It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Language

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex
Wow that video is amazing, so powerful. A definite reminder of our lost past.
Thanks for your comment

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Thank you for your reply, very interesting information there that I will look further into.
I was trying to 'judge' the letter A btw, I was just pointing out that it is used for a lot of negative words and is also in the shape of a snake.
(Snake/serpent/satan - we all know the history of serpents aka 'reptiles'..)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Thanks for the site
Kind of related what I was saying about N meaning connection because it shows 11 being connected.

. In Hebrew, however, 11 is indicated by the combination of the letters א, whose value is 1, and י , whose value is 10. Together they add up to 11 – י"א . In this vein, 12 = י"ב = 13 , י"ג and so forth.

So i could be right about the hidden meaning behind the N
Ns are also prevalent in the word CONNECT

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980
Nice to know you are on my wave length!!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Language likely began as animal sounds, nature sounds, etc. The majority of human innovation is rooted in our mimicry of nature. The animals of this planet have an uncanny ability to leverage what nature has to offer to their benefit. Humans have an uncanny ability to take that seed of a notion and grow/develop it into novel and keen systems.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reachingnirvana

Ditto, maybe we can help each other upwards

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

When my cat wants inside it miaows outside the door, I say Hello or hiya and it now mimics those sounds after I say them.
After I let it in and say hello again

The fckr draws me a dirty look

Untill it wants fed

I think I'm being used

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to bigfatfurrytexan
True that warning calls, mating calls maybe even some form of names were used first, but do you think early humans were able to understand the difference of basic numbers before developing intelligent words to describe objects? I think so.
And definitely, before an entire language containing hundreds of words were invented.

For example, if a caveman - that only uses primal calls - was looking at a pile of three stones, he would probably be able to use a stick to draw three lines as a representation of the amount of stones he could see.

If this is true, numbers came before language.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

They likely banged drums to numerical beats before they spoke also

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reachingnirvana, I have not dismissed your post. I have no power on it. It is just that when you wrote language I pinpointed you really meant English language. Now that we both agree this is really what you meant, we can progress further.

The key issue in your reasoning is, using your terms, to verbalise the number of stones. This reasoning have a problem. See, we can agree there is no need for humans to verbalise, unless verbalising implies an evolutionary advantage. It happens it does, for humans. The fact is you don't invent language, much as birds do not invent wings: it comes built in your genome. You do not speak because you wish: you speak because you are human.

With language it happens exactly what happens to birds with flying: they do not learn how to fly, they simply fly once their brains has matured and the required neurotransmitters and hormones are produced. You can put an isolated human in a cage, and she won't learn a particular language, yet she is able to use language. It would be more likely modulated guttural sounds, or even random syllables conforming a language. Her language.

Let's talk now about secret codes in languages. My position is you can hide an entire language within a language, and that you can use language to convey secret messages by using language itself to obfuscate language. But I warn you: if you do this at word level your secret will be easily exposed. If you do it at sentence level then you'll have a higher chance to hide your message. If you do it at text level (like in Voynych's manuscript) your chances are even higher.
This, of course, without using computers. Using computers your probability to convey a secret language using language is nil. This is called steganography. You would need a further step: encryption.

The question is whether kabbalists were using their methods to convey secret messages, and the answer is no: they thought the revealed sacred text was given to them by God, and they were trying to unveil secret messages God might have left for them to unveil. Mind, with a Semitic language like Hebrew this is fun because the language is mostly based on triliteral roots, the combination of which always gives you a meaningful word.

Let's use an example with your word PLANET. In a Semitic world, it would be written PLNT, from which you could easily derive both PLANT and PLIANT. From thereon you can establish an entire axiology such as "the planet is in fact the holy plant from which humans emerged as fruits". Or, if you feel darkish, "the planet is just a venomous plant".

See my point?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

No the question is wither kabbalists are hiding secret messages in the English language

For example Satan Clause the god of the material realm, when you receive a present you give thanks and love

However love shouldn't really be expressed in exchange for meaningless materialistic objects

Live should be expressed whem you feel it, it should be natural

Giving thanks for things that mean nothing could be seem as a negative

If you go with the gnostic demiurge theory

And another I can't be anti semitic because I'm not sure if I am a Jew or not

I don't know what iam

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh and I downloaded 2 pdfs
Magic squares
And the lost theorem

Cheers will check them out

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reachingnirvana
Thank you for your reply, very interesting information there that I will look further into.
I was trying to 'judge' the letter A btw, I was just pointing out that it is used for a lot of negative words and is also in the shape of a snake.
(Snake/serpent/satan - we all know the history of serpents aka 'reptiles'..)

This really only works if English is a "conlang" (a constructed language -- which it isn't)

You can't make that kind of judgement if a language is not created from the ground up, because the sources come from many places and one association that you make may be the wrong one. In addition, the language can't be one that changes continuously and quickly.

So if (and this is a classic example) "awful" means "something that fills you with awe and excitement" -- which is the definition they used in the 1800's but it changes over time to mean "something horrible" then whatever you "found" from the original absolutely won't work with the changed language.

Now, if you've got a conlang (which doesn't change often) then you can construct something like that where 'Sssass" means 'anything snaky" because of the two sets of triple-s and THEN whatever you write in that constructed language will absolutely work out. As long as you don't permit others to meddle with it.

Klingon and Esperanto are two good examples of well made and functional conlangs.

English and most of the living languages of the world are entirely too messy for this and you get words with conflicting meanings (like five hundred different words with a value of "101" (to pick a number for no reason at all) and there's no correlation between them.

(and I'm not sure everyone knows the history of snakes... in some cultures (ancient Egypt) they were protectors or guardian spirits (Hindu) that could heal and interpret dreams (Greece) or bring rain and help crops (Navajo, Pueblo) -- and so forth--... and beyond that there's the whole evolution of them from their ancestral form. They're delightful creatures, really, and keep humans from being overrun by rats and squirrels and other things we really don't want.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Check this Facebook is changing its name to meta
With the Jewish community highlighting that meta means "dead" in hebrew

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Personally just now I see snakes as meaning knowledge, awakening, the kundalini is an example

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980

DAVG1980, in case you are interested I can emal to you some books in pdf about magic squares, alchemy, and gematria, plus some software to start analyzing texts.

If that's the case, please PM to me with an email address.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes that would be much appreciated
Pm'd you
Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My last reply got auto corrected I meant to say I wasn't trying to judge the letter S.. Just pointing out the possibility of it being used negatively.

As language develops and changes over time so radically this would surely mean that not every word used today contains a hidden message or symbol. So I'm sure there are many words you could find to make your point.
But there are many I could find (that are possible to decode) to make my point.
Perhaps your right and language today is too messy for every single word in every language to contain a secret message or meaning. But that doesn't mean that has always been the case.

And even if no letters or words were ever designed to be negative when spelt or written, what about the sounds and vibrations they make when spoken?

The history of the symbol of the snake is another subject entirely which I would like to delve deeper into sometime... of course to an English Christian a snake will be easily connected to a serpent/Satan (remember the snake from Adam and Eve.) And that what is what I meant by the letter S once being perceived as negative.
But I agree with your point about other cultures and ancient civilsations using the snake as a positive symbol of wisdom etc.
Which is why I have always wandered if the snake in Adam and Eve who encouraged Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge was actually only ever trying to teach them wisdom about the material 'prism' that they lived in. (Basically the same knowledge we all seek here on ATS.)
So not so evil after all.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Absolutely. Dogs understand numbers. I see no reason that a human wouldn't. The first form of "writing" was likely knots on ropes.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

The only letter symbols that can be applied to a form of "possessive tense" are the vowels (a, e, I, o, u)

Is this the reason you eliminate vowels when doing a sigil in chaos magick

Because they are already linked to opposites?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join