It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Shame

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The people in power aren't ruled by fear its their job to impose fear upon the masses and it's working just fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Yes they are.

They are running out of time and it scares the hell out of them.

They are voracious for it.
edit on 10 29 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Unless you watched both videos and read the post in it's entirety I don't really care what you have to say.

If all you're going to do is break down everything I have said to "he hates old people" then you've already lost this debate, move on.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, I guess I can mark your opinion on the board as another one fallen to the monster of bigotry.

I wish people would stop making holes in the boat that we're all in. Depressing.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

What utter horse #.

What bigotry?

You have already lost this debate loam. See post above.

How lame.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

True I did say that.

But I also said much more than that and addressed a specific group.

Know unwad them panties because it isn't gonna get any better if you're already making this about you.

I am not daunted by the image of my panties being wadded up, just feel obliged to offer you a sniff of said panties and hope you have a nice day .....

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think you missed your mark in your video. I watched the whole thing.

You have shoved a bunch of different issues in there all at once that can be related but also aren’t related.
Covid & Benefits for Elderly. Yes there are old people that want total lockdown, but there are young and middle aged people too. Where is the rage for them?

Yes, boomers get social security and Medicare. They deserve every single red cent. They have only worked their whole lives for it. Why wouldn’t they get it? I’ve paid into it to, I sure hope there is something there for me.

My parents gave EVERYTHING for this country, everything. Their youth, their family, their lives in the end.
My dad was called into duty at 19!!!! Yet the sickness he got from the military was not fully covered by his veterans benefits. If he did not have Medicare he would have been dead a long time ago. I know that you may not value long life for others, but I wanted him to live as long as possible.

PLEASE do not use Fukushima as an example of the OLD sacrificing themselves. YOU want to know why they did that? It is because in Japanese culture the elderly is the most revered. They are considered a treasure, unlike your video that sees old people (ok only some according to you) only as wasteful. In Japan and most Asian cultures, the. Young will listen to the old because they know the old have knowledge and have been through the rodeo a few times. It is a completely different society and mindset over there. Growing up in an Asian household I can’t even explain it all.

Finally, you have a lot of anger. Just listen to an older person once. Oh my If I were your age again I wouldn’t spend one second, not even one second on anger.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

I think people shouldn't have to fear for their lives. Room, food, water, clothes, electricity, information should be something everybody has.
If you want it more comfortable you have to earn it.
But I also think we should go back to having certain items in the family for years. More quality, less quantity.
I think this is a crucial point where we make really far reaching decisions on who we are.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Have a good cry.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It sticks out in lumps that some replied to this OP after reading it’s text only….LOL
Not only were the vids not at all watched but the first two replies to the OP were not read either or maybe some just like to rant. IDK…..
I must say I am getting a good laugh each time I read a reply that shows they read the OP text and immediately began rage typing against the OP.

LOL………just LOL!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What utter horse #.

What bigotry?

You have already lost this debate loam. See post above.

How lame.

The bigotry that on the one hand lauded the heroism of 'old people in Fukushima' but indicted every 'old' person in this country. So I guess it's just old people in this country you hate.

What do you imagine your shelf-life will be with this new found philosophy of yours? Another 10 years or so? I'm pretty certain there are many younger than you who already think you're old.

I'm tired of the philosophy that 'groups' based on immutable characteristics are to blame for all of the problems in the world. Call people out for their actions or inactions all you want. I can get behind that. But I won't play the game of the newest Witch Hunt you're calling for. It's appalling. It's bigoted. And, it does nothing to improve the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If I'm #ting on millennials it gets cheered it on.
But touch on the people who taught millennials how to be garbage and it's all "why aren't you talking about the younger ones?"

Because I did already and now it's the old folks turn.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I didn't indict every old person in the country.

That's your reading of it. That you trying to be offended.

Now go and have a good cry too.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Dude maybe you should go back and listen to your own video again. I don't think I'm the one that's confused.

Maybe your thoughts were trying to convey one thing, but the words you actually used convey something completely different.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Fear isn't something anyone has to do.

Fear like every emotion belongs to the individual and therefore can be controlled by the individual.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm addressing cowards.

If you feel like you need to internalize that then you go right ahead. That's your problem to deal with.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

PLEASE do not use Fukushima as an example of the OLD sacrificing themselves. YOU want to know why they did that? It is because in Japanese culture the elderly is the most revered.

I know. They are honorable enough or be revered like that. That's why I used that example. It's clear you didn't get the message.

What's worth revering in a population full of cowards here in the US?

Edit:

And don't tell me what I can and cannot say. You'll only be disappointed.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

Then I'm not talking about you am I?

What is it with people internalizing what is clearly not about them?

He's very hateful of "old people" expecting their social security check and that we're not sacrificing ourselves for the younger generation...just listen to the first minute and twenty seconds. I'm not internalizing...I'm reacting to what he's saying.

Ummm...you are aware that the OP...is the Him...in that first video...right...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I’ve read a lot of your threads, and think you have some very enlightening thoughts.
The problem is you often come across rude and curt, and that will lose a lot of people, maybe some that believe exactly as you do.

Don’t worry I’m not going to cry if you say something mean to me because I know what I’m talking about.
Also if you are trying to make it on YouTube to monetize, there is no way I’d subscribe. Again I know what I’m talking about as I made a living off of my Youtube videos for a while. The way I interpreted your video was Angry young man against old folks and not much else. YES we know that isn’t the whole meat of your post/video but look how many on here even took it as that. You need to keep it more thought provoking and lay off the anger a little.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

It's amazing how far out of the way people will go to be offended.

But my GAF level has significantly decreased due to the abject cowardice of many.

They're ok with my #ting on my generation. In fact many who participate here also participated in my Generation Mob thread and didn't have a problem with that.

Hypocrisy is as rampant as cowardice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join