It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Likely Dark Scenario

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That sounds like a good read, i'll have to look into it.

I think we can guess what will happen but sometimes it is more organic than people realize.
In Venezuela condoms were a high value item. That isn't something you would automatically think about right?
I think female products and diapers would be up there too.

The book might suggest that carpenters and such would be the ones to survive, but I actually think that it is not necessarily the most handy that would be the best off. Maybe right off the bat but not long term. Smart people survive regardless of their profession.
For example, my husband is as white collar as you can be. What people don't realize is he grew up poor, he is an excellent carpenter, he can build almost anything but on top of that he is brilliant. A carpenter might trade some of his work for alcohol vs more tools, whereas my someone like my husband would think about items that have longevity or more than one use, like bicycle for part etc. Smart people tend to flock together quickly, again power in numbers. I've already seen stuff like this happening.

As far as city folks, the richest would be fine, they would figure out how to get private transportation out.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Two things Ive never disposed of,and always get refilled until expired: pain killers and antibiotics.
Why throw awaysomething worth more than gold, in different circumstances?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

....Being as far away from a highly populated area is a must. City folks will leave urban areas like a locust horde.

Well they'd better stay away from Redneck and his neighbours unless they want a huge pile of pig poop dropped on their verandahs. Although manure will probably be worth it's weight in gold when the switch is pulled.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
where i am from, we are facing rolling blackouts on a regular basis.It's scary. I think fuel to run generators, batteries etc, have intrinsic vale. A power grid's decline seems slow at 1st, then intermittent crisis with ever increasing frequency. If the power goes off, civilisation as we know it, ends.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

So here are items I think will have trading value, guns, drugs, alcohol, illicit services, medications, access to clean water.
What am I missing? Think if the lights went out, not even permanently, but let’s say for an extended period of time. What could you see as a high value items?

Food and water will be of the greatest need.

Most people will learn very quickly what they will eagerly leave behind, what they will kill for, and most of what they cherish now is worthless.

For over the last six months, almost on a daily basis, some town, or village has been wiped out by fire, flooding, volcanos, earthquakes, or high winds.

Several things they had in common. Little to no warning. In a blink of an eye, everyhing they owned was gone. And at almost every disaster, the people rejoiced for what that had, even more so when they had lost the most.

As catastrophic as most of the events were, the lost of life was small, when looking at the amount of destruction and devastation. Something they recognized and rejoiced in

Basic survival will be the primary goal. Food, water, shelter, warmth in cold areas. Just the basics. You can't eat gold, precious metals, or stones. They will have little to no value to a starving man. Those are items that have value when men have more than they need.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Good read. I also read "One Year After", started, but did not finish, "The Final Day".

I think books like "One Second After", and movies like "Goodbye World", shines a light on the human aspect of the fallen society.

It is hard enough for people to understand, and get along, when their needs are met. It will be a nightmare when fear, uncertainty, despair, and hunger is running amok.

Personally, I believe the development of a strong community before TSHTF, is key to survival. We all have to sleep, and we all have to go to the bathroom, so we will all will be vunerable daily.

There is no perfect scenario to a newly apocalyptic world. We will all be catching as catch can, working with what is available, and fighting for the opportunity to get through on more day.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
where i am from, we are facing rolling blackouts on a regular basis.It's scary. I think fuel to run generators, batteries etc, have intrinsic vale. A power grid's decline seems slow at 1st, then intermittent crisis with ever increasing frequency. If the power goes off, civilisation as we know it, ends.

It is very scary and I think a real possibility.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

So here are items I think will have trading value, guns, drugs, alcohol, illicit services, medications, access to clean water.
What am I missing? Think if the lights went out, not even permanently, but let’s say for an extended period of time. What could you see as a high value items?

This is a pretty good list, I would add ammunition, gasoline, batteries, matches, duct tape...

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So I'm deeply into Crypto and just want to make this point. Very few times in life are we at the "birth" of a new whatever. Computers.....Internet.......Related tech........CRYPTO!!! Crypto is and WILL be the future of finance. And when the lights go out, where's ya money at???? Lol....But NOW....NOW!!!! There is so much FU money to be made in it that you can stock the cabin with all the propane you'll ever need.....that's why I'm in it..Now....I'm not a rich guy. But I'm tryin. I'm preparing as well as I can now. But crypto...NOW...can be the vehicle that allows one to afford to prep a LOT more. Just gotta know when to hold em nd when to fold em....lol....F$@k Y$u levels of money are possible for a normal guy to attain in Crypto right now. Bullets nd beans still gotta be paid for with Govt greenbacks for now.....i said now way too many times...lol

edit on 2-11-2021 by jsul77798 because: Addd more

edit on 2-11-2021 by jsul77798 because: Add

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsul77798
So I'm deeply into Crypto and just want to make this point. Very few times in life are we at the "birth" of a new whatever. Computers.....Internet.......Related tech........CRYPTO!!! Crypto is and WILL be the future of finance. And when the lights go out, where's ya money at???? Lol....But NOW....NOW!!!! There is so much FU money to be made in it that you can stock the cabin with all the propane you'll ever need.....that's why I'm in it..Now....I'm not a rich guy. But I'm tryin. I'm preparing as well as I can now. But crypto...NOW...can be the vehicle that allows one to afford to prep a LOT more. Just gotta know when to hold em nd when to fold em....lol

I've dipped my toe in and it's scary.
The thing I've thought about... people are going to lose their shirts, just like the great depression.

There is another movement happening. People are getting really into modern, minimalist style. Looks so sleek, so clean, so luxurious...........until the sh*t hits the fan!!!! No old antique oil lamps, no extra blankets, no furniture to burn.
I see it, I see it all happening a mile away...

You personally sound like you're on the right track! 💯

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Bro, I won't lie to you and say there's no risk and nothing to learn. But imo, the opportunity far outweighs the potential risk. Ok. So say you pick all the wrong coins and loose everything in the piggy bank. You took a risk that if done wisely, suppressing as much of the influence emotion can have, there is a LOT of money to be made. Just put 10 a week in Bitcoin. Or whatever. I've got thousands of hours into researching this. If that formula alone doesn't outperform any bank in America, I'll get the vaccine...hahaha....prob best to diversify a Lil at least but seriously. When Bitcoin goes to zero, the games over...period. ya gotta realize...the thing with Crypto is DECENTRALIZATION....no one person or group controls it. Only the influence of the holders transferring their assets effects the token. That doesn't mean a cagillionaire can't control a market, but then, ok...go to a different token. It's all transparent and every move made is right there to be seen, nothing hides on the block chain. I'm just sayin. Those not lookin into it at all are missing a huge opportunity. That's all

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'd commandeer the nearest nuclear powered sub with all my
friends and family as crew. Live on the high seas by the pirate code
under maritime law. Threaten land goers with our nukes for resupplies.
May even paint it yellow if we get the chance.

I'm sure there may be a few rough spots in my plan but it would be a
blast trying to pull it off. Being the worlds worst pirates carries some
notoriety at least.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join