

The appeal of living in a world of your own making, is too strong. Many will be unable to stand the pressure.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ummm...Okay...watching these vids...Mark Zuckerberg freaks me the eff out...

He reminds me of Brent Spiner's...Data...Or René Auberjonois...Odo...

That same plastic...unanimated expression...

I think he's a droid...

A freaking droid...

YouSir
edit on 29-10-2021 by YouSir because: Me likey...

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Okay...watching these vids...Mark Zuckerberg freaks me the eff out...

He reminds me of Brent Spiner's...Data...Or René Auberjonois...Odo...

That same plastic...unanimated expression...

I think he's a droid...

A freaking droid...

YouSir

Yeah. That is kind of how he looked to me too.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Absolutely love everything you wrote and agree 100%.

Makes me wonder if we will have a sect of "Amish" like people that refuse the next phase of technology.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So, with something like Horizon home, what will be the price of the lootbox to personalize it? Or if, as Suckerberg says they will do as always (he then says bringing people together) by selling our data to the highest bidder, so it's "free"???

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Is Humanity worthy of existence in the next stage of advancement? We are going to find out!

Ummm...all of the rest of your post aside...let me focus on your above quote...

I don't think it's a question of worthiness...Like bill and Ted groveling and beseeching..."we're not worthy...we're not worthy"...

I don't see any yard stick to quantify that thought line...

If you use logic...then you see humanity as an apex predator species...who continually attempts to portray itself otherwise...and always...always...proves the point...

Are we worthy...?

Humanity is worthy of any and all directions it chooses to tread..."To boldly go...where no man has gone before"...

Only a forced borg-like existence will ever see the unique...and the individual...die...at the hands of collectivism...

Maybe then we could all wear Mark Zuckerberg's plastic expression...and attain our worthy...social credit score...

YouSir

<<   2  3 >>

join