It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Prices Rise by 4 Per Cent In Canada Here are Some of the Products Hardest Hit

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
MSM in Canada claim that the the rising food prices, item prices, inflation are just temporary. They make zero mentions of Justin Trudeau Carbon tax as a probable cause/affect.

They are blaming the rise of food costs and inflation on the covid pandemic while they ignored they continued increasing costs of everyday items long before the covid pandemic.

Food Prices Rise by 4 Per Cent — and These Products Were Hardest Hit

According to a Statistics Canada report released last week, ongoing supply chain disruptions continue in the wake of the pandemic affecting prices on everything from gas to common household goods. With the consumer price index up 4.4. per cent in September, food prices are now being directly affected.

This is one of the shortest half articles that barely mention anything expect empty promises that "Normalcy" would problary return to half of 2022 but that is unlikely probably.

According to experts cited in a recent Global News article, it’s been suggested that the earliest we’ll start to see a return to normalcy on food costs is the second half of 2022. “So until then, you could still see price gains come through as a result of supply issues,” senior economist at TD Bank Sri Thanabalasingam told Global News.

This article makes zero reference to Carbon Tax. Many of Canadian news outlets arent mentioning or talking about Carbon taxes having a effect on food prices or its impact.

An Article by the Irish Times. "How Carbon Cuts will mean major changes to the way we live" dont forget "Carbon Tax"

Carbon cuts will mean major changes to the way we live

Agriculture and food are key areas pointed to for action, with major implications for farmers and those working in the sector, the extent of which will depend on where exactly the Government sets the targets for the sector.

Output from the sector could fall 7-19 per cent, the council says – depending on where the targets are set – meaning declines in the size of the dairy and beef herd. This has big implications for farm incomes, even if some alternative income sources are found.

If you read the Canadian News Article. What Were the most impacted products this year? Most Meat products and Milk.

2019 Before Covid. Prediction "Prices of Food Could Rise by 4%"
Canadian food prices could rise up to 4% in 2020: Study

How was it possible for bnnbloomberg to correctly predict that the prices of food had risen 4% in 2019 before pandemic?

“2020 will be surprisingly expensive for consumers at the grocery store,” Sylvain Charlebois, lead author of the study, told BNN Bloomberg in a phone interview. Overall, food prices could increase two to four per cent next year, above the current rate of inflation, according to the study. It predicts households will pay an average of $12,667 in total for food in 2020, an increase of $487 compared with 2019 figures.

Surely its not because of Carbon Tax right?

“Those who claim that a carbon tax increases the cost of food for consumers in Canada have not closely looked at the data.

As Usual they will start blaming the Carbon Tax if food prices start rising. They always have other excuses either operational efficiencies excuse or environmental excuse.

Carbon Taxes are never to be blamed if Food Prices in Countries that have Issued the Tax
Its no coincidence that the 4% of the targeted food items were Milk, Meat products but not vegetables? they want people to consume less meat.

edit on 28-10-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
With Carbon Tax you will be paying more to "Pay More, Eat Less to Save The Planet"

Federal carbon tax could lead to food insecurity for many Canadians

This tax is essentially aimed at penalizing polluters. That’s a good idea, in principle, but is short-sighted in many ways. For some farmers, a tax of $170 per tonne is a game-changer. By 2030, a typical 5,000-acre farm would have to shell out more than $150,000 in new tax, based on some estimates, without any compensation.

Some consumers will be willing to pay the right price for food to help save the planet, so the effects of a carbon tax won’t be much of an issue. But the federal government is clearly not considering how the carbon tax could put many Canadian families in a state of food insecurity by 2030.

How is this going to save planet by consuming less and paying more? this article is quite correct when they talk about the Carbon Tax and its impact an subject which Canadian MSM outlets arent willing to debate on.

This main running point.

As presented, Canada’s carbon tax policy isn’t just about penalizing polluters in the food industry, from farm to fork. It mostly inhibits farms and forks.

Unfortunately Many Canadian MSM Outlets arent willing to have a honest debate or do any articles of Carbon Tax and its impact on the Food/Food Industry.

If Food Prices continue beyond 2022 what will they blamed upon? they will problary have excuses for it. The question for these climate experts who claim that prices of food would return to normalcy.

How is this possible? when JT and the Canadian Liberal government passed the Carbon Tax in 2018? since 2018 the prices of most consumer goods had slowly risen and had not decreased.

Even if most consumer goods prices do return to normalcy by how much would they return to? 1%? or just a few cents? of course the climate experts dont have a say into that.

If this continues Where does the Road lead to it?
If carbon tax policy isn’t just about penalizing polluters in the food industry, from farm to fork. It mostly inhibits farms and forks? where does the road lead to then?

Food shortages of most goods? starvation in Western Countries until Bill Gates Soy Meat is passed through?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

4 percent, yea right.

Prices have gone up at least 25% in the past 5 years. Maybe 4 percent in the past month or two.

Food prices are brutal, gas is ridiculous.

We had to finance our last pack of hamburger with a 4 year term. Lol.

Like you said, the MSM are full of #. We just have to go shopping to know that.

The New Normal. bleh.

edit on 10/28/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is this a typo?
I think they meant 400 percent plus.
Letting politicians and stock traders get involved in the food industry was a mistake.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

4 percent, yea right.

Prices have gone up at least 25% in the past 5 years. Maybe 4 percent in the past month or two.

The New Normal. bleh.

I agree..4%??? not likely, it's higher.. I generally only buy sale items these days. Gas, you are probably doing better than us, 1.68 pl, yesterday for the cheap stuff.

And yes, of course, the carbon tax gets passed on to the consumer.
edit on 28-10-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Is this a typo?
I think they meant 400 percent plus.
Letting politicians and stock traders get involved in the food industry was a mistake.

Ditto.

Wife went to get items at the local grocery store, a normal box of Bisquick, $8 dollars. Thought it was a typo, nope, left it at the register.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: MykeNukem

4 percent, yea right.

The New Normal. bleh.

Gas, you are probably doing better than us, 1.68 pl, yesterday for the cheap stuff.

Ouch, yea I filled up yesterday at 1.54/l.

I'm driving the 4x4 less and less lately, the gas gauge and speedometer needle move at the same time.

edit on 10/28/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ironically, the Davos crowd fly on personal jets/helicopters to attend The Great Reset meeting to discuss how the peons are breathing in THEIR air, drinking up THEIR water, eating up THEIR food and the have the audacity to pollute THEIR world.

How much do the Davos crowd pollute with their private jets/helicopters/yachts????

naturalhealth24-7.com...

edit on 28-10-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: Have and have nots

edit on 28-10-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
$20.00 for an onion, small avocado, plantain, small can of black beans, and a tiny steak. Like 1 serving size deck of cards size. I use to be able to make dinner for seven people with the same $20.00 bucks And same items before all this started.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

INNER SHOUTING

THE WORST THING ABOUT THIS, MATE

IS THAT THEY KEPT PROMISING A RETURN TO NORMALCY BASED ON VARIOUS STANDARDS/GOAL POSTS

FIRST IT WAS STAY AT HOME

THEN IT WAS WEAR A MASK

THEN IT WAS TAKE AN INJECTION

NOW THEY ARE JUST SAYING SCREW IT AND ALTHOUGH YOU DID ALL THOSE THINGS YOU ARE STILL SCREWED

IS IT BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE DYING?

NO ITS BECAUSE THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL

SO GET USED TO IT BUCKEROO

ENJOY WEARING A FACE DIAPER EVERYWHERE YOU GO EVEN THOUGH YOU DEFENDED SOCIETY WITH YOUR SACRIFICE OF TAKING AN EXPERIMENTAL INJECTION

'WERE SORRY THATS NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE, BEND OVER'

'WANNA TRAVEL TO SEE YOUR FAMILY? LET ME SEE YOUR PAPERS - OH....THEY ARENT VALID ANYMORE BEFCAUSE THE SHOTS EFFICACY WANED IN 5 OR 6 MONTHS - GET YOUR BOOSTER, SHEEP'

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

When the big-talkers blab to us about ' Trickle-Down-Economics™ ' and such : it's important to understand the opposite of what they say.

The profits NEVER trickle-down.
The costs ALWAYS trickle down.

We the peons of the world : will be footing the $100 billion annual Global-Warming™ fees to the UN Climate-Change™ venture.

Don't worry about Big-Oil™ and that ilk, as they are partners in these initiatives, and have already positioned themselves to increase profits.

We will consume less not by choice, but by forced economic action.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I kid you not, last weekend I took a look at flat iron steak here in Anchorage. 6 months ago I could buy a 2 lb flat iron steak for $15 (and frequently we had BOGO sales on them). As of Sunday at Carr's (an offshoot of Safeway/Albertsons here in AK) $43 for a 2 lb steak.

This isn't going to end well.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Ouch, yea I filled up yesterday at 1.54/l.

Lucky bastard!!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Average shop in the UK was about £50 to £70.

It's now £130 to £170......

That's a big, big jump. Massively big. But, don't look here inflation isn't a tax! Is it? Oh, it is...... Damn...... Our NI is going up soon too, as well as our 'leccy' and Gas. My word, it's almost like there's a deliberate attempt to impoverish those at the middle and bottom so that some can sweep in and own literally everything?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Meat has doubled in six months, here.
And you can't buy a freezer, so if you can get the time off to hunt you can't store the meat.

Tell me again how this isn't the plan.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

My wife is not well, so I have been buying the food for the last 2 years. The prices have gone up 20-35% across the board.

Hamburger I paid $11 for is now $14
Strawberries I paid $3 for are now $5
Bread is the same
Bananas are up 6 cents a pound or about 9%-11%
Milk has gone up since last year from $4 to $5
Eggs have gone fro $2.39/12 to $2.99/12 for the same large eggs
Margarine has gone from 99 cents to $1.50
Jams are up from $3 to $4 (or higher)
Chicken has almost doubled in price
Beef has gone up by 30% per pound
Toilet paper is up from $5 to $6 for 24 rolls
Paper towel is up from 99 cents for 2 to $1.69 for 2
Canned beans have gone from $1 to $1.50
Tomato paste has gone from $0.67 to $0.75
Potatoes have gone from $3.98/10 lbs to $4.98 and $5.98/10 lbs
Potato chips (cheap ones) have gone from 99 cents/1 bag to $4.00/3 bags

I could go on...

Where I would spend $130-$140 every two weeks plus $60 sometime in between, for two people ($340/month), now I spend $160-$180 every two weeks plus another $100 in between ($460/month). That's about a 33% increase. I am not buying anything different when I go grocery shopping. To add insult to injury, every time I go out to get anything, groceries, prescriptions, doctors, friends, etc, the gas prices is are up 50% in the last 18 months. At the beginning of 2020, I could find gas for under a buck a litre, now it's a $1.47 or more per litre. Don't even get me started on housing costs and rentals, they're obscene on a whole 'nuther level. So don't let the @sshole media lie to you, people on the ground see the real costs of this prime moron in Ottawa

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

'WANNA TRAVEL TO SEE YOUR FAMILY? LET ME SEE YOUR PAPERS - OH....THEY ARENT VALID ANYMORE BEFCAUSE THE SHOTS EFFICACY WANED IN 5 OR 6 MONTHS - GET YOUR BOOSTER, SHEEP'

Rules for you but not for thee... Do these same show your papers apply those who fly in a private airliner?

top topics

join