It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-class solar activity on halloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It seems we have a X class flair heading our way and it is expected to arrive Oct 30-31. From what space weather says CME s have been indicated.

The blast also hurled a CME into space. Coronagraph images are not yet available, but evidence for a CME is already pursuasive. The USAF reports strong Type II and Type IV radio emissions generated by a CME plowing through the sun's atmosphere. In addition, energetic particles accelerated at the leading edge of a CME have already reached Earth.

When will the CME itself arrive? Assuming that it is Earth directed, probably on Oct. 30th or 31st. Fresh data from SOHO coronagraphs will allow a more precise forecast, so stay tuned.

Sunspot AR2887 may not be finished yet. It has already produced two M-class flares and an X-flare today. The active region is directly facing Earth, so any additional eruptions should be geoeffective.

www.spaceweather.com...

edit on 28-10-2021 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

It is an X1. Wake me when a X4 comes and I may get a trifle nervous.

MSM, ramping it up like there is no tomorrow.

P

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Very true. What would worry me is another x flair. a reply to: pheonix358

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Very cool post!

I love it when people act like they're far more informative on a subject without posting d!(K. I almost want to drop my mundane life of being lied to, underpaid, and taken advantage of by everyone wearing a suit. Do you have a commune by any chance?

[No homosexaulity stuff please. I have genetic hemorrhoids and sometimes I can't even walk due to the digestive tract laying it on me thick. I am part Korean but no farmer and have no crops]

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

Well when the big one hits and if you can make it over to Canada,
You can be one of my followers.
I don’t have a commune per se’ but I can make one hell of a grilled cheese… on the bbq nonetheless!
So we won’t have to worry about no electronics.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
X-1's aren't usually that bad, when they start hitting X-4 they can knock out power line transformers. I suppose it will effect phone, internet, and TV though. Usually it doesn't do that much damage to equipment though till higher up in the X numbers unless the coronal mass ejection hits right on and is filled with suncrap.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

Well when the big one hits and if you can make it over to Canada,
You can be one of my followers.
I don’t have a commune per se’ but I can make one hell of a grilled cheese… on the bbq nonetheless!
So we won’t have to worry about no electronics.

I am old, I used to play card games with cards. Risk, Monopoly, and Yahtzee were our main sources of games.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Very good graphics and explains the flare barely touched the very bottom of the X-Flare graph youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I guess some smaller ones have had big effects lately, weakened field maybe the reason.

Power was effected in places and transformer fires.
I remember this from Suspiciousobservers a while back.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

X5's are OK. Personally I'd prefer an X6, but generally most beemas' are pretty solid. 🙃

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I hear ya brother!

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Update

WEAK CME IMPACT: A CME hit Earth's magnetic field on Oct. 31st at approximately 10:00 UT. The impact was weak--a far cry from the "big hit" we expected. What happened? It's possible that the bulk of the Oct. 28th CME missed our planet; after all, it was directed somewhat south of the sun-Earth line. Despite the feebleness of the impact, minor G1-class geomagnetic storms are still possible in the hours ahead. Solar flare alerts
www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

Would love to hear any feedback or ideas if this could be related or not to the CME or not.

It's very unlikely as the time differences are different to when the CME hit, but most of South Wales and South West of England experienced a very short power outage last night (31st October shortly after 18:07)

A local news paper is reporting as a 'Solar Flare Hit' South Wales Argus

A bright flash in the sky was seen just before the power cut Footage

Over on grid watch you can see around 18:00 when the sharp drop occurred Grid Watch Close up of the graph around the time of the outage Graph

If anyone i going know if this was related it will be you guys

new topics

top topics

join