It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The View from the Top of an Ice House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sitting on top of the igloo-shaped stone structure, I felt on top of the world. This plain, slightly crumbled Victorian-age ice house was absolutely nowhere near that, but after daring leaps across a rushing river and a perilous climb up a steep and winding goat track, it kind of felt like it.

The sunlight reflected in the water, the majestic mountains, the lush green valley and the distant sapphire-blue sea made for a stunning scene. I could have stayed there for hours.

Soon, my brother was shouting at me to "get down so we can get on with this hike". I jumped down from the ice house's roof and prepared myself to cross the river again. Above me, the mountains towered. New heights to be reached.

Because when you achieve one goal, you will always catch sight of another better one.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
BTW this story is based on Donard Ice House in the Mourne Mountains. We went there on Monday.

And if you live in America or England or even somewhere really exotic like Korea or something you might not have heard of them.

The Mournes are in County Down (Ireland and Northern Ireland are split in counties) and they're quite close to the sea. They have the tallest mountains in Northern Ireland, the highest being Slieve Donard at (this may seem a bit pathetic to you depending where you are) 850m.

If you want more info here's a website.

www.mourne-mountains.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the short story.

It sounds like the trip made quite an impression of you.

Looking forward to reading more from you,
Johnny

edit on 10/31/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

new topics

join