It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The English Phrase Afghan Refugees are learning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
The problem is there are literally thousands of houses being built all over the country, but they aint affordable houses. They say that they are affordable to buy, but, usually the mortgage payments ARE affordable but they want such a heavy deposit it puts it out of range for the majority of people. So, what is happening is that people with money buy them to rent out. So you know what the game is now. People with money getting more money.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The problem is there are literally thousands of houses being built all over the country, but they aint affordable houses. They say that they are affordable to buy, but, usually the mortgage payments ARE affordable but they want such a heavy deposit it puts it out of range for the majority of people. So, what is happening is that people with money buy them to rent out. So you know what the game is now. People with money getting more money.

It is the same here. The true starter homes are all from 1950 and before and because there is such a lack of them when they go on the market there is always a bidding war.

In my village it is actually illegal to build houses smaller than a certain size, which is actually quite large.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Don't disagree with any of that.

Deposits can indeed be rather a large hurdle.

I would add through depending on the type of mortgage, payments can become unaffordable, especially if life decides to go sideways.

Such is the world in which we live.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Another little side bit for you. The French navy can detect and arrest a fishing boat but can't stop the already 14,500 illegal migrants crossing the channel.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well cheers for that little titbit, but I'm not in the French navy nor a fisherman.

Nor im i planning on crossing the channel anytime soon.

Probably best to stop them on the French side before the get to sea imho.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
time.com...

while their parents learn key phrases in English classes. (“Would you like to pay in cash or card?”)

You can’t make this stuff up. Say hello to your next customer service workers.
This has happened many times in history, replacing one group of immigrants for another for Low level workers.

I learned today people think it is derogatory to call them refugees!
It is derogatory to give them used clothing. I live a few hours away and they are collecting clothes all the freaking time.
If the government can’t take care of them they should not have been brought here. Expecting people in our state to provide winter clothing to these people is not acceptable.

Don’t give them used clothes!

Instead, throw away those used and perfectly good clothes to fill up our land fills and further impact our environment!

No wait, you need to pay a carbon tax and we’re going to stick a meter in your keester to monitor how much you’re polluting the environment!

World is loco.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

Don’t give them used clothes! Instead, throw away those used and perfectly good clothes to fill up our land fills and further impact our environment! No wait, you need to pay a carbon tax and we’re going to stick a meter in your keester to monitor how much you’re polluting the environment! World is loco.

They don’t want USED clothes! They want you to buy brand new clothes. They are going so far as telling people not to get ones with designs on it.
I also don’t throw clothes away (good ones) I give them to the homeless and Veterans and Women’s shelters. There is plenty of need here.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This all sounds a bit nuts, obviously given the temperature and different climate of the area they are moving to, the refugees will require appropriate clothing to survive the winter.

What's the deal with them requiring brand new clobber, and why don't they want ones with designs?

This sounds like its the charity or whoever is responsible for issuing these people with clothing making such demands.

My bet is the people will be happy with whatever they are given.

Fact of the matter also its generally the best of clothing people give away to charity still rather functional rather than giving away rags.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

time.com...

while their parents learn key phrases in English classes. (“Would you like to pay in cash or card?”)

This has happened many times in history, replacing one group of immigrants for another for Low level workers.

It is derogatory to give them used clothing. I live a few hours away and they are collecting clothes all the freaking time.
If the government can’t take care of them they should not have been brought here. Expecting people in our state to provide winter clothing to these people is not acceptable.

Just imagine if the USA spent all them trillions building houses, schools and education in those areas of Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq instead of dropping countless bombs.

1.) You wouldn't have had over 1 million dead
2.) You wouldn't be moaning right now on your computer about thousands of refugees flooding the western world.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGodWELL YOU DIDN'T THINK BUSH AND CHENEY were going to point finger at king of saudi arabia do you?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There was a recent news story about an Afghan refugee
www.google.com...=true

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Just imagine if the USA spent all them trillions building houses, schools and education in those areas of Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq instead of dropping countless bombs.

2.) You wouldn't be moaning right now on your computer about thousands of refugees flooding the western world.

Possibly.

But you'd still have Sunni killing Shia by the thousands and vice versa.
Women would still be treat like second class citizens.
Despots and tyrants would still brutally repress the people of those lands.
The rich would still exploit the poor.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Debunkology

Possibly.

But you'd still have Sunni killing Shia by the thousands and vice versa.
Women would still be treat like second class citizens.
Despots and tyrants would still brutally repress the people of those lands.
The rich would still exploit the poor.

Possibly.

The irony is that women's rights in Afghanistan were fairly modern in the 1960s, we're all seen the photos of Afghan women in short skirts in Kabul. With 60% of University students being made up of young women way back then. Women gained equal rights in Afghanistan in 1964. Afghanistan was a rather forward thinking country, especially compared to many western countries.

But who took them rights away? The Taliban in the 90s. And who put the Taliban in power? The AMERICANS

The Americans and British have been funding extremist Islamic military groups in that area for decades. Only when they switch sides do they become terrorists, before that they are "the rebels". A government not wanted even if it's democratically elected becomes "the regime". Rinse and repeat. And all that is wasted is human lives and American tax dollars.

edit on 31 10 2021 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
Like Ted Cruz said . Let’s get some of these people on buses and ship a few thousand to Martha’s Vineyard and some politicians back yards.

Good idea! How about Washington DC, New York, Chicago, and other PROUD sanctuary cities and states?

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

time.com...

Many of these people risked their lives to help our troops over in Afghanistan. So bringing them over here, out of harm's way, is the least we can do for them.

A close friend of mine did a few tours in Afghanistan. One of the interpreters that helped his unit out was granted asylum here along with his family, because the Taliban had bounties on their heads. We helped them with donations of money, clothing, and household goods. The interpreter himself got a job at Amazon, and was able to find a place to stay. It's not really that big a deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Cheers for the info.

Will read through the links now but this sounds like a clear breach of international law and human rights as the state failing to provide the basic essentials needed to survive.

It breaks several of Articles/Laws in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for basic standards of treatment: International standards for Human Rights - even prisoners of war must legally be provided nutritous food 3 times a day and be given water whenever they request it.

It's barbaric that Biden is continuing his complete screw over of the Afghan people and a good portion of those being treated this way were allies and interpreters on the battlefield and now face worse treatment than prisoners of war.

This is a major scandal brewing so thanks for making the thread and bringiing issue to my attention.

but
it was the
best withdrawal,
in the history of
withdrawals, flawless,
i hear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join