It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Authorities Detain British Fishing Boat - UK summons French ambassador

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

French strong arming anything, aye right!

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

No-one wants to 'go to war', but we certainly shouldn't back down from France's belligerent and intimidatory tactics and actions.

You seem incapable of posting anything without displaying your blatant anti-British/anti-English bigotry and hatred.
It colours your every post as is clearly evidenced throughout this thread.

Even France's EU partners are condemning France over this.
France has openly admitted that this action was driven by a desire to 'punish' the UK for having the temerity to leave the EU.

But still you have to try and make out that its those bastard Brits who are at fault.
That hatred, bigotry and racism overrides everything - because you hate the British/English you have to spin everything as being their fault.

You are incapable of entering into reasoned and respectful discussion.

I would love to meet you and discuss these sort of things face to face but I suspect you wouldn't have the balls to be so vocal in expressing your bigoted vitriol in such circumstances.

Like all bigots and racists your hatred will consume you in the end.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm in no doubt his tough guy stance over this issue is with one eye on next years Presidential elections , Macron is playing a high stakes game here for political advantage , a victory over the British on fishing will win him support but a loss in the courts could be both embarrassing and politically damaging.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Personally i think Macron is a far-right walloper just trying to stir the pot like so many others.

Aye lets hope he losses in court, it's always good when that happens.

Head all down and sent home in disgrace.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

How to make friends and influence people , Macron calls Scott Morrison a liar.

Not saying Scott Morrison isn't a liar but it's another thing for a fellow leader to say he is in public.
Naughty Manu.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The French have now released the impounded trawler and backed down from their threats to block UK boats from landing their catches in French ports.

"France has clearly taken a decision not to implement some of the decisions they threatened last Wednesday, we very much welcome that.

"But I think there's going to be a very important meeting on Thursday between (Brexit minister) Lord Frost and his opposite number, not just on fisheries but a wider range of issues as well."

French President Emmanuel Macron had warned that Paris could block UK boats from landing their catches and impose physical checks on lorries travelling to and from the UK - which had led to fears of long queues on either side of the Channel resulting in delayed shipments ahead of Christmas.

But on Monday evening, Downing Street said it welcomed an announcement from Paris that it would "not go ahead with implementing their proposed measures as planned tomorrow", adding that the UK is "ready" to continue talks.
[url]https://news.sky.com/story/fishing-row-france-backs-down-on-immediate-threats-to-ban-british-boats-from-french-ports-as-talks-continue-12457516[/ url]

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The French have now released the impounded trawler and backed down from their threats to block UK boats from landing their catches in French ports.

"France has clearly taken a decision not to implement some of the decisions they threatened last Wednesday, we very much welcome that.

"But I think there's going to be a very important meeting on Thursday between (Brexit minister) Lord Frost and his opposite number, not just on fisheries but a wider range of issues as well."

French President Emmanuel Macron had warned that Paris could block UK boats from landing their catches and impose physical checks on lorries travelling to and from the UK - which had led to fears of long queues on either side of the Channel resulting in delayed shipments ahead of Christmas.

But on Monday evening, Downing Street said it welcomed an announcement from Paris that it would "not go ahead with implementing their proposed measures as planned tomorrow", adding that the UK is "ready" to continue talks.
[url]https://news.sky.com/story/fishing-row-france-backs-down-on-immediate-threats-to-ban-british-boats-from-french-ports-as-talks-continue-12457516[/ url]

Unless there has been a further update apparently not.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Strong arming a hanky

The only thing that the French are really really good at is galvanizing good old British resolve and bringing us together no matter our differences.

edit on 11 2 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Strong arming a hanky

Now, now. I got told off for the "cheese munching surrender monkey" thing.

Oops, I did it again. Apologies.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Strong arming a hanky

Now, now. I got told off for the "cheese munching surrender monkey" thing.

Oops, I did it again. Apologies.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Your emogi is the spit of Angela Merkel.........

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Was aiming for Macron bring served Scottish scallops for dinner.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Was aiming for Macron bring served Scottish scallops for dinner.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Followed by Hard Cheese and Sour Grapes, mais non?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sorry about this but it needs to be here..

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The detained trawler has now actually been released and is on its way home.

The British trawler that was detained by France during the post-Brexit fishing row has been released by the French authorities.

The Scottish-registered scallop dredger Cornelis Gert Jan left the northern French port of Le Havre on Wednesday evening.

The trawler's owner, Macduff Shellfish, said it was "delighted" that the crew and vessel could return home.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

"Macduff Shellfish" ? Did he captain the "Boaty McBoatface"?

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

"Macduff Shellfish" ? Did he captain the "Boaty McBoatface"?

Sadly not. It's the name of the company that operates the trawler, apparently....

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join