It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is no one using the research forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Most of the forums here on ATS have loads of posts every day - in these times, particularly Political Mudpit and Diseases and Pandemics.

But what about the Research forum? Why is no one on that?

If my phone is right, it's been 1068 days since someone last posted on it. That's almost three years! I'm a newbie, and even I can see that that's a long time for a forum not to be posted on.

Can someone also please explain why there are only 112 topics? Did the Research forum fall out of favour? Or did it just never really hit off in the first place?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Moonstar7

Maybe no one researching stuff? Although, you seem to have done a bit research on the forum, prob should have posted there

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It's gate kept, so much so, that it is now irrelevant.

Excellent question, good luck with the answer...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Because nobody here researches anything. They just post paranoid extremist videos.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

People are taking things verbatim from here, social media.

It's the new reality. You see it here. Look at the posts in general...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

It's gate kept, so much so, that it is now irrelevant.

Excellent question, good luck with the answer...

Basically my impression too.

Having said that, unlike mebbe some, I'm liking some things I'm seeing with the new management.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I can't say either way.

I have no problem with the new management, as, I had no problem with the old management.

I like ATS and can tolerate most of those who post here (unlike most sites).

Maybe they'll re-invigorate the old forums, I'd love to see and participate in a Covid19 research project (whatever subject or area that would entail), but I could only contribute as my expertise are in other areas (I'd love to participate just to learn).

Ah well, hopefully some of the pros here will get something going.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
To use the research forum, it was my understanding that you had to ask for permission and had to be granted permission to use it. So I figured I would just do research of things myself and try to show the results to others instead of getting attached to a forum that not many can interact with. Setting up a big research project is not easy when you have lots of people involved.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for all these answers...

If you actually look at the posts, it looks very complicated setting up a stream. That's probably why Collaborative Writing doesn't seem as popular either. It's a real shame because there are a few great stories there.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What's both amazing & a shame is the amount of GREAT threads from years past. Moonstar.

I say a shame because mining for them can be a task because of the sheer amount of content alone.

Looks like you're digging though, Moonstar, so a big thumbs up,

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The Research Forum is restricted to Scholars only.
The forum is used to do heavy research on a chosen topic. Once the Research topic is closed, that is the end of that particular topic.
[I think I actually was on a project very long ago.]

There has been some minor interest in the last few years, but never enough sustained interest to start a new project.
It is not everyone's cup of tea, and times on the internet have changed since that Forum was started.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Okay.

I recently found out the collaborative writing forum is for Writers only, research (the main topic of this thread) is Scholars only and Debating is Fighters only.

And I also found out the requirements to be a Writer are:

1. Must have been a member of ATS for at least a month.
2. Must have posted regularly in that time.
3. Has never spammed or trolled in that whole time.

I don't know about the other requirements - possibly the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You can write short stories and poetry here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
No offence, but I already know. You don't have to be a Writer to post in the short stories forum.

You can check some of mine out here.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
[I think I actually was on a project very long ago]

Hmmmm...don't think so...unless if you did it on another account...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   

If I'm being honest, I think that it's because the quality of answers has really deteriorated over the last few years, and the level of noise has increased dramatically.

I remember back in the day when you would have people making complicated posts explaining math and physics, and chemistry, or experts in digital imagine confirming or debunking photographs. We had some really good posts about 5G by people who know what they were talking about.

Today, we have 200 posts the contain a link to a bitchute video that makes outrageous claims that can't be backed up.

People post statistics that they don't understand which say the exact opposite of what the poster says that they say, people make blanket statements without citations or sources and they repeat the same unsourced accusations over and over again, and EVERYTHING is political.

If you were to make a post on the research forum asking about any of the current hot button topics you'd probably get a face full of links to misleading sources from people who don't know the topics, or understand why the sources are misleading.

More so, the people who seem to feel the most inclined to answer anything these days seem to be the people with the strongest views, not the people with the most knowledge of the subject.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

times on the internet have changed since that Forum was started.

I suspect that this is a polite way of saying that people are now more inclined to search for a Bitchute video confirming their own bias than a scholarly article that challanges it.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't have another account, sir.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join